Do Cables MAtter and other related chat

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully one day manufacturers can make a neutral speaker and amp combo that let's u replicate the sound signatures of all iconic speakers in history.

You won't want it. Because it will become what pple called too clinical, too analytical. Then it becomes tiring to listen to. Its better more analysing flaws in recording rather than enjoy music.

Getting every detail out of the CD may not be the best. Because of flaws in playing. Nothing is perfect, not even instruments. So, too much detail can become noise. Eg. the sound made by closing and opening of lips. The breathing....minute details..... at first, you will shiok can listen so much details... After some time.... cannot tahan, its distracting.

Thats why many pple still like tube amps. THD is higher than tansistor, not as detailed too, but its just so sweet to the ears.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the lesson we should learn here is to not let some ill mannered fan of audio science spoil the reputation of audio science in general and blind us to its valuable ideas.

Yah man, bad bad ill mannered fan! So bad!

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
I think u missed what I said about the ability to replicate any sound signature. Like food flavourings nowadays can replicate the taste of different fruits without the actual fruit itself. Now that is science.

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone want to loan me some $XXX - $XXXX level of cables?

Before we even talk about cables, how about do a 3D map of some music first? I am sure you have some music you listen to often. Then the characteristic of the sound on your system and how it relates to the map.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Mathematicians are the true scientists. They will be able to come up with algorithms or whatver to replicate tube sound horn sound or whatever people like.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
Before we even talk about cables, how about do a 3D map of some music first? I am sure you have some music you listen to often. Then the characteristic of the sound on your system and how it relates to the map.

I already got REW to play with, you're sponsoring some software for testing?

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Don't waste time with fake audio science people lah Clearnfc. U will learn absolutely nothing from him. He is no wwenze. So stop treating him like he represents audio science. It will be misleading for other noobs.

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
Nah, no realtime 3d spectrogram. Does have a 2d realtime analyser (RTA).

I think 2D still possible. What if plot amplitude over time? Then we can at least see the shape of peaks and the gradient. Frequency can perhaps be determined by the wavelength. Not very accurate but at least still something.

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
Don't waste time with fake audio science people lah Clearnfc. U will learn absolutely nothing from him. He is no wwenze. So stop treating him like he represents audio science. It will be misleading for other noobs.

Haha. But I think it will still be good if he does some testing. The key is time. How it varies with time. I believe this where we will see the difference.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha. But I think it will still be good if he does some testing. The key is time. How it varies with time. I believe this where we will see the difference.

Did post REW before last time, but not how it varies over time.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/128205220-post11.html

lol, if you believe you will see the difference, then you'll need to actually find a software and test and show everyone. I'm not the one making claims that cables are very different sonically.

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too many noise...

Repeatability issue...

With almost infinite of data ... U wouldn't come out a convincing answer

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
I think not worth it to see his ego bouncing off the walls at every turn

Ok, now i can understand..... Me really wasting my time.... Talk till got dragon got tiger and now ask me to test. Might as well not start this thread.

Last edited:

reno77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can start the ball rolling. $50bucks, patreon for HWZ audio community.

I can chip in a $30 ..so total $80 now :)

Edit: Actually you can get the free basic version, and add on the pro tools set to try free for 1 week.

Last edited:

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
Too many noise...

Repeatability issue...

With almost infinite of data ... U wouldn't come out a convincing answer

I think still can. Because, if you can hear a difference, it means the sound produced is alot louder than noise.

Software usually can record background noise and filter it out from the actual sound.

Repeat, maybe have to focus on small sections of a music as a start. Eg 1-2sec segment. The. Play over and over to get an average.

Change 1 parameter (speaker, amp, cable etc..) then play it over and over again get an average. Then compare the difference.

I believe a pattern will emerge. The. We can perhaps see what is characteristics of the sound.

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
Did post REW before last time, but not how it varies over time.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/128205220-post11.html

lol, if you believe you will see the difference, then you'll need to actually find a software and test and show everyone. I'm not the one making claims that cables are very different sonically.

Remember the youtube video about the cable test?? Very long and very short cable one?? The simple act of coiling up the cables make a difference (comments below also mentioned it) Because the cables become an air core inductor when its coiled up.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.