Feedback on PMP course centre

hoboonhua

Reaction score
Anyone took NCIF funded PMP? You are required to take assessment after the last day of the course which includes oral, and written tests... how difficult is that? How can govt expect u to pass this assessment on the fifth day?

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone took NCIF funded PMP? You are required to take assessment after the last day of the course which includes oral, and written tests... how difficult is that? How can govt expect u to pass this assessment on the fifth day?

if the way the course is conducted like the other NCIF courses, the tests on the last day are just there for audit. To show that you guys really have attended the course and learnt something related out of the course,rather than like just sign up, never go, then claim the money for nothing. As long as you just write something related or put in some effort, is 100% pass one, because is not the real PMP exam.

hoboonhua

Reaction score
No wrong. I just completed my ITIL course and took the assessment. There are role play and 10 oral questions from the course work. The trainer said need to pass all the 10 questions to pass the assessment. Even if you got 9/10 questions u are still considered failed, and need to retake the assessment.

I feel these actually add more stress than having any real benefits.

if the way the course is conducted like the other NCIF courses, the tests on the last day are just there for audit. To show that you guys really have attended the course and learnt something related out of the course,rather than like just sign up, never go, then claim the money for nothing. As long as you just write something related or put in some effort, is 100% pass one, because is not the real PMP exam.

hoboonhua

Reaction score
I just found out the assessment consists of oral questions on course work, 1 case study and some written works. U need to score 100% on the 5th day to pass this competency assessment. What is the govt thinking... really? Adding burden and stress to us...

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone passed pmp? How do you study and prepare for the exam? Thanks

use guide book (google rita), study, use practise qns.

if get wrg, go read up why wrg and memorise by hard

repeat the whole process again for every sector

almightyad

Reaction score
NICF - Project Management Professional (PMP)®

Hi all,

Just want to ask anyone tried the following course from different training providers?

Which one is good? Couldn't find anything about trainer on NTUC learning hub course. The testimony on Comat one seems like an advertisement.

And do you think the course is suitable for IT personnel in project management sector too?

https://www.comat.com.sg/Courses/In...ect-Management-Professional-PMP-Certification

https://courses.ntuclearninghub.com...rams/nicf-project-management-professional-pmp

Thanks for your time.

impedance

Reaction score
I attended the one at NTUC learning hub. The trainer is good and he is a very experienced PM with a lot of years of experience. He taught quite well but still at the end of the day, you still have a lot of learning to do on your own. Because the 5 days course is there to help you kick start.

flatoe

Reaction score
I attended the one at NTUC learning hub. The trainer is good and he is a very experienced PM with a lot of years of experience. He taught quite well but still at the end of the day, you still have a lot of learning to do on your own. Because the 5 days course is there to help you kick start.
I m thinking enrolling at NTUC for the PMP course but does it really help in anyway for your career?

Frankliu

Reaction score
After the course, you still have to do some Mock Test which will greatly help you to find your weak area. This is my real experiences. I just pass my Exam few days ago with 5A result.

Cheers everyone.

C_boliao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, is pmp only useful or more suitable for people in IT sector? I'm from facilities management. Not sure if it's good to have for future job hunting.

BTW, I have shorted 3 school, combat, ntuc, Singapore poly.

I like sp as they seems to cater for tips n exam prep n mock exams. But they don't arrange for exams. Might give it a miss.

Any feedback on ntuc n combat? Do we need to do any course work during the five days? I read that we need to do a test on the last day right?

As for the exam fees, you can only pay for the exam after the course right?

The Sinkie

Reaction score
Passed my exam yesterday,and below are my exam experience;

Calculation - they are pretty straight forward, need to know how to calculate free float, earned value, payback period and expected monetary calculations. Memorize those formulas.
Conflict methods - know the different types of conflict technique, able to analyze base on different scenarios
Know the power of PM - formal, reward, penalty, expert etc
Alot of questions will be tested based on knowledge areas and their input/output, tools and technique, know when to apply which type of tools and techniques - again, depend on the questions scenario
There has been alot of questions coming out from Quality Management and Professional and social responsibility. Understand what PM should do base on code of ethics from PMI are important as well.
A number of questions asked about types of organization - projectized, functional and matrix (strong and weak)

Study method:
Know your gaps
Understand the tools and techniques use
Understand the input/output of each process
Know what are the types of constraints - scope, time, cost
Know how to do calculations
Strongly recomemmend on Rita's book
Definition of earned value measurement (All)

Thanks for sharing

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found a cheap way to get 60pdu for renewal. No quiz no exam and is PMI accredited.

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys prefer Physical or Virtual classroom? Looking ard for PMP during Aug 2020.

I wondering... Can video record over the Virtual Classroom? Will this work better than the physical?

Thanks.

xiaotheng

Reaction score
now most of the training can run in physical mode liao, classroom training is more interactive

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.