Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Based on your case is a loan scam, most likely you are dealing with keyboard warriors. Dont think about what their next move is, you are giving yourself unnecessary stress

Really? If is just a loan scam then I am not that stress already. Hope is just ask debtors to harass people only uh. At least police can arrest them. But oh well. If he really call my workplace number I already prepared to get a new job. I mean... what done is done anyway. Have to keep living and earning money to feed my parents after all.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Really? If is just a loan scam then I am not that stress already. Hope is just ask debtors to harass people only uh. At least police can arrest them. But oh well. If he really call my workplace number I already prepared to get a new job. I mean... what done is done anyway. Have to keep living and earning money to feed my parents after all.

i havent read anything on you getting a loan or anything.
Most likely is a scam, even if it isnt a scam and an actual case of loansharking, just ignore them. The worst thing that can happen is splash paint, if they come, that guy confirm get caught one. at most you lose a bit of face. Repainting your door is cheaper than paying them.

Dont fall for their threats or lies.

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Most likely is a scam, even if it isnt a scam and an actual case of loansharking, just ignore them. The worst thing that can happen is splash paint, if they come, that guy confirm get caught one. at most you lose a bit of face. Repainting your door is cheaper than paying them.

Nope. No loan. I stupid go and make an enquiry and got into this mess. I see one of the website “quick credit” not the official one and go apply due to need financial help. In the end I drag my family down with me... changing My number on this Saturday. Sigh. But my sibling still don’t want to change her number due to having to change a lot of things... bloody regret and guilty to them.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Nope. No loan. I stupid go and make an enquiry and got into this mess. I see one of the website “quick credit” not the official one and go apply due to need financial help. In the end I drag my family down with me... changing My number on this Saturday. Sigh. But my sibling still don’t want to change her number due to having to change a lot of things... bloody regret and guilty to them.

Well, that's too bad for them. They will most likely receive more scam messages and calls from overseas. Those a**holes will probably pass the numbers to other scammers

green72

Reaction score
Hi. So can I ask that the worst thing they can do is just to send other debtors to splash paint around neighbourhood?
That's the "best" they can do. Maybe 1or 2 a bit more "creative" like do arson outside your door or send letters to your neighbours. The arson ones gets higher SPF priority.

All their tactics is just to scare you to listen to them. If you got time to read, all the various tactics are well documented in the thread here from the very first one. It does not mean you are behaving like a coward. It does not mean they will get angrier and try to do more worst harassment.

They won't do beyond what every victims have been sharing so far.It's just not worth it for them to send thugs to rough you up because it is not worth the money and effort. Furthermore, everywhere got camera in Singapore.

Don't blame yourself, get even with them for the harassment. Ghosting and stay silent if they somehow get to contact you is the best act you can do.

Freeze their assets by not reverting/ returning their money is how you get back at them.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Brothers and sisters, I found this on talking point, this is how they do it.

No need to be afraid.

This is how the scams are being carried out. Fyi.

Part 1: https://www.mewatch.sg/en/series/talking-point-2018/ep42/761211

Part 2:
https://www.mewatch.sg/en/series/talking-point-2018/ep43/763020

Suitelife11

Reaction score
That's the "best" they can do. Maybe 1or 2 a bit more "creative" like do arson outside your door or send letters to your neighbours. The arson ones gets higher SPF priority.

All their tactics is just to scare you to listen to them. If you got time to read, all the various tactics are well documented in the thread here from the very first one. It does not mean you are behaving like a coward. It does not mean they will get angrier and try to do more worst harassment.

They won't do beyond what every victims have been sharing so far.It's just not worth it for them to send thugs to rough you up because it is not worth the money and effort. Furthermore, everywhere got camera in Singapore.

Don't blame yourself, get even with them for the harassment. Ghosting and stay silent if they somehow get to contact you is the best act you can do.

Freeze their assets by not reverting/ returning their money is how you get back at them.

Okay so my sibling say she won't transfer to that **** up loan scammer already. Now he text and say he decided to harrass my family. Can I ask? If runners kenna arrested is jail time for them already right?

Azrayi

Reaction score
Hi guys i blocked the loan shark redy thn after 1 week he call and msg me today but i cut the call and nvr pickup also then later tonight he transferred me 300 what shud i do

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Hi guys i blocked the loan shark redy thn after 1 week he call and msg me today but i cut the call and nvr pickup also then later tonight he transferred me 300 what shud i do

Whether it be loan shark or loan scam, block them out. Make police report, inform the police what happened because money that went into your account might be from other victims attempting to 'return' money, and if they report to police that they were told to xfer money into your account, u might be implicated. if possible close your account and open a new one.

Okay so my sibling say she won't transfer to that **** up loan scammer already. Now he text and say he decided to harrass my family. Can I ask? If runners kenna arrested is jail time for them already right?

Yes if harassers caught, jail time, and huge fine. Depending on how they harass, might kenna rotan also

Suitelife11

Reaction score

Bro. You got check the transaction? If not wrong the money is from government gst voucher. Check again. If really is that guy then report police.

Azrayi

Reaction score
No bro it reallt is the guy if government money then in the transaction got put name one wat like government money but this money from yishun atm thn the guy msg me oso but i block him redy but he still trf me

NeedAdvicePls

Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping to get some advice from you guys.

Weeks ago, i was approached by someone on whatsapp who happen to know my name, still no idea how, claiming to be from LML i used previously. However, he has 'broken out' and is starting his own business claiming many customers have started supporting him. After turning him down a few times, i relented as i needed some urgent cash.

I proceeded to send him my IC and payslip as 'document proof'. The initial amount requested for $AK but upon receiving $2AA transfer from 3 different accounts, i felt suspicious and requested it to stop immediately, which he did. We then discussed and came to an agreement that i will return $AAA with slight interest after he refused to accept me returning the same amount at that point. The agreement was 1 month later from the date of receiving it. There was no issue for a couple of weeks until 1 week plus back he requested me to make a $AA payment to a specific account. I did so and i confirmed with him that the outstanding out be $AAA to be paid on the one month of receiving the initial amount. He asked for the same amount just this monday and i clarified that was the initial arrangement. He said no, this $AA is merely 'deferment', technically if i pay $AA for the rest of my life, i won't be able to clear this debt. So i asked for a 'clearance payment' which he arrived at $AAA which is over 200% more than received amount

I did so even though i knew there was a risk of him coming back for more, but i did it because i felt he would have gotten more than what he provided initially.

I made a police report on the same night and was advised to close my account and change my mobile. First few days was fine (no sound), but today he texted using another number requesting for payment AGAIN despite clearing it. I ignored and blocked, updated my IO about it.

Part of his whatsapp image he sent across showed a facebook post of my IC with my occupation claiming i took a loan from his 'company' and refused to pay, he proceeded to claim he will share my address (which i'm not sure if he did OR if the post was photoshopped) He also called my home landline claiming to be someone from my workplace.

I understand from reading all the posts, i should be ignoring and ghosting them. IS THERE ANY ADDITIONAL ADVICE FROM YOU GUYS?

Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping to get some advice from you guys.

Weeks ago, i was approached by someone on whatsapp who happen to know my name, still no idea how, claiming to be from LML i used previously. However, he has 'broken out' and is starting his own business claiming many customers have started supporting him. After turning him down a few times, i relented as i needed some urgent cash.

I proceeded to send him my IC and payslip as 'document proof'. The initial amount requested for $AK but upon receiving $2AA transfer from 3 different accounts, i felt suspicious and requested it to stop immediately, which he did. We then discussed and came to an agreement that i will return $AAA with slight interest after he refused to accept me returning the same amount at that point. The agreement was 1 month later from the date of receiving it. There was no issue for a couple of weeks until 1 week plus back he requested me to make a $AA payment to a specific account. I did so and i confirmed with him that the outstanding out be $AAA to be paid on the one month of receiving the initial amount. He asked for the same amount just this monday and i clarified that was the initial arrangement. He said no, this $AA is merely 'deferment', technically if i pay $AA for the rest of my life, i won't be able to clear this debt. So i asked for a 'clearance payment' which he arrived at $AAA which is over 200% more than received amount

I did so even though i knew there was a risk of him coming back for more, but i did it because i felt he would have gotten more than what he provided initially.

I made a police report on the same night and was advised to close my account and change my mobile. First few days was fine (no sound), but today he texted using another number requesting for payment AGAIN despite clearing it. I ignored and blocked, updated my IO about it.

Part of his whatsapp image he sent across showed a facebook post of my IC with my occupation claiming i took a loan from his 'company' and refused to pay, he proceeded to claim he will share my address (which i'm not sure if he did OR if the post was photoshopped) He also called my home landline claiming to be someone from my workplace.

I understand from reading all the posts, i should be ignoring and ghosting them. IS THERE ANY ADDITIONAL ADVICE FROM YOU GUYS?

All the people you gave their contact, warn them they will be harassed and that you have been scammed.

Fb post and every harassment - file police report, can do online.

Lastly do not pay and do not fear, call 999 if any physical harassment happens.

Azrayi

Reaction score
I have complained to the police of the force transfer i am going to tell the bank too so they can revert the money.and i am going to change number and bank account so after all this will they send letter or runner to my house?

pls_help_me

Reaction score
I have complained to the police of the force transfer i am going to tell the bank too so they can revert the money.and i am going to change number and bank account so after all this will they send letter or runner to my house?

See heng suay, aiya just dont care them, inform ur neighbours and family in advance

Reaction score
All the people you gave their contact, warn them they will be harassed and that you have been scammed.

Fb post and every harassment - file police report, can do online.

Lastly do not pay and do not fear, call 999 if any physical harassment happens.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/more-8600-reports-scams-involving-around-s52-million-anti-scam-centres-first-year?cid=tdy%20tg_tg-pm_social-msging-free_09102018_today

Suitelife11

Reaction score
See heng suay, aiya just dont care them, inform ur neighbours and family in advance

So I have change my number already. For these past few days is quiet and peaceful. Now just basically preparing if any runners will come by to my house. Prepare to call police too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.