[Official] EDMW Cat Owners Thread~ - Part 3

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RE

I strongly doubt that; never seen that in decades of caring for cats.

I'm talking of canned food.

Canned food needs to have high salt level and/or preservaties to prolong their self life. It's similar to preserving fresh food the traditional ways by us.

If you every meal only eat canned food and no fresh food then in no time you'll have skin problems, dropped hair, high irritability, under nourishment etc

That's why it's not advisable for humans to consume canned food for every meal. Unfortunately, stray cats don't have many options to choose unlike humans.

:s8:

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm talking of canned food.

Canned food needs to have high salt level and/or preservaties to prolong their self life. It's similar to preserving fresh food the traditional ways by us.

If you every meal only eat canned food and no fresh food then in no time you'll have skin problems, dropped hair, high irritability, under nourishment etc

Absolutely incorrect. You have no clue about canned food or the process of canning when you say stuff like that.

FreshMaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so which is which?

i feed my cat dry food in the morning and canned food at night. is it ok?

btw guys are there any products to fool-proof a cat from scratching the furniture?

thinking of changing sofa but how to prevent my cat from scratching it?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

so which is which?

btw guys are there any products to fool-proof a cat from scratching the furniture?

Buy the cat a few scratching poles and teach it where to scratch

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

so which is which?

So do you eat dry food in the morning and canned food at night for every meal? Is that ok to you?

:s8:

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so which is which?

First, I am afraid that I do not know of anything that will fool proof stop a cat from scratching furniture. I just settle for old furniture. :(

Second, I stick with dried food mainly because it is cheaper but about 15% is wet/canned food. I do this just make sure that the diet is more total.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
First, I am afraid that I do not know of anything that will fool proof stop a cat from scratching furniture. I just settle for old furniture. :(

Second, I stick with dried food mainly because it is cheaper but about 15% is wet/canned food. I do this just make sure that the diet is more total.

For my cat, dry food is always available for her. I feed her wet food abt 2-3 times a day. I feed stray cats, so got alot of can food at home. So let her eat what she wants.

Once a week my mom will sligtly toast snapper or sea bass in olive oil and feed her haha

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so which is which?

I also not sure how to advise you. My cat also keep scratching our sofa. Now my sis buy those big sofa cloth cover and cover the sofa fully. So my cat cannot scratch

saycheese

Banned
Reaction score
Have you guys tried freeze-dried?
Recently I bought a small bag of freeze-dried food for my cat and she love it

theMKR

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently i let my cat out (usually he is only out for the night and inside the cat villa in the day) he keep running all over the place and now become quite skinny.

the food is buffet style dry food, he rather play and dun eat. Unless i lock him in the cat villa, then he bored will go eat..... So i change the food?

saycheese

Banned
Reaction score
very very expensive.

need to add a bit of water too....

I bought this...
Primal feline freeze dried 14oz pack for my cat
one pack cost 49sgd. think if buy bulk can get 1 pack at 40sgd...

I checked the feeding instruction, they asked me to feed her 8 nuggets within a day
but hor, usually she don't even eat much and I cooked fresh fish for her at dinner time almost everyday. I mean if she's hungry, she will help herself to the dry food buffet mah...

I got a feeling that feeding instruction is just to get us to finish up the pack fast and reorder again :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.