LG vs Samsung LED TV (Same Price) = Which Brand More Durable ?

Reaction score
so between LG and Samsung LED TV............the budget models (up to $500)..........

which brand more durable ?.........performance is secondary..........

coey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My samsung 48 start flickering after 5 years of usage

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$500 tv can survive 1 yr after warranty u earn liao lah

Reaction score
$500 tv can survive 1 yr after warranty u earn liao lah

aiyoh................hoping to get one that can last 5 years minimum leh........

10 years lagi better..........:s13:

so i reckon Samsung should be more durable than LG ?.........:s11:

i know LG fridges are better though.........

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aiyoh................hoping to get one that can last 5 years minimum leh........

10 years lagi better..........:s13:

so i reckon Samsung should be more durable than LG ?.........:s11:

i know LG fridges are better though.........

I have both LG and Samsung. Both equally good. If you use the smart function often, LG interface seem easier to use.

htancl

Reaction score
Just bought the 65Q95T QLED. Watching in the Living room with some sunlight, so prefer something brighter and less reflective. Hope I made the right choice.

Something that won me is also the no gap wall mount. LG OLED will look good on desktop stand, but wall mount will have bigger gap.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Samsung D series TV from 2011 was still working normally in end-2019, when I changed to Samsung RU series last November.

LG OLED TV - my aunt's one from 2017 spoilt just after 3 years warranty expired. :s22:

Reaction score
My Samsung D series TV from 2011 was still working normally in end-2019, when I changed to Samsung RU series last November.

LG OLED TV - my aunt's one from 2017 spoilt just after 3 years warranty expired. :s22:

7-8 years of service.........little daily use perhaps ?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
many thanks..................so both roughly the same with regards to durability ?

Both my TV still works fine. Durability is hard to say for electronics devices.
Anyway, if you buy low-mid range product. I believe the panel is not LG or Samsung original.
Eg, for by LG TV, I opened it up before and google the model of panel. Is some LG OEM factory in China. It was one of the 2nd or top model 6 years back.

Important is you like the design and satisfy with the picture quality.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought the 65Q95T QLED. Watching in the Living room with some sunlight, so prefer something brighter and less reflective. Hope I made the right choice.

Something that won me is also the no gap wall mount. LG OLED will look good on desktop stand, but wall mount will have bigger gap.

If your TV is at bright light area especially sunlight. QLED is the way to go. Q95T is a very nice TV. You will enjoy it.

Reaction score
Both my TV still works fine. Durability is hard to say for electronics devices.
Anyway, if you buy low-mid range product. I believe the panel is not LG or Samsung original.
Eg, for by LG TV, I opened it up before and google the model of panel. Is some LG OEM factory in China. It was one of the 2nd or top model 6 years back.

Important is you like the design and satisfy with the picture quality.

roger.............roger............:D

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My LG 3D TV purchased in 2012 still working, repaired once 5 years back when it was still under warranty.

Sony TV purchased in 2011 also still working today, repair once before but can't rmb when.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Reaction score
I would say average about 2-4 hours a day. Longer hours over weekend while 1-2 hrs on weekdays.

My LG 3D TV purchased in 2012 still working, repaired once 5 years back when it was still under warranty.

Sony TV purchased in 2011 also still working today, repair once before but can't rmb when.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

many thanks for the feedback........:):)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.