[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge - Part 2

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the chilli rasbora will die. They are not eating and I cant guarantee they will eat if i buy new food. And i need to crush them to fine powder to feed.

Profeed got powder food. $7.50
Rasbora don't eat also nvm can keep tetras too lulz

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya. Newly bought fishes were from a brownish color water tank in shop.
Before introducing to my tank, 1/3 water mix and then 2/3 water mix in an hour interval respectively.

New water change of 60% was over night tap water

My guess is the new fishes itself ain't healthy in the first place

Btw do u guys test your water quality regularly?

their browish water is it black water? meaning with lower ph water :o

if u wanna be v safe, quarantine for 2 weeks :o

then after 2 weeks, use drip method over 1 hr to acclimatise your new fish to the fish tank :o

Also to use water test kit to check out ph value, temperature, ammonia, nitrite and nirate regularly :o

if u want, can further test carbonate and total hardness :o

Urbanchap

Reaction score
if u wanna be v safe, quarantine for 2 weeks :o

Experts' advice is one month's quarantine, To avoid transferring disease to your display tank, use separate equipment for your quarantine tank too :( :(

Also, some advice to give broad spectrum medication like Tetra General Tonic Plus to new fishstock as part of quarantine. But I haven't try it myself :D

Last edited:

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Experts' advice is one month's quarantine, To avoid transferring disease to your display tank, use separate equipment for your quarantine tank too :( :(

Also, some advice to give broad spectrum medication like Tetra General Tonic Plus to new fishstock as part of quarantine. But I haven't try it myself :D

these 3 meds can work all together after this guy killing thousands of fish in his shop.

Rock_Lobster

Reaction score
Anyone got advice on what CO2 regulator to get? I see those GLA or CO2art reg very big....

Any comments on the ADA "CO2 System 74-YA/Ver.2" or "CO2 Attache Regulator"? They dont a gauge tho, is that a very big draw back? :s11:

BeyondTheSky

Reaction score
Hi all 👋🏻
Can ask if top filter wont suck water, is it possible because the water level too low ?

s-l400.jpg

Something like this filter..

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all 👋🏻
Can ask if top filter wont suck water, is it possible because the water level too low ?

s-l400.jpg

This filter suck from bottom and spray outwards to top.
If both top and bottom suck where the water go??

BeyondTheSky

Reaction score
This filter suck from bottom and spray outwards to top.
If both top and bottom suck where the water go??
😂 i mean the filter that hang on top not sucking water.. the motor is work but no water go up.. so i wonder is it because water level too low ?

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
😂 i mean the filter that hang on top not sucking water.. the motor is work but no water go up.. so i wonder is it because water level too low ?

Sometimes yes .
Or sponge stuck with rubbish or what not need clean
Impeller sometimes dirty or stuck

Else is the ancient way , on pump
Suck from the output

Actually for a start just take the pump put into a pail of water try first if it is working at all

simnonsg

Reaction score
Hi all 👋🏻

s-l400.jpg

The water level must reach the base of the pump motor for optimum operation.
In the picture, it is the black box casing where the suction tube is connected.

You can use the long suction tube as a gauge, water level reach full length, 100%, but most of the time will top up water slight above the pump motor base as evaporation takes place which reduce the amount of water

BeyondTheSky

Reaction score
Try to fill water to the full length of the long suction tube to see if it works

The water level must reach the base of the pump motor for optimum operation.
In the picture, it is the black box casing where the suction tube is connected.

You can use the long suction tube as a gauge, water level reach full length, 100%, but most of the time will top up water slight above the pump motor base as evaporation takes place which reduce the amount of water

Sometimes yes .
Or sponge stuck with rubbish or what not need clean
Impeller sometimes dirty or stuck

Else is the ancient way , on pump
Suck from the output

Actually for a start just take the pump put into a pail of water try first if it is working at all

Ah ! ok noted ! Thank you.
I will try to fill in more water tonight.
Just upgrade my 10 gallon tank to this kind of tank and i not enough keep water.. so slowly top up :(

how this filter works?
where to put the bio media?

the filter is unseen under the black cover on top, it's a normal top filter kind... :)

Last edited:

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Ah ! ok noted ! Thank you.
I will try to fill in more water tonight.
Just upgrade my 10 gallon tank to this kind of tank and i not enough keep water.. so slowly top up :(

the filter is unseen under the black cover on top, it's a normal top filter kind... :)

oic. with that limited space, don't think it can hold a lot of media. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.