Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuMmYtUb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the kind of United performances we are more used to.

But seriously I hope we get Sancho.

Ole said the team needs to keep improving, but fell short of saying title challengers during press conference prior to match. Which is the right thing to say. So to improve, will be great to add Sancho into our ranks. :o

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Greenwood is sublime. Bruno and Pogba played well too.

Maguire.. kena lobang lol. And Bailly the usual self implode due to a bad backpass from Matic.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Watched the highlights. Can’t say much this match but from the other matches I watched, Greenwood is really good. He is more lethal than Rashford. More composed than Martial who is pretty composed. Think he will be our main impact star forward in the coming years.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester United star Anthony Martial looks like a ‘different human’ under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, says Rio Ferdinand

Rio Ferdinand has hailed Anthony Martial and says the Manchester United forward looks like a ‘different human’ under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Martial scored his 20th goal of the season as the Red Devils thumped Bournemouth 5-2 at Old Trafford on Saturday. With Manchester United already 2-1 up, the 24-year-old picked up the ball on the left flank and dribbled towards goal before cutting to his right and rifling a superb strike into the top corner.

Ferdinand said Martial’s goal was ‘unbelievable’ and insisted the Frenchman looked transformed under Solskjaer.

‘This was just magic,’ Ferdinand told BT Sport. ‘It had me off my seat.

‘I was screaming in the studio. He cuts in, takes a look and says “top bin, here you come”. It’s an unbelievable strike. ‘He looks like a different human, a different person.

He looks like he’s enjoying his football, he’s smiling again and feels confident.

‘There’s a passion inside of him now. This guy is a different character under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.’

Martial’s Manchester United team-mates Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes were also on target as the Red Devils thumped relegation-battlers Bournemouth.

Solskjaer’s side have now won four of their five games since lockdown as they look to finish the season on a high and secure Champions League qualification.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/04/rio-...an-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-12945266/?ito=cbshare

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great game that served to highlight what our next focus should be - getting more options in defence, especially central. While it looks stable now, I still don't feel at peace with VictorL and HarryM, and this has been since the start of the season. I think it has come to the point that even DavidDG doesn't know what to expect of them 2, and can't cover his angles properly. I don't agree that it's his concentration or a decline in his ability. He's not some lazy ass or prima donna player, that I'm pretty sure.

Our attacking department looks slick. Saw some quick short passing going on just outside the BOU box, something we didn't use to do often. Evidence there's some focus on the attacking side of things and players are executing it well. Defensively though... NemanjaM made a hash of that pass, and that's why I really dislike midfielders passing backwards when the opposing players are all in the same area. But the overall direction seems to be going forward nowadays, which is good.

So now we look forward to polling day, simply because we get a match to catch, and get to check out Jack Grealish again. I liked him from the first time I saw him in the season, though his size needs some working on. Another tidy player that looked decent was that Tod Cantwell player from Norwich. Wonder if there's any interest from the club for a player who might not cost all that much.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great match yesterday. Good to see the front 3 all scoring. Bruno is a beast, Pogba is quiet BUT very effective. The calmness of Matic sitting in front of the back 4 contributes to that.

But hopefully Ed or Ole won't see the rise of Greenwood and then shelf the plan to bring in a RW.

And Baily had a freak moment to give away the penalty, should have just let it go out for a corner.

Slabhead is really bobo.. World's most expensive defender but got nutmegged, during the buildup to the goal, both ** went for the same header and BOTH missed. DDG..... I think it's time to bring back Henderson to bring in some competition between the keepers.

Overall a good flow game, when Bournemouthscored the first goal, I thought that's it Liao, another dragging game with players going for a draw. This team has changed for the better and very exciting now to watch.

Hope the team can push on and not slack off and finish in top 4 so that Ole can push Ed to bring in reinforcements like a No.10 to ease pressure on Bruno, extend Pogba and sign Sancho, maybe a CDM and a RCB.

Hypernova

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester United star Anthony Martial looks like a ‘different human’ under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, says Rio Ferdinand

Rio Ferdinand has hailed Anthony Martial and says the Manchester United forward looks like a ‘different human’ under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Martial scored his 20th goal of the season as the Red Devils thumped Bournemouth 5-2 at Old Trafford on Saturday. With Manchester United already 2-1 up, the 24-year-old picked up the ball on the left flank and dribbled towards goal before cutting to his right and rifling a superb strike into the top corner.

Ferdinand said Martial’s goal was ‘unbelievable’ and insisted the Frenchman looked transformed under Solskjaer.

‘This was just magic,’ Ferdinand told BT Sport. ‘It had me off my seat.

‘I was screaming in the studio. He cuts in, takes a look and says “top bin, here you come”. It’s an unbelievable strike. ‘He looks like a different human, a different person.

He looks like he’s enjoying his football, he’s smiling again and feels confident.

‘There’s a passion inside of him now. This guy is a different character under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.’

Martial’s Manchester United team-mates Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes were also on target as the Red Devils thumped relegation-battlers Bournemouth.

Solskjaer’s side have now won four of their five games since lockdown as they look to finish the season on a high and secure Champions League qualification.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/04/rio-...an-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-12945266/?ito=cbshare

i think it has to do with the plethora of attacking players we have on the pitch. we have 5 players at least on the pitch who can score, rashford, martial, greenwood, fernandez, pogba. when there're so many players to beware of, defense would not have an easy time to pinpoint players to mark. previously i think we were all too careful only putting rashford and martial upfront at most, defenders only have to cut out pogba's link with them. now with fernandez in the fray and greenwood roaming in from deep it's like united of the past with many attacking talents till the point if 2 are marked the other 3 can still score.

all these would require our backline and holding midfield to be very strong or at least very certain of their role and ability. this is still out for verdict, our backline seems unsure at times. if we can get them to not be so leaky i think we could possibly return to the attractive attacking style that we all missed.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think it has to do with the plethora of attacking players we have on the pitch. we have 5 players at least on the pitch who can score, rashford, martial, greenwood, fernandez, pogba. when there're so many players to beware of, defense would not have an easy time to pinpoint players to mark. previously i think we were all too careful only putting rashford and martial upfront at most, defenders only have to cut out pogba's link with them. now with fernandez in the fray and greenwood roaming in from deep it's like united of the past with many attacking talents till the point if 2 are marked the other 3 can still score.

all these would require our backline and holding midfield to be very strong or at least very certain of their role and ability. this is still out for verdict, our backline seems unsure at times. if we can get them to not be so leaky i think we could possibly return to the attractive attacking style that we all missed.

Also, last time the players to supposedly supply the balls to Marsiao was Lingardinesta and Tiki Taka Legend. Now it is Bruno, the different in class is VERY apparent.

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
Another tidy player that looked decent was that Tod Cantwell player from Norwich. Wonder if there's any interest from the club for a player who might not cost all that much.

Nathan Ake. I like him. If Bou goes down we should try and get him. Like a warrior. **, rcb, DM all can.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nathan Ake. I like him. If Bou goes down we should try and get him. Like a warrior. **, rcb, DM all can.
Yup, he's not bad too, one of the better performers in his team but not really outstanding by a lot. A bit raw though.

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, he's not bad too, one of the better performers in his team but not really outstanding by a lot. A bit raw though.

He was an Ex-Chelsea Academy player and was prepared for big role after Terry retired but didnt happened.

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
He was an Ex-Chelsea Academy player and was prepared for big role after Terry retired but didnt happened.

Salah, KDB was also overlooked.
If relegated, not too exp, can la.
Like better than Fosu-mensah already. And also vocal n demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.