Ns NDU VA

nicklah

Reaction score
Hi , I just received a letter to report to Sembawang Camp for the NDU VA . I have a few qns and yall could help me with it

1. How do they select people for this NDU VA ? Cause im a PES B1 with a medical history , and personally im really small as compared to the other Singaporeans .
2. What will I be doing and what can I expect during this VA?
3. What are some perks of being a Naval Diver.
4. Any other information I ought to know about the NDU that could help?

Thankyouu :))

HEHE THANKUU :))

lifebearersan

Reaction score
u will become a prestige diver. If u can, i advise u sign on. Ur career will be sibei relax after ndu training.

1. size no issue. i have friends are those 165 cm. as long as no vision issue should be no prolem.

2 u will undergo testing to see if u have hearing issue or any other related issue to diving. if no issue = u confirm get selected.

3. Perks? U become fit, and girls will be attracted to u. If u do well, got chance to sign on. the batch pretty small each year so u will be elite and have close ties with ur friend and officers.

4. Better train ur running stamina and calisthenics and do about 15 pull up comfortably and run 10 min flat 2.4km , u should be able to take it easier.

If u are those cant do pull up type and cant run... prepare to suffer and be trained into one. i advise u faster train up fitness before u enlist to ndu.. life will be easier.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u will become a prestige diver. If u can, i advise u sign on. Ur career will be sibei relax after ndu training.

1. size no issue. i have friends are those 165 cm. as long as no vision issue should be no prolem.

2 u will undergo testing to see if u have hearing issue or any other related issue to diving. if no issue = u confirm get selected.

3. Perks? U become fit, and girls will be attracted to u. If u do well, got chance to sign on. the batch pretty small each year so u will be elite and have close ties with ur friend and officers.

4. Better train ur running stamina and calisthenics and do about 15 pull up comfortably and run 10 min flat 2.4km , u should be able to take it easier.

If u are those cant do pull up type and cant run... prepare to suffer and be trained into one. i advise u faster train up fitness before u enlist to ndu.. life will be easier.

What’s a “non prestige” diver?

2) why are you certain to be able to say “confirm get selected”?

3) if girls are attracted to him, are you going to be responsible for making that statement? One is only as elite as one makes themselves to be.

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi , I just received a letter to report to Sembawang Camp for the NDU VA . I have a few qns and yall could help me with it

1. How do they select people for this NDU VA ? Cause im a PES B1 with a medical history , and personally im really small as compared to the other Singaporeans .
2. What will I be doing and what can I expect during this VA?
3. What are some perks of being a Naval Diver.
4. Any other information I ought to know about the NDU that could help?

Thankyouu :))

HEHE THANKUU :))

There is a book in NLB titled "How to Forge a Frogman: A Recruit's Account of Basic Training in Singapore's Naval Diving Unit".

You can try to borrow it.

lifebearersan

Reaction score
What’s a “non prestige” diver?

2) why are you certain to be able to say “confirm get selected”?

3) if girls are attracted to him, are you going to be responsible for making that statement? One is only as elite as one makes themselves to be.

U are Ndu ooc isit ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.