The Watch Thread - Part 16

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dropped the watch and some parts of the movement got dislodged. So it was a major repair. Maybe it's normal for a major repair to take a few months, but what irks me was the boutique had no clue what's going on with my watch, and there's no way i can check with the service center. Even the estimated date was way off.

I didn't have the striking hand problem that you have though.

The question will be are you going to keep the watch forever in your collection?

I am pretty sure the repair cost is going to be a few thousands, so if you are not holding it for that long...maybe not a good time to send for repair or just sell it away as it is.

carleon8

Reaction score
The question will be are you going to keep the watch forever in your collection?

I am pretty sure the repair cost is going to be a few thousands, so if you are not holding it for that long...maybe not a good time to send for repair or just sell it away as it is.
it's already repaired. yeah, the cost is pretty high, but i like the watch and i'm not looking to sell it.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of or has a Gorilla brand watch? Any comments on this brand?

VPuHLru.jpg

Someone paged for a Gorilla?

I think the watch is built well, design wise its loud and large la, no denying it. Good for weekend, definitely not something you wear in a formal office setting. Materials and the fact that AP's ex creative director is behind the company are the main reason why there's a premium. Not sure what else you want to know. I've had the Acid Green and Phantom Black version, like the latter a lot more because the layered case variation is very boring to me.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cant believe there are some models (Drift) which are over 4k! lol then again I rather get a tudor for that pricing :s22::s22:

Well, that's a wandering hours complication, and not the common one that microbrands are using, anyways.

But agree that pricing is premium. Then again, it depends on whether you like the watch enough!

eric5fong

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am trying to buy a nice watch for my wife, maybe not more than $1.3k. Have any recommendations? Shes not really a watch collector, so more concerned with the watch design rather than the movement or whatnot. TIA!

yukirin92

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am trying to buy a nice watch for my wife, maybe not more than $1.3k. Have any recommendations? Shes not really a watch collector, so more concerned with the watch design rather than the movement or whatnot. TIA!

I was looking for something in that price range for mine as well. Thought of going for a 35mm Longines Heritage, probably closer to 1.5k after discount.

https://www.longines.com/watches/heritage-collection/l1-611-4-75-2

eric5fong

Reaction score
I was looking for something in that price range for mine as well. Thought of going for a 35mm Longines Heritage, probably closer to 1.5k after discount.

https://www.longines.com/watches/heritage-collection/l1-611-4-75-2

Hmm did you ask about the price at the shop or did you see the online prices. I couldnt find any price indications for longines.

yukirin92

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm did you ask about the price at the shop or did you see the online prices. I couldnt find any price indications for longines.

It's 1750 RRP. I casually asked and the SA who I have no purchase history with quoted 10% discount off the bat, so shouldn't be too hard to get to 15% at least.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.