Need assistance upon signing up with citibank premiermiles card

sierra007

Reaction score
To all,

I just signed up and wonder about the following points. Would appreciate if someone could enlighten me.

1. If i charge about 1.5k to my premiermiles card, for my CFA certification, would it count as qualifying spend?

2. Also, I signed up with moneysmart.sg and not sure if I am eligible for the 26,500 welcome bonus if I choose not to spend 9,000 in 3 months?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

natnaes

Reaction score
To all,

I just signed up and wonder about the following points. Would appreciate if someone could enlighten me.

1. If i charge about 1.5k to my premiermiles card, for my CFA certification, would it count as qualifying spend?

2. Also, I signed up with moneysmart.sg and not sure if I am eligible for the 26,500 welcome bonus if I choose not to spend 9,000 in 3 months?

Thanks!!

1. You have to either check with CFA what the MCC would be, or if someone else here has paid via CC for their CFA they might be able to answer.

2. It is written very clearly that you need to spend the $9,000, on top of paying the annual fee to be eligible. If either you do not spend 9,000, or you get the annual fee waived, you will not get it.

26,500 Citi Miles
Bonus Citi Miles earned upon meeting spend requirement + payment of annual fee

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
www.citibank.com.sg/rwdexcl

The link above provides the list of excluded transactions that will not earn miles and hence it is not considered as qualifying spend. So long as CFA is not tagged as an "Educational Institutions", it should be considered as qualifying spend.

The $9K min spend to earn the 26.5K miles is the current promotion by Citibank. If you don't meet the $9K spent, you will not qualify for the miles as these are awarded by Citibank.

https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credit_cards/premiermiles-card.htm?icid=SGCCUV6ENCRCDCAFM

zack14

Master Member
Reaction score
It is written very clearly that you need to spend $9,000 to get the 26,500 bonus.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.