Asus Aimesh

adrwong

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advice on Asus aimesh. I have hook up 01 Ac88 wired backhaul for my aimesh. The main router is also Ac88. Question, I am currently connect to smart connect. Is it advisable to switch to a separate SSID for a more stable connection? Currently I am achieving ard 600mbs on wifi on the main router and around 500 plus mbps on the secondary Aimesh router ( in my masteroom ) which I am totally pleased with. But the problem is that there will be intermittent lag in the connection for my secondary router. Meaning that the connection will drop for a while and reconnect back. I will not have a problem if I go with wireless backhaul but just that the speed with go down to ard 200 mbps. Have also switch to different Lan cables but the problem still persist. Seeking advise. Thank you!

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advice on Asus aimesh. I have hook up 01 Ac88 wired backhaul for my aimesh. The main router is also Ac88. Question, I am currently connect to smart connect. Is it advisable to switch to a separate SSID for a more stable connection? Currently I am achieving ard 600mbs on wifi on the main router and around 500 plus mbps on the secondary Aimesh router ( in my masteroom ) which I am totally pleased with. But the problem is that there will be intermittent lag in the connection for my secondary router. Meaning that the connection will drop for a while and reconnect back. I will not have a problem if I go with wireless backhaul but just that the speed with go down to ard 200 mbps. Have also switch to different Lan cables but the problem still persist. Seeking advise. Thank you!

You try disable smart connect and try first.

Singrish

Reaction score
Dont know if its an inherent issue with AC88 but a friend mentioned that even when he’s in the same room as his router (his is 1 unit not AIMesh) his phone keeps connecting to 2.4 band. Even when he searches for networks the phone will pick up tons of networks and his own 2.4 but never his 5ghz.

He tried both with and without beam forming and it was the same. He was so convinced his AC88 got issues he went to service centre & insisted for a swap but still the same.

Ironically when he switched back to his AC68U there were no issues. So yeah dunno is it his iphone issue or AC88 issue or just suay.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.