Comparison Review: Sony IER-M7 vs IER-M9 – The Reference Series

audiolocheese

Reaction score
Here's my comparison review for Sony IER-M7 vs IER-M9:

Comparison Review: Sony IER-M7 vs IER-M9 – The Reference Series

Short Summary:

The IER series is, indeed, an excellent series from Sony to re-enter the IEM battle arena. The detail retrieval capability and reference sound signature will definitely win a lot of audiophiles’ hearts, including mine. The different tuning approach in IER-M7 and IER-M9 is a wise move, to address different needs from different groups of audiophiles.

With the launch of IER series, Sony once again proves to the world that the matured state of their tuning and desire can cater to the different needs in the audiophile community. No matter which is your preference, Sony’s got your back with their new IER series.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried the M7, but was blown away by the M9 when I tried it at Sony store. Not quite ready to drop over a grand on IEMs though. :s13:

audiolocheese

Reaction score
Haven't tried the M7, but was blown away by the M9 when I tried it at Sony store. Not quite ready to drop over a grand on IEMs though. :s13:
If they allowed you to try IER-Z1R with their DMP-Z1, go ahead and try it. This pairing blown my mind, but the price is crazy HAHAHA.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.