US Imported Google nest router

JJJ010101

Reaction score
Hi experts.. I bought nest router from US then read online that it is better to buy nest router compatible with Singapore's wifi

Does anyone knows whether this have a real impact on the wifi network?

leowweiqi

Reaction score
Hi experts.. I bought nest router from US then read online that it is better to buy nest router compatible with Singapore's wifi

Just apply for return

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score

Yes. It may improve the 2.4GHz band, as the power allowed is 4W compared to 100mW in Singapore.

mrkiasu

Reaction score
US version only has 5.7-5.825 Ghz due to FCC regulations. Fewer channels to use.

US version 2.4 Ghz would have higher transmit power but in our urban concrete jungle not much use unless you are in your own landed area.

You can still use it in Singapore (not sure about Singtel due to VLAN).

Overall, its still a good router to use. Its 4x4 MU-MIMO.

JJJ010101

Reaction score
Oh man, thanks guys for your comments..

How about the wifi points? Any difference?

Now I'm thinking of keeping the US nest router for my in-law's house, they are not so picky.

Then for my own house I'll take one of their points to use with a SG set of nest router, will that work?

mrkiasu

Reaction score
Yes. It can work for your parents to use.

Or another work around

Get a local SG set (Use its as main router) and use the US set as wifi points.

Up to you and your budget.

Oh man, thanks guys for your comments..

How about the wifi points? Any difference?

Now I'm thinking of keeping the US nest router for my in-law's house, they are not so picky.

Then for my own house I'll take one of their points to use with a SG set of nest router, will that work?

JJJ010101

Reaction score
Yes. It can work for your parents to use.

Or another work around

Get a local SG set (Use its as main router) and use the US set as wifi points.

Up to you and your budget.

Ok thanks! So that means the points are configured same for US and SG, just the router are different?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.