iPhone 11/11 Pro

eagleboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think maybe got to do with your telco provider.

Anyone got this issue where your phone suddenly loses network? It refuses to load anything even though it still shows 4G in the status bar then you have to turn on Airplane mode to “reset” it.

I keep having this issue, went to Apple, they gave me a replacement set to completely rule out hardware faults but still having this same issue.

I already set my phone up as new instead of restoring 13.6. Funnily enough, the replacement phone was running 13.3 so when I went around Seletar Mall trying it out, it was working fine. After I updated to 13.6, I went to Nex and tried it, fine, today I was at East Coast having lunch, tried checking in to Siglap centre, refuses to load again.

This happens a lot because I use the SingPass app to scan QR code’s for safeEntry. Previously I would always open the QR scanner to scan and go in to Safari. It is Super annoying, anyone got a similar issue and managed to fix it?

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
i think maybe got to do with your telco provider.

I thought so as well, phone already replaced so I went to Starhub to get a new SIM card.

Have yet to really test it out, will be trying it tomorrow at work, then i'll go walk around the 3 malls in tampines randomly scanning QR codes to test.

origamii

Reaction score
Anyone got this issue where your phone suddenly loses network? It refuses to load anything even though it still shows 4G in the status bar then you have to turn on Airplane mode to “reset” it.

I keep having this issue, went to Apple, they gave me a replacement set to completely rule out hardware faults but still having this same issue.

I already set my phone up as new instead of restoring 13.6. Funnily enough, the replacement phone was running 13.3 so when I went around Seletar Mall trying it out, it was working fine. After I updated to 13.6, I went to Nex and tried it, fine, today I was at East Coast having lunch, tried checking in to Siglap centre, refuses to load again.

This happens a lot because I use the SingPass app to scan QR code’s for safeEntry. Previously I would always open the QR scanner to scan and go in to Safari. It is Super annoying, anyone got a similar issue and managed to fix it?

i think im having some network issue as well. while on mrt suddenly no network but not during tunnel station though

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
So I found out why my phone keeps dropping my starhub cellular network, its the damn Singpass mobile app.

When I was on android, I used another app called QR reader to scan the safe entry codes.

Somehow when I went to iphone, i decided to use singpass mobile instead and thats when all the problems started.

New phone, new SIM, still got issue, finally I used the built in QR reader from the control centre and no more issues. Went around shopping malls and various CC's, scanning as much as I can, no drops anymore.

Props to Apple for replacing my phone even though the diagnostics came back all clear to completely eliminate any hardware issue.

Reported Singpass mobile to Apple, went through 1 week of irritation thanks to this stupid app.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I found out why my phone keeps dropping my starhub cellular network, its the damn Singpass mobile app.

When I was on android, I used another app called QR reader to scan the safe entry codes.

Somehow when I went to iphone, i decided to use singpass mobile instead and thats when all the problems started.

New phone, new SIM, still got issue, finally I used the built in QR reader from the control centre and no more issues. Went around shopping malls and various CC's, scanning as much as I can, no drops anymore.

Props to Apple for replacing my phone even though the diagnostics came back all clear to completely eliminate any hardware issue.

Reported Singpass mobile to Apple, went through 1 week of irritation thanks to this stupid app.

just use e camera app to scan e qr code. using that qr reader from control centre is fine but it defaults to a private Safari tab which doesn't save your details. means u have to re-enter them every time.

mbyst

Reaction score
Circle life now offers E-sim if anyone interested. I have already jump ship as local pro max has only 1 physical sim slot😞

Posted from PCWX using iPhone12,5

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
just use e camera app to scan e qr code. using that qr reader from control centre is fine but it defaults to a private Safari tab which doesn't save your details. means u have to re-enter them every time.

yea i use the camera app now. i can't be bothered to use the QR reader because I always use my left hand to hold the phone and I struggle to pull down the control centre on the top right corner.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

The Tracetogether app has a build in Safeentry scanner. Or the SingPass app too!

missyjas

Reaction score

Hi, i’m facing this issue too. I encounter no connection or slow connection now n then. Even when i browse social media, it load very slow too. Tried my sim card on other phone, no issue. Try other sim on my iphone 11pro max, same issue. Restore the software, still the same. Not sure is it the software version issue or hardware issue as i nv encounter such b4, only until recently.

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For a lady user who likes to take photos.
Pro or Pro max will do the job?

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

JayBeeLwashere

Reaction score

Thanks for this! No wonder I thought how come my details were never saved..too bad I use Singpass app now much more convenient

origamii

Reaction score
For a lady user who likes to take photos.
Pro or Pro max will do the job?

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

for a lady i feel pro will do the job . im using pro max and its quite heavy and tiring for wrist

ukyo100

Reaction score
guys just want to check with u with your opinion. I can purchase a 256 iPhone 11 with $248. or 256 11 max pro with 600. about 350 different. does the LCD and OLED and extra 1 camera justify with this price gap?

because I compare my wife iphone 11 and samsung note 9. notice that LED nicer, the LCD seems Grey instead of black..

Last edited:

xiaosen

Reaction score
guys just want to check with u with your opinion. I can purchase a 256 iPhone 11 with $248. or 256 11 max pro with 600. about 350 different. does the LCD and OLED and extra 1 camera justify with this price gap?

because I compare my wife iphone 11 and samsung note 9. notice that LED nicer, the LCD seems Grey instead of black..
Take pro max! Looks better

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pro Max battery damn zai.
See what's your usage ba. Do you need the bigger screen and battery? You can tahan heavy phone? Cause quite heavy :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.