Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tried & CMI. Lol.

My ave wifi speed is 400+ mbps with no VPN. With Express VPN smart connect its slightly over 300 mbps. With nord autoconnect its slightly over 200 mbps.

ExpressVPN now so fast? I just test it 1.5years ago it was no more than 40Mbps.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
my VPN came along free with my Mcafee Anti Virus. Dont see much review...does it work equally good?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will depend on the offer, either one year or two years or even longer.

I do not use Surfshark. I subscribe to purevpn for 12 months but it is not very good. I will change to other VPNs when it expires late this year.

For my use cases, free Windscribe and Astrill Android version are good enough already. I am more into Chinese Entertainment so I may pay for the China VPN later (Transocks or AJS).

In the end I choose to pay for AJS 爱加速 for my Chinese Entertainment use case, RMB198 for one year.

I chose AJS because I used it when it was free, the number of servers were impressive, the speed was not bad either with the right servers.

I have paid VIP for Youku Video, QQ Music and Xiami Music, all three apps mostly work without VPN but some contents still require China VPN. AJS works fine for them.

I also tested Tencent Video and iQiyi, both work as well. But now lots of contents require paid VIP membership. And ads can be long without VIP. So if you are interested in the contents (both are better than Youku Video), it is better you pay the VIP.

More discussion of Chinese Entertainment here.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...one-chinese-entertainment-apps-5929935-8.html

Last edited:

eting72

Reaction score
In the end I choose to pay for AJS 爱加速 for my Chinese Entertainment use case, RMB198 for one year.

I chose AJS because I used it when it was free, the number of servers were impressive, the speed was not bad either with the right servers.

I have paid VIP for Youku Video, QQ Music and Xiami Music, all three apps mostly work without VPN but some contents still require China VPN. AJS works fine for them.

I also tested Tencent Video and iQiyi, both work as well. But now lots of contents require paid VIP membership. And ads can be long without VIP. So if you are interested in the contents (both are better than Youku Video), it is better you pay the VIP.

More discussion of Chinese Entertainment here.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...one-chinese-entertainment-apps-5929935-8.html

very good info, thx for sic

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
is Surfshark good for torrenting?
Would appreciate if can share promo code.
Thanks!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stacksocial deal

Ivacy VPN Lifetime for US$39.99, 5 devices
https://stacksocial.com/sales/ivacy-vpn-lifetime-subscription

Take note of the following.
After 5 years, please reach out to support@ivacy.com to renew your subscription free of charge

Important Details

Length of access: lifetime

Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase

Advanced IPsec & IKEV protocols

Virus protection

Smart connect feature

Military-grade 256-Bit encryption

1000+ servers in 100+ locations

Internet kill switch

High-speed downloading

Unlimited bandwidth

Dedicated Kodi app

P2P support

Supports 5 devices with simultaneous logins

Based in Singapore
Not based in an "Enemy of the Internet" or "14 Eyes" country

After 5 years, please reach out to support@ivacy.com to renew your subscription free of charge

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been using nordvpn forever, it's a very reliable service, worth the investment.
There's a 3 year deal for nordVPN right now, enojy: https://nordvpn.com/coupon/deal/?coupon=gonordvpn

The three year plan is the same as the offer from StackSocial now, but two year and one year plan are more expensive than StackSocial current offer.
https://stacksocial.com/sales/nordvpn-2-yr-subscription-4

The expired offer of 2 year at US$39 may come back later this year. And some people in this forum may have even better offers.
https://stacksocial.com/sales/nordvpn-2-yr-subscription

hammyhamster

Reaction score
Hi all,

Same here, looking for a VPN that works with Amazon Prime.

Can PM me referral code for Surfshark or NordVPN?

Thanks!

snail00

Reaction score
Hi,
Looking for referral codes for ExpressVPN or Surfshark. Please PM me. Thanks in advance!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like surfshark too much but I build my own right now

Using a VPS? How do you like it?

I set up a basic shadowsocks server instance and a v2ray server instance on the free Google cloud, back in Dec 2019 to try out for my short trip to China.

The server instance in Singapore worked when I tried it to bypass China GFW. The server instance in US did not work. It was too slow in China.

My paid purevpn did not work. Before my trip I contacted the customer services. The customer service representative was very helpful and provided me two special servers before my trip. But they did not work.

Free Astrill Android VPN did not work (clearly stated by Astrill -- you need to use the paid version). Free Windscribe also did not work.

None of the above worked for SingTel Cast when I tried it in China. I guess it would not be easy to bypass China GFW and SingTel restrictions at the same time. The solution may be to set up VPN servers at home router but my router was too old and the openvpn server on the router (WRT1900AC) did not work for me.

kurei83

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm interested in getting referral codes for Nord VPN or Surfshark VPN.

thanks in advance for sharing! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.