Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Hi Guys, recently my settop box (free from gov) their saved channels will disappeared when I turn on the power. i hv to re-scan everytime when i power on. is it gg already ?

Previously I also have a similar problem. I reset my set top box and everything's back to normal.

suuhhc

Reaction score
Just now was showing Jumanji on channel 5 and I wanted to record but couldn't as it said my USB speed is too low. But during advertisement I tried to record and can record successfully. How come?
I also got this message occasionally in the past, it don't always appeared though. I change to a faster usb 3 thumbdrive & no longer have this problem.

EveMuffins

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also got this message occasionally in the past, it don't always appeared though. I change to a faster usb 3 thumbdrive & no longer have this problem.
Tks..guess I'll need to get a better usb..:)

juniebie

Reaction score
Hello all! I need some help connecting my chromecast. I'm using an analog tv and it doesn't have any hdmi port, so I'm using the hdmi port on my NMS set top box in a hope to connect it somehow, is that possible? The light shows and it seems connect on my app, but I can't seem to find the channel displaying my chromecast, help!!! I'm using the remote control provided by NMS.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I need some help connecting my chromecast. I'm using an analog tv and it doesn't have any hdmi port, so I'm using the hdmi port on my NMS set top box in a hope to connect it somehow, is that possible? The light shows and it seems connect on my app, but I can't seem to find the channel displaying my chromecast, help!!! I'm using the remote control provided by NMS.

the hdmi port on nms is to output video to tv, chromecast's hdmi also output video to tv, so you can't connect them together.

get yourself a tv with hdmi or monitor with hdmi, don't waste your chromecast dongle.

juniebie

Reaction score
the hdmi port on nms is to output video to tv, chromecast's hdmi also output video to tv, so you can't connect them together.

get yourself a tv with hdmi or monitor with hdmi, don't waste your chromecast dongle.

Oh ok! The reason why I wanna use chromecast is because my tv is old and has no wifi connection and not near any internet connection. Are there other options besides using chromecast?

Last edited:

weeza77

Reaction score
Oh ok! The reason why I wanna use chromecast is because my tv is old and has no wifi connection and not near any internet connection. Are there other options besides using chromecast?

If there's really no other option other than using your current TV then get a HDMI -> Analog(Component/Composite) converter.

Something similar,

http://www.lazada.sg/products/miracle-shining-hdmi-to-3-composite-rca-av-cvbs-s-video-rl-audio-converter-adapter-upscaler-i468570485.html

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you need an android tv box.

some has RCA connectors, you can use the connectors to connect to your tv.

Last edited:

mryongtan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

may I know why do you say "waste"? let's say I already got 1 and going to use it, is it still a waste?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may I know why do you say "waste"? let's say I already got 1 and going to use it, is it still a waste?

you can't use it with your tv at the moment - wasted.

if you buy new tv/monitor with hdmi so you can use it - not wasted

you can also buy a hdmi to rca converter to connect to your old tv, but the picture will be in low quality - again wasted the good picture from chromecast.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

metavolta

Reaction score
Any recommendation for DVB-T2 set-top box on Q10, Lazzada, Shoppe, Amazon or retail that is easy for parents to navigate and not complicated?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for DVB-T2 set-top box on Q10, Lazzada, Shoppe, Amazon or retail that is easy for parents to navigate and not complicated?

most of them are similar.

the easiest way is to teach your parents to use the up/down channel buttons, or even easier, just teach them how to use the up button.

get the cheapest box will do

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, need to get DVB-T2 box for my parents.I saw one, UKOBOX, this one comes with webtv and 100+ channels. is the webtv worth getting?

They mainly want to watch news like CNN and some other potential free international ones, but mainly local and malaysia channels. Thanks

https://www.lazada.sg/products/imda...tv-active-antenna-i311698455-s716428355.html?

ok, but don't set too high expectation.

if want to free international tv , it is better to get an andorid tv box, the cheaper boxes are slightly more than $20 and can do a much better job.

Ghost9696

Reaction score
ok, but don't set too high expectation.

if want to free international tv , it is better to get an andorid tv box, the cheaper boxes are slightly more than $20 and can do a much better job.

Thanks for that. Got any to recommend? Also is it easy to setup for international Tv on such cheaper boxes?

Arcrise

Reaction score
I have an old Samsung SmartTV (which cannot connect to wifi/download netflix etc) and an STB2-T2. Do I need to get an additional device e.g. Fire Stick etc. to download Netflix/Youtube etc. apps to watch the shows on my TV?

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any advantages using a digital TV set top box compared to my 2019 TV built in tuner that is compatible with DVB-T2?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.