The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Velton

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, what is the average price range I need to look at for presbyopia glasses? Thanks in advance!

Sent from Apollo 13 using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah, I know the individuals working at certain areas around SG and I know they are responsible and diligent thus I try to recommend you guys to them.

Variety of specs might not be much there but it should suffice.

I work at another outlet so... not because I work there and I recommend it.

Hi Gangsterkia,

can i know the reason why you recommend them?

is it their pricing, the quality of their spec or the way they handle the customer?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Progressives or single vision reading?

Progressives starts at 380 onwards, single vision from 70 onwards for the lenses.

Hello, what is the average price range I need to look at for presbyopia glasses? Thanks in advance!

kruppom

Reaction score
Hello all, does anyone know which shop have Nike spectacles? My current unknown brand already 4 years I think it’s time to check and get new lenses. Because I felt my I notice when I’m looking straight and both my eye balls is looking downwards. Sometimes people think that I’m sleeping. Also I’ve been to a few shops but most don’t have Nike. Or anyone other brand recommended?

Reaction score

Hi bro,

A pair of 1.50 index progressive lens with basic design starts from $180.

These lenses are customisable to suit your lifestyle & requirement (E.g. more distance / more reading or balanced)

Depending on your needs , you can also choose to top up & have Add-ons like:
  • Thinner lenses
  • Wider Angle lenses
  • Colour changing lenses (E.g. Transitions, Photochromic)
  • HEV Light (Blue) Filter (E.g. Asahi-Lite UV3G, Tokai Lutina)

Velton

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Progressives or single vision reading?

Progressives starts at 380 onwards, single vision from 70 onwards for the lenses.
Thank you. Reading up on the differences between progressives and single vision.

jywy2005

Master Member
Reaction score
I made a pair of progressive lens for my presbyopia of 100 degrees. Being using those cheap reading glasses for all these years. My optician recommended me 125 degrees instead. Not shortsighted as I had lasik done. So normal vision plus presbyopia 125 degrees for near vision reading.

Started wearing for a few days and can’t get used to it. Feeling giddy if I wear it for a long time.

tmc2505

Reaction score
Hello all,zeiss & hoya tinted lens which is better?or any other recommendations?Thanks in advance

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Is this your first time wear progressives?
Apart from the 125 for near vision at the bottom, is there any distance power at the TOP or totally 0?
Any idea what brand of lenses are those?
Do you have the card which states which lens is it?

I made a pair of progressive lens for my presbyopia of 100 degrees. Being using those cheap reading glasses for all these years. My optician recommended me 125 degrees instead. Not shortsighted as I had lasik done. So normal vision plus presbyopia 125 degrees for near vision reading.

Started wearing for a few days and can’t get used to it. Feeling giddy if I wear it for a long time.

Velton

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro,

A pair of 1.50 index progressive lens with basic design starts from $180.

These lenses are customisable to suit your lifestyle & requirement (E.g. more distance / more reading or balanced)

Depending on your needs , you can also choose to top up & have Add-ons like:
  • Thinner lenses
  • Wider Angle lenses
  • Colour changing lenses (E.g. Transitions, Photochromic)
  • HEV Light (Blue) Filter (E.g. Asahi-Lite UV3G, Tokai Lutina)
Thanks. When I did a test, they say I 125 for both eyes. Not really sure what it means. Haha.. but I just sort of remember like that..

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They actually do not lose out to single vision.

The downside to anti fatigue is that there is a limit to the addition/power reduction at the bottom which currently stands at +1.35(Hoya sync 3).
The distortion at the sides are lesser than a progressive so it’s really comfortable. However once you hit about 45 onwards, and your lao hua/presbyopia/reading power increases above the +1.50 mark. The anti fatigue lenses will not work as well as it used too.
This is based on my fitting experience and might differ from how other practitioner fit over here thus correct me if I am wrong in any way. Cheers and hope this helps!

May I know how are the Essilor Eyezen with Sapphire coating and BlueCapture compared to the hoya syn 3?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
May I know how are the Essilor Eyezen with Sapphire coating and BlueCapture compared to the hoya syn 3?

Eyezen Sapphire Boost+ Blue cap has an addition power of +0.40/0.60/0.8/1.1D.
Those figures are the ones that are at the lower segment of your lenses to help u read/relax your eyes when looking at near stuff.

Sync 3 is +0.6/+0.9/+1.35.
Thus the range is wider. Say a 40 year old individual might prefer sync 3 than eyezen SB+ due to the addition power of +1.35.

Another difference is ESB+ is using Blue light Absorb lenses which reduces the amount of yellowish hue on the lenses whereas Sync 3 is using Blue light reflect which has the yellowish Hue.

I for one prefer the yellowish hue but that depends on personal preference of the others!

liewhl

Reaction score
dTwKp1.png

any one know how to read this and what does it mean?

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
dTwKp1.png

any one know how to read this and what does it mean?

Right Eye: Myopia -1.25 Astig -1.00 @ an angle of 180
Left Eye:Myopia -2.75 Astig -0.50 @ an angle of 30

Pupil Height: maybe progressive/anti fatigue thats your focal point too
For high powered individuals even Single vision sometimes is better to have a focal point as 1mm-2mm change in the height might cause prismatic effect. E.g. Will not be as clear/dizzy.

Your Pupillary distance/PD is 62mm. Distance between both eye.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.