[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor old man

Suspended
Reaction score
Actually will be most ideal if can let it stay in same tank, get used to the same water parameters. So the trick is either have lots of hiding place or get breeding box

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Noted .. will look into Breeding box . The babies behin to eat liao . Thks

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noted .. will look into Breeding box . The babies behin to eat liao . Thks
What did you feed them with so far?

Anyway, breeding box can be quite mafan, especially since your tank is not that big. If you get a small breeding box put the pregnant in, I worry she may stress out trapped in the small breeding box.

Last edited:

Poor old man

Suspended
Reaction score
What did you feed them with so far?

Anyway, breeding box can be quite mafan, especially since your tank is not that big. If you get a small breeding box put the pregnant in, I worry she may stress out trapped in the small breeding box.

Recommanded by PolyArt to feed Aquafin 3 flake , really they like it .. big pcs a few mouth settle liao šŸ˜
Maybe l shall get a bigger tank . Thks fr sharing ..

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recommanded by PolyArt to feed Aquafin 3 flake , really they like it .. big pcs a few mouth settle liao �
Maybe l shall get a bigger tank . Thks fr sharing ..
Lucky your fries eat. Previously what I did was use flake too, but I will use fingers crush till powder form then sprinkle in. Tried egg yolk before too, but is hard to handle because it makes the water dirty...

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask you guys for experience.

I have a small glass jar which I filled 1/4 with small pebbles, some anacharis, few snails and 1 male guppy. The jar is usually sealed. Everything has been fine for past few months until yesterday I noticed the guppy suddenly looks very fat and one side of the body looks abrasive (it wasnt like this previous day). This morning found it dead in the water, so i quickly too him out.

My qns is. Given that the fish could have been ill and died in the container. If I don't change this water, leave it sealed for say 2 weeks. Is there any possibility of the bacteria (that killed the guppy) still existing in the water? I was thinking to let the container self sustain with snails for 2 weeks, then add in new guppy.

Whats your opinion?

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pls do water change. If not possible, pls have daily morning sunlight to kill off the germs and bacteria :o

I previously did have 2 fighting fish in only 300ml of qian hu plastic fish container for each betta :o

I remove its poop daily and then only top up abit water that's lost due to poop siphoning, no water change at all. :o

The one with morning sunlight did very well and still healthy till this day. The one with no morning sunlight fall sick and die soon after. :o

perrinrahl

Reaction score

I have a small glass jar which I filled 1/4 with small pebbles, some anacharis, few snails and 1 male guppy. The jar is usually sealed. Everything has been fine for past few months until yesterday I noticed the guppy suddenly looks very fat and one side of the body looks abrasive (it wasnt like this previous day). This morning found it dead in the water, so i quickly too him out.

Dropsy? It's often due to poor water quality, which causes a bacterial infection. The balance in your micro tank may not be right.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My qns is. Given that the fish could have been ill and died in the container. If I don't change this water, leave it sealed for say 2 weeks. Is there any possibility of the bacteria (that killed the guppy) still existing in the water? I was thinking to let the container self sustain with snails for 2 weeks, then add in new guppy.

Whats your opinion?

Do suck the pebbles for guppy waste

Rock_Lobster

Reaction score
Can squeeze this kind of bar table over your study table? Then can cater for bigger tank :D

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=597103597835&spm=a1z0k.7386009.0.d4919233.5f574b14mVHF2l&_u=t2dmg8j26111&skuId=4156391993022

Or small & slim rack, akan datang for me: :D
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0k.7386009.0.d4919233.6f564b14jfKco7&id=540288794932&_u=t2dmg8j26111

When there's a will, there's a way :s12:

Thanks for the advice, I think I shall take this opportunity to re-design my room and get new furniture to fit a bigger tank. I am still leaning towards the DOOA Neo Glass Air but this time the biggest(?) one they have @ 30x30x45. But I find that keeping shrimps in a wider but shorter tank would look nicer.... :(

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
30/30/45
Much better than those nano

Take note of placement of things I mentioned earlier

Inlet outlet water flow
Need surface agitation ?

Most important a good symphony and Pail

Rock_Lobster

Reaction score
30/30/45
Much better than those nano

Take note of placement of things I mentioned earlier

Inlet outlet water flow
Need surface agitation ?

Most important a good symphony and Pail

Thank you, seems like there is a lot of things I need to consider... :o

will slowly start looking around for tanks and scaping inspo. The side table I will be putting this tank on is 80x50cm so anything smaller than that is okay but I wouldnt want to go too big. 5-10g.

I see a lot of people on insta use ADA tank, is it actually worth the premium? I saw their 30x30x30 cube is $140. Any tank brands you would recommend me to check out?

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you, seems like there is a lot of things I need to consider... :o

will slowly start looking around for tanks and scaping inspo. The side table I will be putting this tank on is 80x50cm so anything smaller than that is okay but I wouldnt want to go too big. 5-10g.

I see a lot of people on insta use ADA tank, is it actually worth the premium? I saw their 30x30x30 cube is $140. Any tank brands you would recommend me to check out?

beginner just stick with normal crystal one first...?

neanea

Master Member
Reaction score
I keep getting hair algae where i need to throw all my plants. Any way to get raid of hair algae?

Rock_Lobster

Reaction score
beginner just stick with normal crystal one first...?

So I just get a random one from a local fish shop to test out first ah?

Which equipment would you recommend to spend 1 time good one? Or all should get cheap cheap one then upgrade in the future?

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Which equipment would you recommend to spend 1 time good one? Or all should get cheap cheap one then upgrade in the future?

U buy 1 crystal tank 140 already can fit a normal tank with all the bells and whistles.

Imo u should use lesser money first to explore the hobby, then after awhile if you think u like it, not too late to go big, then the stuff u originally buy ( like the pump) can be used as spares in case spoil anyway

Also the size tank u buy do make sure your table can handle the weight yo.

If I were u I would go carousel or fb pages buy second hand

Last edited:

Rock_Lobster

Reaction score
U buy 1 crystal tank 140 already can fit a normal tank with all the bells and whistles.

Imo u should use lesser money first to explore the hobby, then after awhile if you think u like it, not too late to go big, then the stuff u originally buy ( like the pump) can be used as spares in case spoil anyway

Also the size tank u buy do make sure your table can handle the weight yo.

If I were u I would go carousel or fb pages buy second hand

Solid advice, thank you very much. My Ikea shelf only can hold 50kg max so that'll be my limit.

when you say Crystal tank, "crystal" is like a grade of the glass used to make the tank?

Looks like going budget first to ensure I'll stay in the hobby then ball afterwards when I confirm the size of the tank, the type of scape I wanna do, the species I would like the keep is the way to go :s13:

Any FB page to recommend?

Poor old man

Suspended
Reaction score

me newbie .. bought cheapo plastic tank at q0010 for $32 w filter . May upgrade to glass tank if my Guppies survive for 1 year .. haha

Rock_Lobster

Reaction score
me newbie .. bought cheapo plastic tank at q0010 for $32 w filter . May upgrade to glass tank if my Guppies survive for 1 year .. haha

Last time in my current 5g tank, I had a few guppies inside, then my bro introduced a fish that was the size of 2 guppies. That fish very aggro then kill all my guppies :( I was berri happy that they survived for 1 year then the fire nation attacked. So be careful on what other fish u add inside :s22:

I think I might head down to clementi and see if the price of a 7-10g shallow tank is okay a not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.