EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCBC frank debit and credit card still have. My card was renewed last year May and it still have the Nets flash pay wallet.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Why so ?....

Bcos u can now pay with visa and masters, so why will banks want to burn extra money to add feature that the credit card itself can actually function as a EZ link replacement. It was created in the past bcos u can't pay bus/mrt using credit card but now u can.

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bcos u can now pay with visa and masters, so why will banks want to burn extra money to add feature that the credit card itself can actually function as a EZ link replacement. It was created in the past bcos u can't pay bus/mrt using credit card but now u can.

So it means that the new cards most likely won't have those features anymore?

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
So it means that the new cards most likely won't have those features anymore?

Most banks will be wise to cease this arrangement as this means extra cost to get Gemalto to code this function into every cards they produced.

The last card that I had was Frank card replacements 1 month right before OCBC announced they will cease coupling the NFP feature in June. Ever since all my replacement from time to time from banks all did not have it.

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most banks will be wise to cease this arrangement as this means extra cost to get Gemalto to code this function into every cards they produced.

The last card that I had was Frank card replacements 1 month right before OCBC announced they will cease coupling the NFP feature in June. Ever since all my replacement from time to time from banks all did not have it.

Glad to know this. Thanks.

acertey

Reaction score
Hi, was also researching for this. Seems like per month for family members i have multiple cards running. Roughly maybe 300 per month.

Do you guys have alternative ways like linking them 1 credit card?:D

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, was also researching for this. Seems like per month for family members i have multiple cards running. Roughly maybe 300 per month.

Do you guys have alternative ways like linking them 1 credit card?:D

Nowadays can use credit card loaded on Google pay for transport. Counted towards paywave rebate for cards like ocbc Frank and dbs live fresh and each trip earns 1 scratch card for a chance for cashback.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
My ezlink card expired. I am looking at netsflashpay vs ezlink. I intend to use auto top up function. I see netsflashpay card have a $0.25 fee for auto top up, so I think I will renew ezlink card because ezlink auto top up no fee. Am I correct?

Looks like ezlink auto top up no fee is better, why people choose netsflashpay?

Asking just in case I misunderstand anything. Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.