Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SingTel prepaid port over to postpaid - which way to get it done and cheap

Want to port over to tpg... But cannot port over prepaid

Got other way? As cheap as possible

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SingTel Prepaid -> SingTel SIM-Only NO contract (may need to pay not only base sub of $20/mth, need to pay $48.15 SIM Card + Registration) -> TPG

SingTel Prepaid -> StarHub Prepaid (pay $8, try to drain all the balances) -> StarHub SIM Only (just base sub, no SIM Card and registration cost) -> TPG

But the biggest question is, is your SingTel Prepaid hi!Card the only line? If yes, do note that TPG haven't cover some places, like train tunnels and maybe some underground.

comex_1

Reaction score
SingTel Prepaid -> SingTel SIM-Only NO contract (may need to pay not only base sub of $20/mth, need to pay $48.15 SIM Card + Registration) -> TPG

SingTel Prepaid -> StarHub Prepaid (pay $8, try to drain all the balances) -> StarHub SIM Only (just base sub, no SIM Card and registration cost) -> TPG

But the biggest question is, is your SingTel Prepaid hi!Card the only line? If yes, do note that TPG haven't cover some places, like train tunnels and maybe some underground.

if need to retain the prepaid Number and cover those place that TPG is not ready, just use dual SIM phone. one for prepaid and one for TPG, the best combination.

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SingTel prepaid port over to postpaid - which way to get it done and cheap

Want to port over to tpg... But cannot port over prepaid

Got other way? As cheap as possible

IMHO.
You may want to take into consideration if TPG roaming serves your needs.
Once you port over to postpaid, I don't think you can do the reverse.
My understanding is that one can port prepaid to another telco prepaid.
For myself, ideally, would be a prepaid with good roaming options for 1st SIM and TPG as 2nd SIM.

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually for data for scanning of those dumb qrcode and WhatsApp

Let's assume 2gb a month

Actually prepaid or postpaid cheaper?

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Let's assume 2gb a month

IMHO.
If don't make calls, double prepaid should be cheaper.
The $15 M Card, got about 4GB over 3 months.
QRCode and Whatsapp don't use much data unless Whatsapp Voice.

$15 M Card
- $15 Main Balance
- Free 4GB 120 days
- Promo: Free 4GB (valid 30 days)
- 180 days validity

Could be other options out there.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Let's assume 2gb a month

Postpaid. Cos the SIM-Only war made 3GB-6GB plans already at $10 or less per month. VIVIFI Lite (3GB), redONE Amazing8 (3GB), Giga 5GB (5GB), MyRepublic Lite (6GB), TPG 50GB SIM Only (50GB).
On prepaid, 1GB 30 day plan is alr $10/month. No talktime, no SMS bundle etc.

Of course, if you take advantage of port in promos on SingTel and M1 Prepaid, your actual payment of $10/mth will be reduced significantly. But it depends whether you want to plan for all these or not, which can be quite tedious.

rinoayuna

Reaction score
Will they charge if SingTel prepaid > Gomo ?

As fair as I know, on Gomo website they said can switch over for free (besides paying $20 upfront for Gomo). I just did it in May this year.

Singtel Prepaid to Singtel Postpaid - FOC and then to Gomo ($20/$30 plan)

Just go to a Singtel store and tell them you have a Singtel Prepaid card and want to switch to Gomo, they will give you a Singtel Postpaid sim only starter pack (valid for one month) for free. Just have to switch over by signing up on Gomo before the expiry of the credits.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As fair as I know, on Gomo website they said can switch over for free (besides paying $20 upfront for Gomo). I just did it in May this year.

Singtel Prepaid to Singtel Postpaid - FOC and then to Gomo ($20/$30 plan)

Just go to a Singtel store and tell them you have a Singtel Prepaid card and want to switch to Gomo, they will give you a Singtel Postpaid sim only starter pack (valid for one month) for free. Just have to switch over by signing up on Gomo before the expiry of the credits.

What the starter pack includes? And FOC is referring to both the SingTel SIM-only registration / SIM card charges and the subscription fees?

Last edited:

Byfrost

Reaction score
What the starter pack includes? And FOC is referring to both the SingTel SIM-only registration / SIM card charges and the subscription fees?

The Singtel starter pack SIM only is the base no contract SIM only plan. $20 monthly, 3GB, 0 sms, 0 mins. Nothing else.

Yihaoong

Reaction score
You can port out the next day

However you will need to pay for how many days u use the starter pack.

The Singtel starter pack SIM only is the base no contract SIM only plan. $20 monthly, 3GB, 0 sms, 0 mins. Nothing else.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Oh, they waived off the $48.15 SIM Card and Registration costs on that plan. The first month for ST Prepaid upgrade is free too, or need to pay for 1 bill cycle?

Last edited:

Yihaoong

Reaction score
Last year done it before.

Free sim free registration

Only pay for how many days u park your number at singtel postpaid.

Huh so is it free for first month, as long as you port out by the end, or need to pay?? So confusing!

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Still have 30GB for $25 with 1000min talktime 500 sms and 12 mth free caller id

rinoayuna

Reaction score
Last year done it before.

Free sim free registration

Only pay for how many days u park your number at singtel postpaid.

Hmm I suggest you guys just go directly to Singtel Store and check with them since they are the ones who are doing this. I checked with the Singtel store staff there whether I needed to pay for using the starter sim and he said no charge as long as I port over within the 1 month grace period. I didn't pay for the starter sim pack at all and I ported over to Gomo about 3 weeks later, the only thing I paid for was the plan I signed up for on Gomo website. The Singtel invoice which was emailed to me showed the bill was $0.

rinoayuna

Reaction score

The starter park SIM I was given was the $20 one but it included 3GB, 500 SMS and 150 mins and free incoming calls, all valid for one month.

muddywaters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SingTel Prepaid -> StarHub Prepaid (pay $8, try to drain all the balances) -> StarHub SIM Only (just base sub, no SIM Card and registration cost)

Singtel Prepaid can convert to Starhub Prepaid?

Am I reading this correctly?

Has anybody else done this also ?

Asy1um

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm I suggest you guys just go directly to Singtel Store and check with them since they are the ones who are doing this. I checked with the Singtel store staff there whether I needed to pay for using the starter sim and he said no charge as long as I port over within the 1 month grace period. I didn't pay for the starter sim pack at all and I ported over to Gomo about 3 weeks later, the only thing I paid for was the plan I signed up for on Gomo website. The Singtel invoice which was emailed to me showed the bill was $0.

i have similar situation, wanted gomo. Existing plan was from starhub and singtel staff advised to port to singtel first with starter kit and then asap apply for gomo within the month.
But right now i received billing for cancellation?? Went to same physical store but was told the staff wasnt around that day and no one can assist other than him. This is so frustrating.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.