Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oic...
Between the Paperwhite and Oasis, what’s your preference and opinions ah?
Since you got both

the red color below is the oasis, brown is the paperwhite.
oasis cover, the problem is the left flap is sorta flopping around unbalanced. i guess too many ppl complaint / return / refunded the original cover design , so now is all full protection type and u cant take the cover off easily.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm, i'm looking to get the Oasis 3 32gb from Amazon US, Amazon SG dont have lol, comgateway would be ok hor to use as a forwarder for Amazon US?

thanks in advance! :s12:

:o:o

skinergy

Reaction score
hmmm, i'm looking to get the Oasis 3 32gb from Amazon US, Amazon SG dont have lol, comgateway would be ok hor to use as a forwarder for Amazon US?

thanks in advance! :s12:

:o:o

Wooo finally you are getting it! Is there a sale now for Oasis? I used ezbuy pretty fast and not too ex.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya lor...cannot take it already...bth liao lOl :s13::s13:

no sales for the Oasis now leh..

remember you got it during last year's black Friday sales, that's damn super good deal wu hua lol!

the ezbuy is it use the ezShip service ah? and the address given there
but its abit funny leh..
the name of the address they put simi Merlion DWSYW lOl.
:s22::s22:

Wooo finally you are getting it! Is there a sale now for Oasis? I used ezbuy pretty fast and not too ex.

skinergy

Reaction score
ya lor...cannot take it already...bth liao lOl :s13::s13:

no sales for the Oasis now leh..

remember you got it during last year's black Friday sales, that's damn super good deal wu hua lol!

the ezbuy is it use the ezShip service ah? and the address given there
but its abit funny leh..
the name of the address they put simi Merlion DWSYW lOl.
:s22::s22:

Yeah address abit weird but i got it very fast. I used the ezship service, think less than $20 straight to my house.

The cover i bought from taobao... Works great for me and less than $12 bucks. The Oasis cover selling in Amazon is crazy expensive.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oic... thanks thanks 🙏🏻
So far Shiok or not the Oasis...?
I damn damn damn tempted big time :s22:

Yeah address abit weird but i got it very fast. I used the ezship service, think less than $20 straight to my house.

The cover i bought from taobao... Works great for me and less than $12 bucks. The Oasis cover selling in Amazon is crazy expensive.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm ��
Ya lor... I also tempted cause of the bigger screen lol ��
Got consider buying a tablet stand?
To hold it and read on a table.
Ya... I would think That the oasis not so much for carrying around or for mobility, more for rather home use with a stand on a table kind of thing.

a lot of people still like & prefer the Voyage hor....but hard to find refurbished 1 already sia now...

Screen is shiok. But very heavy not nice to use for reading. Sold my oasis and went back to my old voyage :s22:

Last edited:

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm ******************
Ya lor... I also tempted cause of the bigger screen lol ******************
Ya... I would think That the oasis not so much for carrying around or for mobility, more for rather home use with a stand on a table kind of thing.

a lot of people still like & prefer the Voyage hor....but hard to find refurbished 1 already sia now...

Haha I normally read when commuting. I have tablet stand but Hardly read at home. Or you can use those origami cases.

One thing I like bout the oasis is the physical page press button. Like the old kindle keyboard. Voyage touch press abit not friendly

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oic....
using the Kindle mostly for commutes...can't use Oasis already man...definitely, Paperwhite or Voyage already haha....

Oasis is more for home use purpose mah since its so much bigger & heavier

I am quite tempted already on the Oasis lol.
since last year wanna buy from Black Friday until now le :s22::s22:

I have a Paperwhite 3 which is still going damn strong now..but starting to delete books already from it...4GB capacity almost full house le so no choice need to start deleting stuff lol.

feel like getting the 32GB Oasis for home use solely & leave all the books inside.
don't like to delete stuff....cause i'm a hoarder

:s12::s12:

Haha I normally read when commuting. I have tablet stand but Hardly read at home. Or you can use those origami cases.

One thing I like bout the oasis is the physical page press button. Like the old kindle keyboard. Voyage touch press abit not friendly

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
i use both interchangeably , once the batt low/flat, i take n use the other one since you can sync to furthest page read.

oasis 3rd gen ( mine ) is actually feels lighter than my paper white cos of the handle type design at 1 end. the bigger screen and the button press makes it very immersive. paper white need to swipe across screen and more often.

its just during commute, when i change bus , change mrt ( i need to change 4 times per trip) , the oasis is more troublesome cos its bigger hence harder to slide in/out of bag. if you have straight bus/train somewhere. its not actually a prob.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah... if traveling, use the PW Ma... more convenient....

Damn lol. I’m gonna buy the oasis 3 for home use solely Lol 😂

Bigger screen more Shiok to use right? :s11:

i use both interchangeably , once the batt low/flat, i take n use the other one since you can sync to furthest page read.

oasis 3rd gen ( mine ) is actually feels lighter than my paper white cos of the handle type design at 1 end. the bigger screen and the button press makes it very immersive. paper white need to swipe across screen and more often.

its just during commute, when i change bus , change mrt ( i need to change 4 times per trip) , the oasis is more troublesome cos its bigger hence harder to slide in/out of bag. if you have straight bus/train somewhere. its not actually a prob.

skinergy

Reaction score
Hmm ******************
Ya lor... I also tempted cause of the bigger screen lol ******************

Just get the origami case, double up as a stand and protector. I find the Oasis easier to hold than my Voyage cos I prefer using the page turner and you can interchange left or right hand it auto rotates to your direction.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah icic lol.

I prefer tablet stand more Shiok Lol ... got from AliExpress cheap cheap use for the paperwhite

Damn... how much you got the oasis for huh during Black Friday the other time?

I remember damn solid deal 1. Wasted that I no get during that time. :s22:

Just get the origami case, double up as a stand and protector. I find the Oasis easier to hold than my Voyage cos I prefer using the page turner and you can interchange left or right hand it auto rotates to your direction.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah... if traveling, use the PW Ma... more convenient....

Damn lol. I’m gonna buy the oasis 3 for home use solely Lol 😂

Bigger screen more Shiok to use right? :s11:

yup, oasis has the yellow screen so reading at night w/o bedroom light is good. paperwhite too bright sometimes..

oasis can get more words per page , so dun have to flip so often and if need to flip, just press harder with the thumb that is holding to the device. manga on oasis is way better too

when i switch back to paperwhite, the page flipping gets annoying cos is much more frequent and need to move finger n swipe lolx.

do note that oasis batt go down faster than paperwhite by a lot ( mobile read/reddits/forums got ppl complain before, so its known issue).

skinergy

Reaction score
Ah icic lol.

I prefer tablet stand more Shiok Lol ... got from AliExpress cheap cheap use for the paperwhite

Damn... how much you got the oasis for huh during Black Friday the other time?

I remember damn solid deal 1. Wasted that I no get during that time. :s22:

$285.90 SGD ($199 USD) after conversion excluding shipping to SG. Since you waited so long....maybe wait for another few more months for the Black Friday sale...

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah swee!
steady la! thanks for sharing your thoughts & for the Oasis pic...
Damn damn gian tio already :s22::s22::s22:

yup, oasis has the yellow screen so reading at night w/o bedroom light is good. paperwhite too bright sometimes..

oasis can get more words per page , so dun have to flip so often and if need to flip, just press harder with the thumb that is holding to the device. manga on oasis is way better too

when i switch back to paperwhite, the page flipping gets annoying cos is much more frequent and need to move finger n swipe lolx.

do note that oasis batt go down faster than paperwhite by a lot ( mobile read/reddits/forums got ppl complain before, so its known issue).

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah lao...it's a damn bloody bloody good deal sia :s12::s12::s12:

that time should have joined you already :s13::s13:

hannor...since waited so long already...might as well just hold on until end November then hoot on Black Friday sale (if any) already :o:o

save a bit $ also good! :s12:

$285.90 SGD ($199 USD) after conversion excluding shipping to SG. Since you waited so long....maybe wait for another few more months for the Black Friday sale...

Shadow79

Reaction score
Hi all, I read on Reddit that Kindle owners have been able to ask the CSO to remove the ads on their Kindle. I’m wondering if anyone manages to get theirs removed?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.