[OFFICIAL] LG V50

rest1ess

Reaction score
I tested? When apps are being minimized there is still a short animation unlike andriod 9

Same phone, the v50?

I don't see this comparative difference in speed in my experience with A10 and A9 (but not the v50).

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine is a lg v50s. After updating to andriod 10 then it happens. Feels like iphone reduce motion feature.

Also compared to samsung fold, this is so much nicer to use, i get frustrated with the tiny outer display on the samsung fold , always have to unfold to do anything decent.

Same phone, the v50?

I don't see this comparative difference in speed in my experience with A10 and A9 (but not the v50).

rest1ess

Reaction score
Mine is a lg v50s. After updating to andriod 10 then it happens. Feels like iphone reduce motion feature.

Maybe it is the stock LG launcher, which is definitely not the best around.

Also compared to samsung fold, this is so much nicer to use, i get frustrated with the tiny outer display on the samsung fold , always have to unfold to do anything decent.

Oh you don't use the DS by default? With DS, I also have to open up to use phone every time (unless I default to a 180degree turn position for the DS).

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes i do use the dual screen just that i kept it fold behind by default. You are using v50? Or v50s

Have u updated to andriod 10?
Maybe it is the stock LG launcher, which is definitely not the best around.

Oh you don't use the DS by default? With DS, I also have to open up to use phone every time (unless I default to a 180degree turn position for the DS).

Last edited:

rest1ess

Reaction score
Yes i do use the dual screen just that i kept it fold behind by default. You are using v50? Or v50s

Have u updated to andriod 10?

That's what i thought. Quite an interesting way of using the DS. I don't fancy a screen protector on my screen so this way of using the DS is too risky for me.

I'm on V50. It came with A10 (a pleasant surprise) so no experience with A9 on it. :s13:

The DS hangs occassionally. I wonder if it is due to the wireless implementation compared to the usbc implementation of the V50s/g8x/V60.

Last edited:

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
So for your set did u use development mode to turn off animation? Well i pasted screen protector before i started to use so its fine.

When folded is about the same thinkness as the samsung fold. If they come out with samsung fold 2, its not lilely to cost around $600 haha

That's what i thought. Quite an interesting way of using the DS. I don't fancy a screen protector on my screen so this way of using the DS is too risky for me.

I'm on V50. It came with A10 (a pleasant surprise) so no experience with A9 on it. :s13:

The DS hangs occassionally. I wonder if it is due to the wireless implementation compared to the usbc implementation of the V50s/g8x/V60.

rest1ess

Reaction score
So for your set did u use development mode to turn off animation? Well i pasted screen protector before i started to use so its fine.

When folded is about the same thinkness as the samsung fold. If they come out with samsung fold 2, its not lilely to cost around $600 haha

My sop - first thing is to turn off animation :D

Didn't know fold 2 coming at lower price?!

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
So your a10 when minimizing apps doesnt do any animation? Rumours are fold 1 is to tok , fold 2 is more competitive price lol

My sop - first thing is to turn off animation :D

Didn't know fold 2 coming at lower price?!

rest1ess

Reaction score
I tested all forms of nagiviarion bar , makes no diff.....your lg v50 a10 can minimize apps without animation?

Yes, no animation. But for gesture mode, there is, for some apps. :) My other A10 phone, non-LG, also exhibits same behavior.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Follow the guide above to change language in lg v50

Just receive my v50.. not bad

reno77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received my phone yesterday. Can finally read ebooks on dual screen..
Using the Widemode for LG app from playstore and the Librera Pro reader

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Did u buy v50 or v50s?

If anyone is looking for screen protectors, I tried a few different type of film screen protectors, this imak is the best so far, as its of harder material rather than very soft like the others....feels almost like glass...

https://shopee.sg/product/202783274/4021651030?smtt=0.0.9

rest1ess

Reaction score

I'm using Moon+. But not so much in dual page mode, just wide mode.

rest1ess

Reaction score
There's an update for the v500n. From the notes, there are a few good dual screen use improvements! LG is upping their software update game, or perhaps only for Korea models. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.