Huawei D15 can buy

natas

Reaction score
What do u think. Cannot upgrade ram

Sent from Binary World using GAGT

Unless the spec is far more superior, I am a die heart Huawei fans or I only support China brand, else I rather pay the same amount on other major brands laptop.

ckctam

Reaction score
That's other reviewer says as well. For a bit more you can get other brand.

https://www.techradar.com/sg/reviews/huawei-matebook-d-15-2020

They are selling for 1000? If that's the case you have many other options out there.

Do keep in mind of the US and Huawei may not just affect mobile phones but also laptops as well. You do not want to get into a situation where windows cannot update or other things not working bc of a US ban.

Spec wise is ok. It is 3500, not 4000 series so you don't get big performance boost. It is 8gb soldered so you can't upgrade. This is not a big deal if you ain't doing anything intensive.

lifeinmono

Reaction score
Lenovo also China brand. Legion 5 is promising but taking damn long to deliver.

natas

Reaction score
Lenovo also China brand. Legion 5 is promising but taking damn long to deliver.

Ya Lenovo is also China brand.... by all means go ahead n buy Huawei D15, your choice n money. BTW Legion 5 and D15 are different league.

lifeinmono

Reaction score
Does the lenovo in funan sells Legion 5 with student price?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya Lenovo is also China brand.... by all means go ahead n buy Huawei D15, your choice n money. BTW Legion 5 and D15 are different league.

For the price difference. Isn't legion 5 $1.6k to $1.8k?

What alternatives are there sub $1k price point.

ckctam

Reaction score

Plenty. Just go to any store and they are selling lots of laptops at 1k range. The only question is if you are looking specifically in mind like it must have ryzen 4000.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sub-$1K range - you're looking at heavier laptops (>1.5 kg), 14 - 15.6 inches screen, Intel Core i5 usually, 4 or 8 GB RAM usually, integrated graphics usually - occasionally you may get a GeForce MX card... you get what you pay for lar...

ckctam

Reaction score
At 1k range, there are so many options...other things to consider is the feel, the size and the weight. If you can go to a shop and check out a model, do it. Type a few paragraphs to see if you like the keyboard (if it has enough feedback). Bring a backpack that you will put the laptop in and try to put it in and see how heavy it is (if they let you do that).

Just hold it. Check the keys (arrows, CTRL, ALT, WINDOWS, FUNCTION, page up and down) keys to see if it is something you can get use to.

For me, all these things are just as important. I've got a Toshiba 14incher a few years ago. It is great. Got a FHD screena nd everything but the keyboard is so shallow I've made so many typos on it.

Rock-kun

Reaction score
Do keep in mind of the US and Huawei may not just affect mobile phones but also laptops as well. You do not want to get into a situation where windows cannot update or other things not working bc of a US ban.

Mobile and embedded platforms are extremely different from the PC platform. That is very unlikely to happen.

Don't spread FUD just because it's a Huawei.

ckctam

Reaction score
With the ways things are going right now, things can change quickly. I bet three years ago, no one expect US to block Huawei smart phones.

Even if not for that, the other factors I mentioned about D15 still stands.

Mobile and embedded platforms are extremely different from the PC platform. That is very unlikely to happen.

Don't spread FUD just because it's a Huawei.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.