Reliability of A class vs 1 series

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the summary batniss, think i already made up my mind. Question is to choose which PI

One last thing, if it is important

PI: made in Germany
AD: made in Mexico/Hungary

The big ones?

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bmw is never reliable , it is a performance car thou x1 is not , want reliable car get a Harrier , faster bigger , more reliable but more expensive

Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting an A class (A200) or a BMW 1 series (Maybe X1). Anybody having any major issue on one of these cars that I should be aware? I really want to get one of these 2 models(I like both) and thinking of which model will be more reliable...

evening

Reaction score
Bmw is never reliable , it is a performance car thou x1 is not , want reliable car get a Harrier , faster bigger , more reliable but more expensive

X1 more expensive bah... and if compare same CC 2.0 TC of Harrier and 2.0 TC of X1, I think not really sure which car will be faster in real world. And usually u can floor a BMW without the engine sounds like it’s strained. Not sure about the current 2.0 TC Harrier though since this engine is also used in Lexus.

evening

Reaction score
1 series is 3 cylinder engine. Cannot lahhh

Actually many people do not know that BMW also used 3-cylinder engine in their i8. And V6 engine is made up of 2 inline-3 on each side and also need balance shafts to counter the imbalance. But I never heard of such comment for i8 and V6 engine.

In fact, 4-cylinder engine uses balance shafts too

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
X1 more expensive bah... and if compare same CC 2.0 TC of Harrier and 2.0 TC of X1, I think not really sure which car will be faster in real world. And usually u can floor a BMW without the engine sounds like it’s strained. Not sure about the current 2.0 TC Harrier though since this engine is also used in Lexus.
Tried the Harrier, smooth acceleration but lacks oomph of a conti. When redlined, it acclerates gradually.

joenss11

Reaction score
if u are a company under corporate, the 5 years or 100k servicing is free include wear n tear except tyres

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toyota or Lexus IS always like this 1 , look for oomp in these 2 brand is like impossible, oomph factor best is porky

Tried the Harrier, smooth acceleration but lacks oomph of a conti. When redlined, it acclerates gradually.

spurman

Reaction score
The x1 is end of life soon. Next yr new model replacement.

X1 while is compact suv. Interior actually quite okay. As big as tuscon.

Drive better n handle better than harrier definately lar but cost more to maintain thats all.

Can consider audi q3. New model. Nicer too

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.