Is it worth $239 to get Logitech Folio Touch for iPad Pro?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree, too vague. If you use a lot of trackpad and the keyboard being powered by the smart connector, I’d say go for it.

For people like myself, I don’t use trackpads at all but the magic mouse on my iPad Pro. I have the Folio Pro but the keyboard is connected via BT. I use the keyboard a lot daily and the batt can last more than 2 months easily.

Comparing both Folio Touch and Folio Pro, the Pro has a smaller footprint overall by only one typing angle and that’s magnetically attached to they keyboard to activate BT connection. The Touch is similar to the Slim Combo I had previously for my 2017 Pro, but the rear kickstand can be adjusted to your preferred angle.

All these being said, I’d go for the Folio Touch just for the smart connector solely. The choice is yours bro. If this is your first keyboard case, just go for it.

gdspd8

Reaction score
Yes, I know it is too vague. I do use keyboard and trackpad occasionally. The features that attract me are as follow:
1. It use the 3 connector so response is faster
2. Does not need to charge as it draw power from the ipad.
3. The side cover will protect the pencil.
4. It can be bend down to use but again may scratch the keyboard.
5. Auto Backlight keyboard.
6. Additional row of function keyboard.
7. Trackpad.

What pull me off is as follow:
1. Price
2. Thickness and weight.

You can buy other similar product at Taobao at a much cheaper price. But again the quality and function maybe different.

So weighing the above pro and cons, I duno is it worth getting it at $239.
If the price is at $150, I will just hoot without asking.

Last edited:

MORTYRICK

Reaction score
I've check quite number of reviews. I'll get it if it release for 12.9, and also if you really wanted to replace your laptop when you travel.

I suggest you go youtube and check those review, more people gotten their hands-on.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know it is too vague. I do use keyboard and trackpad occasionally. The features that attract me are as follow:
1. It use the 3 connector so response is faster
2. Does not need to charge as it draw power from the ipad.
3. The side cover will protect the pencil.
4. It can be bend down to use but again may scratch the keyboard.
5. Auto Backlight keyboard.
6. Additional row of function keyboard.
7. Trackpad.

What pull me off is as follow:
1. Price
2. Thickness and weight.

You can buy other similar product at Taobao at a much cheaper price. But again the quality and function maybe different.

So weighing the above pro and cons, I duno is it worth getting it at $239.
If the price is at $150, I will just hoot without asking.

For point number 1, if you’re referring to response time in usage, then definitely the smart connector will be faster as you don’t have to wait for the keyboard to connect when you turn on BT. But if response time as in typing, there’s no diff.

For your point number 4, if I’m not wrong the keyboard on the Folio Touch is slightly recessed so only the edges around the keyboard contacts the surface. Since the keyboard is always active due to connection via smart connector, pressing the keys will cause unnecessary inputs ,unless they have a workaround for it.

gdspd8

Reaction score
For point number 1, if you’re referring to response time in usage, then definitely the smart connector will be faster as you don’t have to wait for the keyboard to connect when you turn on BT. But if response time as in typing, there’s no diff.

For your point number 4, if I’m not wrong the keyboard on the Folio Touch is slightly recessed so only the edges around the keyboard contacts the surface. Since the keyboard is always active due to connection via smart connector, pressing the keys will cause unnecessary inputs ,unless they have a workaround for it.

I have seen all the YouTube reviews 2 days ago.
The casing will detect the ipad is total bend and will auto cease the keyboard operation.

gdspd8

Reaction score
Anyway, it is selling at Apple Online Store 2 days ago. It will be deliver on the next day. Currently not available in physical store.

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have seen all the YouTube reviews 2 days ago.
The casing will detect the ipad is total bend and will auto cease the keyboard operation.

So which means there's a workaround for it, probably a sensor with a microswitch. Probably the same concept is used with the Folio Pro in which when it is magnetically docked, the keyboard connects and removing it disconnects.

Honestly I felt Logitech keyboard cases for iPad have more uses than Apple's but heavier and bulkier. Apple ones are more stylish, slimmer but more expensive.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, it is selling at Apple Online Store 2 days ago. It will be deliver on the next day. Currently not available in physical store.

Think for it to be available at physical stores may take a while.

gdspd8

Reaction score
Done. Bought at Apple Orchard.
Yesterday launch and can buy off the shelve. Reach there at 6.30pm, told me walk in no more. Strictly for appointments. Tell me come tomorrow. Both Orchard and Jewel have stock.
Today reach Orchard at 1.30pm, ask me come tomorrow as walk in no more. Strictly for appointment. Jewel no more stock
Diu, on the spot I buy online and pickup at Orchard..then I can go in to collect.
I check on the spot. Orchard also no more stock.

gdspd8

Reaction score
Before I insert in my iPad Pro, the weight is quite heavy.

Last edited:

gdspd8

Reaction score
I just weigh it. Its well above 1kg. The feeling like carrying a latop.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
So which means there's a workaround for it, probably a sensor with a microswitch. Probably the same concept is used with the Folio Pro in which when it is magnetically docked, the keyboard connects and removing it disconnects.

Honestly I felt Logitech keyboard cases for iPad have more uses than Apple's but heavier and bulkier. Apple ones are more stylish, slimmer but more expensive.

i think apple's one is more well built and likely to last longer.

compatibility wise is also a no brainer.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just weigh it. Its well above 1kg. The feeling like carrying a latop.

Same here, but I still carry it daily to work, no issues.

The Folio Touch is a bit heavier than the Slim Folio Pro at 646g vs 552g.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.