Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

WatCult

Reaction score
yes, tradesk is selling 630 for classic without headrest, and 730 for classic with headrest. and my colleague just bought his elite plus from courts at $780+ last week (20% off) you can do the math which is worth it :s22:

Wah ... the markup really high. Courts still can give 20% discount. Unless you want to get from China. Including shipping don't think will go pass $500.

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, tradesk is selling 630 for classic without headrest, and 730 for classic with headrest. and my colleague just bought his elite plus from courts at $780+ last week (20% off) you can do the math which is worth it :s22:

Maybe I forgot the price from Tradesk. But the price difference Tradesk still cheaper. But I went down to their office and the boss actually taught me on how to sit properly and how to maximise the chair. This itself warrants me buying from him :s13:

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links 🙏
Expensive.. 😐 for me at least..

Not sure promotion is still on, got it around 50% discounts... u can ask for a quote first... may get a second one to replace the 2m long ikea linnmon which starts to warp during ** :s22:

Rock_Lobster

Reaction score
Wah excited liao, my Fern coming 5th Aug :s13::s13:

Not sure promotion is still on, got it around 50% discounts... u can ask for a quote first... may get a second one to replace the 2m long ikea linnmon which starts to warp during ** :s22:

You never put anything in the middle to support the table? I installed a metal square rod on my Ikea Karlby cause scared sag :s22:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jNmNa90h.jpg

Is that Keychron K4 keyboard? How do you find it?

Rock_Lobster

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Haworth Aloha Easy when they went down to the showroom?

Friend is looking to get a budget chair but the 3 IKEA models (Markus, JÄRVFJÄLLET and HATTEFJÄLL) feels like they have more cons than pros. The JÄRVFJÄLLET seems like the best option out of the 3 but not being able to adjust the tension of the back tilt + the narrow backrest makes it not very comfortable. There is also the useless armrest...

The Aloha easy seems to be similarly priced to the JÄRVFJÄLLET & HATTEFJÄLL however it only has a 5year warranty as compared to IKEA's 10 year.

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah excited liao, my Fern coming 5th Aug :s13::s13:
You never put anything in the middle to support the table? I installed a metal square rod on my Ikea Karlby cause scared sag :s22:

All installed by Ikea with a middle rod, but the back start to sag when I replace my old dell ultra 24" with 2xLG 32" 4k, the arm also start to lean forward... guess covid is the final straw that breaks the camel back... :s13:

Watch youtube video, this linnmon is a lemon inside all paper honey comb... regret giving away the bekant :s13:

pacificstorm

Reaction score
More than 1 month liao still trying to find evidence to say things about shopee aerons...

Anyway, anyone have tried both Hr03 and atlas which is the better one?

Khooyj

Reaction score
I bought a Ergohuman Classic full mesh. Wanna share some experience here.

There is another distributor that is selling the original Ergohuman at a much more discounted price compared to the one u can find from the official ergohuman singapore website located in Tampines

PM me if you are interested because i believe i should not be advertising openly here.

I bought the brand new classic version with head rest at $730. Without Head Rest is $630. 5 Years warranty that does not include wear and tear.

Pictures here
photo-2020-06-19-01-03-13-2.jpg

photo-2020-06-19-01-03-13.jpg

More pics inside
photo-2020-06-19-01-03-14.jpg

photo-2020-06-19-01-03-16.jpg

photo-2020-06-19-01-03-14-2.jpg

Was invited over to the showroom to test out a few ergohuman chairs they carry. Its a very small cozy space and there is an old Aeron version for comparison. So if Aeron is the 'benchmark', you can easily side by side compare them there.

The boss is a very friendly well spoken uncle that explains himself clearly and also teaches you about the right sitting posture. He does not hard sell and points out each chair's pros and cons for you to decide yourself. He also recommends some sitting posture that is correct and healthy for your spine.

I bought the Ergohuman on the spot as it fits my budget and is at the comfort level i was looking for.

After sitting on the Chair over the weekend i will share some personal simple short opinion.

Mesh Comfort - Definitely lose to Aeron that i tested there but hey, its 2.5 times the price.... The Mesh on the Ergohuman is soft and decently smooth so when my leg comes in direct contact with the mesh it doesnt feel rough and uncomfortable. 7.5/10

Lumbar/back Support - I really like the lumber support on the Ergohuman. I like the back support and comfort better than the Aeron. 9/10 here.

Head Rest - Nothing much to say. Normal height n angle adjustment. Comfy mesh to rest ur head. 8/10

Arm Rest - Good 4D adjustment. Abit wobbly but not much of an issue. Decent comfort and softness level is on a harder side. Aeron has softer arm rest. 7.5/10

Build quality - Very sturdy with no weird sound or wobbly parts. Aluminium back n base provides a solid feeling to the overall experience sitting on this chair. Caster has low rolling resistance. Push abit you can easily move the chair. But when i am sitting down the chair is solid rooted to the ground without moving. Chair is still new so only time will tell its real build quality. As of now, 9/10

Hope the above helps anyone who is looking for a full mesh chair with a budget of $500-700 :)

Good look, planning to test it out as well

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not me. I saying the same guy still going all out to find evidence against shopee lol. U know who.

Now I got my chair so need to find the right headrest

the shopee guy must have stepped on his toes so hard for him to go all out.

illumnae

Reaction score
Haggle with the Courts sales person, you can sometimes get lower prices.

Thank you, didn't know can discount further as $998 was already sale price. Do you know if your friend's 20% discount was a Courts discount (they are now running a 10+20+30% off sale) or he actually managed to haggle off 20%?

I'm reconsidering getting an Ergohuman due to my back issues as it seems that this brand is specifically designed for back problems while Herman Miller is just for general comfort. Can buy 4 Ergohuman for the price of 1 HM (including headrest) also, so change every 3 years can make up the 12 year warranty.

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To the aerons remastered owners here,

is it normal for the aeron seat pan to wiggle a little?

Wiggle left to right or front to back? There’s definitely a little give for front to back movement even if you locked tilt. But I’ve not had left to right shifts.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.