Any Sennheiser HD 650 users here?

petetherock

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any users here?
What are you driving it with?

Cheers

petetherock

Reaction score
Currently I'm using my iMac mainly, but I will also use the headphone amps of my Marantz NA 11S1 and PM 11S3.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have both the HD600 and the HD6XX, running them SE on my iFi Micro iDSD Black Label or Balanced on my Oppo HA-1.

kiawui

Reaction score
Using them with my iBasso DX160 and Huawei Matebook13 (surprisingly it drives them pretty well). When I am using it on my pc I prefer to drive it with my GoVibe Magnum Headphone Dac Amp.

Planning to get a Topping DX3 Pro for hooking up to the pc.

blurwulf

Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any users here?
What are you driving it with?

Cheers
U might wanna give the ifi zen can/dac signature combo a try. They are designed specifically for hd6xx.

Sent from My Butthole using GAGT

blurwulf

Banned
Reaction score
I have both the HD600 and the HD6XX, running them SE on my iFi Micro iDSD Black Label or Balanced on my Oppo HA-1.
Ifi micro BL user here. Probably the best portable dac/amp I've heard at this price.
I'm using hd600 and hd660s.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ifi micro BL user here. Probably the best portable dac/amp I've heard at this price.
I'm using hd600 and hd660s.

Yeah, the iFi Micro iDSD BL is one amazing piece of audio gear. Other than it and my Oppo HA-1, I also have a Gustard stack, don't intend to sell it, but got no space to use it, I love that with a pair of XLR cables hooking up the DAC and amp, it can do Balanced mode with SE headphones. I might put aside the HA-1 for a while and use the Gustard stack, that way, I don't have to resort to swapping out SE cables with Balanced cables for my cans, also have the HD800, ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000, HFM HE1k, Denon AH-D7000, etc.....all with Balanced and SE cables.

NikonD4

Reaction score
HD650 with 1) Cayin iHA6 + iDAC6
2) WA22 (2nd Gen)
3) Little Dot A1 65H7

invisible.hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Change cable to campfire ALO pure silver cable

Use with the following setup
iFi Nano BL / PC
Pure Ipad
pure Samsung S10

Last edited:

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Driving it with Burson Playmate. It's fantastic as it improves clarity and resolution. HD650 is somewhat neutral for me - bass is not massive, treble is not too transparent. I'm quite happy with it as is. But when playing with a powerful DAC, it will push massive amount of musical details with comfortable staging.

Burson_Playmate_12.jpg

Last edited:

Rajduraisamy

Reaction score
Hi! I’m using a HD650 with my modded Bottlehead Crack amplifier. Source is my iMac and Olive One with Concero One dac.

Alternate amplifier is Woo Audio WA6se with same setup. Though I prefer the HD650 with the Crack

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.