View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
hmsweethm
Supremacy Member

Hi all

I'm looking for a Media Player box to play videos from External HDD to a non smart TV.

My parents are currently using a 2012 WD TV box but it finally failed after so many years.

The home TV is NOT a smart TV, so no WI-FI / Apps / Netflix enabled, just a basic HD 1080P Philips TV with 2 HDMI ports (and some other ports).

Would appreciate if you guys can recommend some cheap media player, and preferably able to buy locally in stores (for warranty purposes). As long as there is 1 USB port to plug in a external HDD and comes with a remote, good enough. Basic, no need Android or any special function.

I tried to google the same brands like WD but it seems like they're not making these devices anymore.

Thanks in advance!
Buy nvidia shield pro.
Non pro no USB connection for external hdd.
Shield pro is a very high performance 4k player.
I tried before take ripped 50gb high hitrate movie put inside thumbdrive and go to test on many android boxes. All cannot play due to lots of buffering.
I havenít personally tried on shield pro. But I googled and many overseas Angmo users claim ok.
If u can find any hand oppo will be good too.

But itís not cheap. Around $400.
If your movies are non 4k high bitrate then I think any $100 android boxes can do.
Caurosell got many people selling.
I went with my USB with a movie and went to the place to try.

Last edited by hmsweethm; 17-07-2020 at 08:00 PM..
hmsweethm is offline   Reply With Quote