Looking for Recommendation - Civic, Mazda 6, Camry, Type R

Kotorin

Reaction score
So how did it come down to the Mazda 6 in the end? Thought you might have gone for the stinger given how much you and your wife enjoyed the test drive.

Despite liking the car itself, Wife can't seem to accept the Kia brand. Not sure why since she's not really a brand *****. And knowing the 2.0 Stinger could be sold at 145k+ but the salesperson refusing to lower the price below 159k kind of angered her so we ended up with the Mazda 6.

Well, maybe after a few years when she gets used to having a car, she'll agree to upgrade to the 200k+ range. Just hoping:s13::s13:

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next time don’t bring her to Kia , Honda and Mazda show room

Despite liking the car itself, Wife can't seem to accept the Kia brand. Not sure why since she's not really a brand *****. And knowing the 2.0 Stinger could be sold at 145k+ but the salesperson refusing to lower the price below 159k kind of angered her so we ended up with the Mazda 6.

Well, maybe after a few years when she gets used to having a car, she'll agree to upgrade to the 200k+ range. Just hoping:s13::s13:

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And 1 more trick share with you , u only go when there is this model on good deal that u will buy , I always use this to convince my wife , this model now good price , don’t buy really regret . And don’t spent effort in going so many show room , plan like car show 1 time see all for fun , like see 5 second and skip those u not going to buy
I just change a car by Bringing her to just 1 show room and 2 model , 1 model I don’t want 1 I purposely choose a much more expensive 1 :)
Like for me I want buy sting I will bring her to Lexus show room and show her the is f sport at 200 k and said see same 2 liter turbo but sting is 50k cheaper , worth buy la dear

Will go straight to BMW next time :s13:

Last edited:

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Every car has Lsd? Then how come Clarkson review some high powered fwd cars n say got no lsd?

Yes layman driving layman style. U chiong on track n push the limits of cos different story.

Btw, Paul walker's driver crashed his rwd Porsche n died.
I suggest you to read up and understand LSD working principles.

Without LSD , you can't do cornering easily. LSD is used to balance the 2 wheels speed difference. When the car is cornering, inner wheel will be running at lower speed than the outer wheel.

Those performance cars usually come with better LSD(1.5/2ways) to improve the handling. It is not true that car has no LSD.

Sent from Google PIXEL C using GAGT

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Without LSD , you can't do cornering easily. LSD is used to balance the 2 wheels speed difference. When the car is cornering, inner wheel will be running at lower speed than the outer wheel.

Those performance cars usually come with better LSD(1.5/2ways) to improve the handling. It is not true that car has no LSD.

The folks who drive the Alfa 147 say no LSD. Thus there's even an aftermarket part for it cos having so much power for a fwd is not ideal. see forum topic

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/34408-lsd-on-a-147-no-i-am-not-on-drugs.html

HairySpice

Reaction score
These are not drift cars in the list.. you can ignore the lsd... you only feel it work when making u-turns when driving FF.

sylves

Reaction score
Been reading this post from start till the end. Am also keen to look for a new car ownership with the criteria ranking below:
1) value for money
2) Reliability, Branding
2) Exterior and interior looks
3) Prefer sedan or sports version

Will be interested to know why you choose mazda 6 in the end, with most of the positive views leaning towards civic 1.5? With the range of budget you had, even A180 sound feasible?

Not sure if majority of the mid 30s people here are being brand conscious like myself?

zzt231

Banned
Reaction score
Every car come with open differential.

Only some car have lsd.

Base wrx don't even have lsd.

Posted from PCWX using never on bended knees

Last edited:

Skunk2R

Reaction score
And 1 more trick share with you , u only go when there is this model on good deal that u will buy , I always use this to convince my wife , this model now good price , don’t buy really regret . And don’t spent effort in going so many show room , plan like car show 1 time see all for fun , like see 5 second and skip those u not going to buy
I just change a car by Bringing her to just 1 show room and 2 model , 1 model I don’t want 1 I purposely choose a much more expensive 1 :)
Like for me I want buy sting I will bring her to Lexus show room and show her the is f sport at 200 k and said see same 2 liter turbo but sting is 50k cheaper , worth buy la dear

Haha contradict your nick.

Anyway ts dont mind me asking, anyone here owmed a skoda rs245?

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
Been reading this post from start till the end. Am also keen to look for a new car ownership with the criteria ranking below:
1) value for money
2) Reliability, Branding
2) Exterior and interior looks
3) Prefer sedan or sports version

Will be interested to know why you choose mazda 6 in the end, with most of the positive views leaning towards civic 1.5? With the range of budget you had, even A180 sound feasible?

Not sure if majority of the mid 30s people here are being brand conscious like myself?
Though choice

Among these models, Mazda 6 2.0 is the cheapest and I kind of like the premium design of the interior and exterior

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thats speak alot of you. Lolx:s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.