Cheapest RSP for SRS

arcaninx

Reaction score
HI

May i know which broker/bank offer lowest cost for a RSP with SRS?

i intend to buy STI ETF .

thanks

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HI

May i know which broker/bank offer lowest cost for a RSP with SRS?

i intend to buy STI ETF .

thanks

OCBC BCIP is the only one that allow their RSP to be purchased using Cash or SRS...POSB Invest Saver and FSM RSP only allow cash to be used...

Edit: Just checked POEMS SBP doesn't allow using SRS, cash only...So your only option is OCBC BCIP if you want to use SRS...

Last edited:

Freezy

Reaction score
OCBC BCIP is the only one that allow their RSP to be purchased using Cash or SRS...POSB Invest Saver and FSM RSP only allow cash to be used...

I just received an email ffrom FSMone that we can trade SGX stocks/ETF with CPF-OA/SRS. Maybe you can explore that...if am not wrong the RSP ETF commision is about $1 and min invest monthly is $50.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just received an email ffrom FSMone that we can trade SGX stocks/ETF with CPF-OA/SRS. Maybe you can explore that...if am not wrong the RSP ETF commision is about $1 and min invest monthly is $50.

But they never say anything about RSP

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can FSM invest with SRS via RSP?

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can FSM invest with SRS via RSP?

Cannot...So to answer the TS question, only OCBC BCIP is the only one that allow using SRS...

Edit: I just checked my FSM account by trying to add a new RSP, it only allow Cash option to pay for the RSP...

Last edited:

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sound like SRS is a bad plan
Cash is king :D

SRS got tax savings, if you are going to invest the money anyway, might as well put into SRS and invest the money for the tax savings...Only if you are low income earners or don't pay as much income tax will not benefit from it...

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I would say SRS is not good for dollar averaging. Only good when market crash. I think at this time, can whack banks. lol

Not sure about STI ETF as SG have many old school companies. Can they revive?

karakorum1999

Reaction score
Yeah. I would say SRS is not good for dollar averaging. Only good when market crash. I think at this time, can whack banks. lol

Not sure about STI ETF as SG have many old school companies. Can they revive?

Yup, I have the same thinking, and similar challenges.
As each buy costs at least $10++ (e.g. using FSM), you cannot quite RSP yourself each month with even $1-2k. Which leaves lump sum investing which of course can be split into a few tranches if you wish.
I managed to use SRS to buy some ES3 at $2.4x-$2.5x range some months back. That’s enough ES3 for me (some cash holdings too) for now.

Kojo0403

Reaction score

Edit: Just checked POEMS SBP doesn't allow using SRS, cash only...So your only option is OCBC BCIP if you want to use SRS...

Yes, looks like OCBC is the only one that offers it now. Good thing is Lion OCBC Sec Hang Seng Tech has been included under its SRS-RSP!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.