Private Settlement

unladylike_diva

Reaction score
Hello. I was involved in a minor accident and we agreed for a private settlement. I agreed to pay for the damage. The other party gave a price without black and white quotation. I insisted on a receipt after I‘ve transferred the amount but he told me to contact his workshop so I did and to my dismay, he made me pay for the rental car as well because he couldn’t use his car. I told him he should be honest about this because I only agreed to pay for the damage, he started to be mean and name calling me. Anyways, I just wanna know if anyone out there has the similar situation with me. For private settlement, has anyone paid for the rental car for the other party?

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How much u paid for? How bad was the damages?

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In a private settlement, the party at fault is at the mercy of the one who kena hit. So it's not rare for them to lion open big mouth.

Usually private settlement, once both agree on the resolution, immediately take out a private settlement form and write down everything black and white. Both party sign and each get a copy. So if he wanted u to pay for his loss of use, the amount should be included inside.

U said u insist on a receipt. Actually he can heck care you cos he already got the money. Usually people will go meet at a agreed workshop, let the mechanic there give a quote. I know some people will go to another mechanic, in case the first mechanic is dodgy. After the quote, pay off, sign the private settlement form and hope never to hear from each other ever since.

The mistake u made is u never write down everything in black and white after u paid. In fact, he can even go and claim against you, despite u already paying him. Heck, he can claim u never paid him. So u will kena slapped by your insurance too.

I hope u had already made a report to your insurance company within 24hrs of the accident. The insurance company can ask u go fly kite if u din report and the other party's insurance company come knocking

Sent from 雪花飘飘北风啸啸, 天地一片苍茫
一剪寒梅, 傲立雪中, 只为伊人飘香 using GAGT

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello. I was involved in a minor accident and we agreed for a private settlement. I agreed to pay for the damage. The other party gave a price without black and white quotation. I insisted on a receipt after I‘ve transferred the amount but he told me to contact his workshop so I did and to my dismay, he made me pay for the rental car as well because he couldn’t use his car. I told him he should be honest about this because I only agreed to pay for the damage, he started to be mean and name calling me. Anyways, I just wanna know if anyone out there has the similar situation with me. For private settlement, has anyone paid for the rental car for the other party?

You are in the wrong. Yes, the other party will demand for more. in this situation, if found unreasonable plus now name calling, i will report accordingly to insurance appointed workshop. Let them handle for you.

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any settlement form signed by both parties for the accident and the agreed amount? If no, you are at a loss here.

If yes, just stick to that.

uniquely_ad

Reaction score
In a private settlement, the party at fault is at the mercy of the one who kena hit. So it's not rare for them to lion open big mouth.

Usually private settlement, once both agree on the resolution, immediately take out a private settlement form and write down everything black and white. Both party sign and each get a copy. So if he wanted u to pay for his loss of use, the amount should be included inside.

U said u insist on a receipt. Actually he can heck care you cos he already got the money. Usually people will go meet at a agreed workshop, let the mechanic there give a quote. I know some people will go to another mechanic, in case the first mechanic is dodgy. After the quote, pay off, sign the private settlement form and hope never to hear from each other ever since.

The mistake u made is u never write down everything in black and white after u paid. In fact, he can even go and claim against you, despite u already paying him. Heck, he can claim u never paid him. So u will kena slapped by your insurance too.

I hope u had already made a report to your insurance company within 24hrs of the accident. The insurance company can ask u go fly kite if u din report and the other party's insurance company come knocking

Sign private settlement still want to claim insurance? Where got such thing..once settled privately black n white and if both party agreed signed then everyone has to follow what was agreed upon.

bh10101

Reaction score
by right, everyone should settle via insurance claim. by left, is it over here?
best is in the center, there is a hole - any amount indicated? any terms of what to damage is covered? :s22::s22:

Sign private settlement still want to claim insurance? Where got such thing..once settled privately black n white and if both party agreed signed then everyone has to follow what was agreed upon.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what I said was if he just pay only and no black and white. Which seems like the case. :s22:

I asked my insurance last time they say they recognize the private settlement form. So once signed cannot claim liao

Last edited:

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If even need rental car , then forget it I paid private settlement From $200 to $3000
$200 is bang a s class and is a surgeon , $3000 is a Porsche and a tai tai
Just lump sum settle .
I suggest that you see what car They driving first and try to know Thier job , like a surgeon won’t waste time to play such game with me as he got no time

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be lowly ses PHV driver that wants to milk every single cents out of it. (Rental car)
Rich ppl got no time to play game. Chop settle zao case close.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.