Singapore to London Overland 16/17 (old thread)

Alearner

Reaction score
interesting and full of content. can i ask what you are using to edit video?

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Incredible journey. I have a couple of questions :
- can share what kind of backpack/bags you carried
- for small change as you enter each country, do you go straight to the money exchange?

Oo Fencer oO

Reaction score
Incredible journey. I have a couple of questions :
- can share what kind of backpack/bags you carried
- for small change as you enter each country, do you go straight to the money exchange?

Thanks! Hope it's informative and entertaining for you :s12:

- I used the Pacsafe 65L

- I carried some small change in the major currencies, so that I didn't have to go immediately to the money exchange when I enter the country.

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Hope it's informative and entertaining for you :s12:

- I used the Pacsafe 65L

- I carried some small change in the major currencies, so that I didn't have to go immediately to the money exchange when I enter the country.

Oh, I have the Pacsafe 45L

Oo Fencer oO

Reaction score
Nice vidz.Do mind how much the whole cost of the land trip? Sg to london.

Thanks! :D

I estimate about 7-8k total, including buying the bigger ticket item like backpack, down jacket, Russian visa.

It can be lower, if I didn't have to fly back from Hanoi and then back there again.

Oo Fencer oO

Reaction score
Updated with part 7 :s12:

Stay safe and stay healthy everyone

Vegetables are ... important.
Because *digestive* reasons.

Last edited:

Urbanchap

Reaction score
Saw all your videos. Cool!

Seat61 is good. Was using this to plan Java by rail for this year but Covid19 up-ended everything :(

Also hope to do Beijing to London via trans-siberian railway one day, so waiting for your future videos :)

Btw, how do you generate the moving red line showing your route on the map?

Oo Fencer oO

Reaction score
Saw all your videos. Cool!

Seat61 is good. Was using this to plan Java by rail for this year but Covid19 up-ended everything :(

Also hope to do Beijing to London via trans-siberian railway one day, so waiting for your future videos :)

Btw, how do you generate the moving red line showing your route on the map?

Hey thanks for your support! :D
Please like my videos and subscribe to my channel, to help my grow the channel :s12:

Yes, Seat61 took a massive amount of guesswork out of the planning. Incredibly helpful.

Sorry to hear that your Java plan was shelved :(. In the meantime, keep the plan hot and execute it when the COVID situation is resolved.

Yea my next video will be about Beijing and train arrangements onwards to Mongolia, do keep a lookout! :D

I used a free software call "Route Generator".
You can google and just download it easily.
It's pretty easy to use!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.