[OFFICIAL] Google Pixel 4 / 4 XL

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the bug for face unlock is still there? Like for pixel 4 once you try Android 11 beta, then if you roll back to more recent Android 10 patches face unlock wouldn't work? Or did they fix that already?

So far no issue with face unlock...

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guess using light-colored surgical mask and not those thick fabric ones. Needs to fit the face swee swee, machiam part of the face, then will be able to unlock. So it's a hit or miss kinda thing.

I tried the face once with a mask.

Cannot unlock without a mask.

Deleted the face data and decided to use face unlock without mask.

JustBored

Reaction score
Ordered pixel buds! Finally geez.
$30 for fabric case, looks good/tempting. Shipping cost $16 though, ffs.

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’ve both Pixel 4 XL and iPhone 11 Pro and I find myself liking the iPhone’s camera more for Night Mode, which Pixel phones used to dominate in.

Read today that with iOS14, iPhones will also start taking better photos of moving subjects, which is another thing Pixel traditionally dominates in.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/07/13/ios-14-seven-ways-iphone-is-improving-as-a-camera/

If this is true and if iPhones can also take moving subjects on par with Pixel phones, I’m not sure what else is there for Pixel already..The videos not even comparable and there’s also no more free unlimited upload at original quality to Google Photos...

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’ve both Pixel 4 XL and iPhone 11 Pro and I find myself liking the iPhone’s camera more for Night Mode, which Pixel phones used to dominate in.

Read today that with iOS14, iPhones will also start taking better photos of moving subjects, which is another thing Pixel traditionally dominates in.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/07/13/ios-14-seven-ways-iphone-is-improving-as-a-camera/

If this is true and if iPhones can also take moving subjects on par with Pixel phones, I’m not sure what else is there for Pixel already..The videos not even comparable and there’s also no more free unlimited upload at original quality to Google Photos...

Hope these will drive google and motivate them to achieve better next time bah

joeidle1

Reaction score
Yup, iphone camera has surpass pixel 4's.

But android > ios!

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody's pixel voice match got reset or something? Suddenly had a prompt to ask me setup voice match for hey google activation but I set it up long ago. Tried to activate using hey google but doesnt work. Apparently got reset or something & had to redo.

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody's pixel voice match got reset or something? Suddenly had a prompt to ask me setup voice match for hey google activation but I set it up long ago. Tried to activate using hey google but doesnt work. Apparently got reset or something & had to redo.

Was prompted but hey google still works.

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some Google Pixel 4 XL owners are reporting back-glass peeling issues

:eek:
Pixel-4-rear-glass-back-peel.gif

JustBored

Reaction score
Anybody want to get fabric case from google store? 30sgd for one, but can't get free shipping for only 1. :/

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had to redo the whole setup again. It seems they changed the setup to getting users read out certain phrases instead of the older setup process.

Ya loh. I also discovered if GA hears different voices (especially watching YT when someone say "ok/hey googel", it might trigger to re-learn our voices (maybe security-wise) to make sure it is you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.