TFIP IBF Data Analytics

Kingdom

Reaction score
u already receive rejections for both IBF 1st and 2nd choices?

How to receive that said rejections? IBF had emailed / will email automatically to inform rejected applicants so that they don't have to waste time waiting for a reply?

Morandi

Reaction score
Congrats Morandi. Thanks for sharing to us your DA offer from Citi!

May I ask what other tracks & FIs you applied to?

And which FIs had interviewed you before but yet to offer you?

I only applied DA track. My first choices were GS and SGX. Only received an interview reply from GS last week. No update from SGX at all.

No reply from GS as interview was only one day before my acceptance with citi.

Also had interview with OCBC, but was rejected, after I accpet citi.

I think different tracks have different timelines. You should compare with the ppl applying the same track as you.

grats, were u from the 2nd batch?
i think i am rejected by citi already if this is the case :s13:

I believe the process is still on-going. If doubting, you can email IBF

yohhiman

Reaction score
Had an interview with JPM under DA track and the interviewer said that they will release the outcome on 14th August to ibf. Hopefully it is the same deadline for all the other FIs.

kayabun79

Reaction score
I only applied DA track. My first choices were GS and SGX. Only received an interview reply from GS last week. No update from SGX at all.

No reply from GS as interview was only one day before my acceptance with citi.

Also had interview with OCBC, but was rejected, after I accpet citi.

I think different tracks have different timelines. You should compare with the ppl applying the same track as you.

I believe the process is still on-going. If doubting, you can email IBF
Congrats Morandi on your offer!

Like you, my first choice was SGX and GS. Had an interview with GS earlier this month but I'm guessing I was rejected as I have not heard from them yet. As for SGX, I have not heard from them at all.

Can I check how you managed to apply to Citi and OCBC? Did you contact them directly or did IBF forward your application to them? I was under the impression we were only able to apply to 2 FIs.

Morandi

Reaction score
Congrats Morandi on your offer!

Like you, my first choice was SGX and GS. Had an interview with GS earlier this month but I'm guessing I was rejected as I have not heard from them yet. As for SGX, I have not heard from them at all.

Can I check how you managed to apply to Citi and OCBC? Did you contact them directly or did IBF forward your application to them? I was under the impression we were only able to apply to 2 FIs.

I think they forwarded our resume to other FIs

Also I heard that GS has a final interview as well

Morandi

Reaction score
Had an interview with JPM under DA track and the interviewer said that they will release the outcome on 14th August to ibf. Hopefully it is the same deadline for all the other FIs.

Does this mean that the briefing releasing the course start date will be held after 14 Aug?

kayabun79

Reaction score
I think they forwarded our resume to other FIs

Also I heard that GS has a final interview as well
For GS, I had a hirevue interview and 1 zoom interview. If there is another one, then I'm guessing I did not clear the previous stage.

Oh well. I will just wait and hope. Thanks.

SanXxx

Reaction score
Hi Yohhiman, I guess im part of the 2nd batch stilll waiting for the interview.

I have an upcoming interview with JP for DA track as well, able to share what are the questions that they ask? And if the duration of the interview was kept to 30mins?

I dont have any relevant exp nor exposure in DA, so i'm feeling abit worried.

yohhiman

Reaction score
Does this mean that the briefing releasing the course start date will be held after 14 Aug?

Not sure, i think it is only JPM's deadline for finalizing their shortlisted candidates to ibf. Might be different for other FIs

yohhiman

Reaction score
Hi Yohhiman, I guess im part of the 2nd batch stilll waiting for the interview.

I have an upcoming interview with JP for DA track as well, able to share what are the questions that they ask? And if the duration of the interview was kept to 30mins?

I dont have any relevant exp nor exposure in DA, so i'm feeling abit worried.

Mainly about your previous job exp and they asked me about the roles I have done previously. Quite a few general interview questions but definitely good to do up more research on DA since you are applying for that track. My interview ended 30mins on the dot

Morandi

Reaction score
I didn't have hirevue. Only had 1 hour of 2 half sessions interviews. Maybe it's your final already!

Lalalander

Reaction score
i received the offer from gs, hence i cannot attend my interview with jp morgan which is supposed to be next week.

once you accept an offer for whichever FI, you will not be available for the rest.

for me, gs had 3 rounds of interview.
2 rounds of normal q & a on your interest and what you'd done so far
1 round of programming interview

kayabun79

Reaction score
i received the offer from gs, hence i cannot attend my interview with jp morgan which is supposed to be next week.

once you accept an offer for whichever FI, you will not be available for the rest.

for me, gs had 3 rounds of interview.
2 rounds of normal q & a on your interest and what you'd done so far
1 round of programming interview
Congrats on being offered the gs position!

Can I check when you received the offer from them?

I had 2 half hour interview sessions and 1 hirevue interview (I assume that is the programming interview you are referring to). If there was a 3rd interview then I guess I have not been shortlisted.

SanXxx

Reaction score
Mainly about your previous job exp and they asked me about the roles I have done previously. Quite a few general interview questions but definitely good to do up more research on DA since you are applying for that track. My interview ended 30mins on the dot

Cool, sure will read up more on DA. Thanks for sharing!

Looking at the timeline, I guess JP only had time for 1 round of interview?

Kingdom

Reaction score
Its August already. Time flies. Anyone got any latest good news to share? Or was it like what someone here in the forum shared before that many had actually went ahead to explore other options with NTUC Learning Hub &/or SGUnited Skills Programme instead?

Villager

Reaction score
Yesterday UOB (which was one of my 2 choices) called me for interview. But I already accepted OCBC, so I had to turn UOB down. OCBC wasn't in my 2 choices. Not sure why my selected FI didn't call me first. Anw judging from this, TFIP will probably get us down only by end Aug to go thru the contract. The FIs r still interviewing!

Villager

Reaction score
Yesterday UOB interviewed you and today you received their offer via email?

No, yesterday UOB invited me for interview but I turned them down as I have already accepted OCBC's offer. I received OCBC's offer of acceptance last Thursday. I interviewed w OCBC way back. Just to be clear, the email was sent by TFIP, kind of like on behalf of OCBC.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.