• Forrett

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Clavon

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
not so attracted to all these 3 projects leh..

nothing to shout:

- Clavon: far away from Clementi MRT, and super clustered area near near to new BTOs + C.Canopy... Yeah you can say future/prospective buyers are just a stone throw away.. but i don't like that "claustrophobic" feel. bear in mind that there's another open parcel next to Clavon, heard earmarked for private development as well.. so many projs in this area (Canopy, PC, Triliq, regent park, etc)

- Penrose: not near MRT. that Sims drive area really not so attractive to stay (ok i admit personal preference cuz i'm not from this area.. but where's the nearest mall, ntuc, hawker/market?), plus the proximity to PIE, unit selection super important? if starting price at 1.7k psf, will go for other projs 300-500m away from MRT

- Forett: location is key. this area i believe is under Jurong GRC. Not the actual prime bukit timah area. again another area full of condos. come TOP, will you be competing with other new launches that TOPs as well? (Kismis, linq, etc). already debated in the Forett thread that this location is not near the Beauty World MRT.. only attraction will be the freehold status. historical value appreciation at this location will tell you the likely trend- stagnation

Hehe I totally agree.
But I choose clavon cos it’s the lesser of the two evils. :D

NewHerePlz

Reaction score
Hehe I totally agree.
But I choose clavon cos it’s the lesser of the two evils. :D

Boss Ni, actually when i summarize these 3 proj, i will choose forett (if forced to) cuz near to the nice hawker- Bukit Timah Hawker Centre.. I'm one super foodie! so those good eating hawker spots are a natural attraction to me. lol

the caveat is that Forett MUST launch @ around 1.7k psf la (1750-1790)... not sure if this is close to the price for Clavon/Penrose.. but anything more like 1.9 to 2k psf then forget it..

If Clavon launch close to 1.6k maybe will add some brownie points.. :s13:
Ultimately, it is always the price!

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If price is right, I will pick Clavon.

not so attracted to all these 3 projects leh..

nothing to shout:

- Clavon: far away from Clementi MRT, and super clustered area near near to new BTOs + C.Canopy... Yeah you can say future/prospective buyers are just a stone throw away.. but i don't like that "claustrophobic" feel. bear in mind that there's another open parcel next to Clavon, heard earmarked for private development as well.. so many projs in this area (Canopy, PC, Triliq, regent park, etc)

- Penrose: not near MRT. that Sims drive area really not so attractive to stay (ok i admit personal preference cuz i'm not from this area.. but where's the nearest mall, ntuc, hawker/market?), plus the proximity to PIE, unit selection super important? if starting price at 1.7k psf, will go for other projs 300-500m away from MRT

- Forett: location is key. this area i believe is under Jurong GRC. Not the actual prime bukit timah area. again another area full of condos. come TOP, will you be competing with other new launches that TOPs as well? (daintree, Kismis, linq, etc). already debated in the Forett thread that this location is not near the Beauty World MRT.. only attraction will be the freehold status. historical value appreciation at this location will tell you the likely trend- stagnation

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Boss Ni, actually when i summarize these 3 proj, i will choose forett (if forced to) cuz near to the nice hawker- Bukit Timah Hawker Centre.. I'm one super foodie! so those good eating hawker spots are a natural attraction to me. lol

the caveat is that Forett MUST launch @ around 1.7k psf la (1750-1790)... not sure if this is close to the price for Clavon/Penrose.. but anything more like 1.9 to 2k psf then forget it..

If Clavon launch close to 1.6k maybe will add some brownie points.. :s13:
Ultimately, it is always the price!

I’m very wary of forett because there’s already many case studies showing FH D21 condos are seeing a depression in price appreciation and rental. Of coz, if u buy for self stay, then it’s another story altogether.

I choose clavon on the basis clementi is a mature estate and the rental is doing relatively decent based on neighbouring transaction. But it’s still not something that one die die must buy unless the quantum/psf is more attractive than the other two.

I avoid penrose (if price at 1700psf) because it will go head on head with SUO (a relatively new condo where buyers enter at 13xxpsf). SUO buyers has first mover advantage and can still reap some profit...penrose buyers I’m not too sure if they can sell at 1900psf in the near future.
Furthermore, it’s situated next to expressway and surrounded by industrial area and not exactly very near to mrt.

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read this news as well :
Close to 10% of Singapore mortgages, or over S$15b, under debt moratorium

That's nothing man, only 10% deferred only.

In 2008, market drop also 15-20%, and look where we are now? Even after so many rounds of CM.

I believe prices will remain stable for long run, u won't see the massive rise in prices but u also won't see a massive dip either.

And by prices going up, I mean quantum and not psf 😂

robydjrsg

Reaction score
I am sure there must be some ways builders or agents manipulate the trxns.

Then could u explain to me how come treasure, Parc clematis, Florence, jadescape all still moving steadily every month? Those ura data r fake transaction or gimmick?

Now that you said, I think there are possible ways to do so ... URA shows the trxns which are BOOKED, not which those which are completed. I am sure there must be some ways builders or agents manipulate the trxns.

example, one agent told me in the month of may that they have only 3 units left and if I want to be last few lucky ones ... I decided not to take it ... 2 months later he came back and said that 60 units left and constantly kept poking me if I want to view and grab one ..

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using 2 bedder past 6 months rental trans:
Clement Canopy (OCR) > $2550-3600

Sims Urban Oasis (RCR) > $1500-3300 (non dual key unit type)

I choose clavon on the basis clementi is a mature estate and the rental is doing relatively decent based on neighbouring transaction. But it’s still not something that one die die must buy unless the quantum/psf is more attractive than the other two.

I avoid penrose (if price at 1700psf) because it will go head on head with SUO (a relatively new condo where buyers enter at 13xxpsf). SUO buyers has first mover advantage and can still reap some profit...penrose buyers I’m not too sure if they can sell at 1900psf in the near future.
Furthermore, it’s situated next to expressway and surrounded by industrial area and not exactly very near to mrt.

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct, a friend bought Florence 2 bedder and was allowed to exercise option next June coz his current resale shoebox has yet reached 3 years SSD.

Florence unit was booked for him. No caveat yet.
Now that you said, I think there are possible ways to do so ... URA shows the trxns which are BOOKED, not which those which are completed. I am sure there must be some ways builders or agents manipulate the trxns.

example, one agent told me in the month of may that they have only 3 units left and if I want to be last few lucky ones ... I decided not to take it ... 2 months later he came back and said that 60 units left and constantly kept poking me if I want to view and grab one ..

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Hehe, 3 units left vs 60 units left is a huge discrepancy.
How on earth can he fake a data like this when everything nowadays is so transparent and information sources is so easily available. :D

Just curious, which project is this? :D

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Correct, a friend bought Florence 2 bedder and was allowed to exercise option next June coz his current resale shoebox has yet reached 3 years SSD.

Florence unit was booked for him. No caveat yet.

Yes, the reissuing.
I reissue 3 times waiting for my funds to come in after selling.

NewHerePlz

Reaction score
I’m very wary of forett because there’s already many case studies showing FH D21 condos are seeing a depression in price appreciation and rental. Of coz, if u buy for self stay, then it’s another story altogether.

exactly my sentiments bro.
Clavon in clementi... hmm, the clementi hawker centre got great food as well! lol :o

penrose is out for me too... unless they launch at 1.4-1.5k psf to rival SUO's earlier pricing which we all know is impossible.

robydjrsg

Reaction score
Hehe, 3 units left vs 60 units left is a huge discrepancy.
How on earth can he fake a data like this when everything nowadays is so transparent and information sources is so easily available. :D

Just curious, which project is this? :D

TAPESTRY :)

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Tapestry is about 90 % plus sold already.
Two of my colleagues bought there.

Normally after booking a unit, if one decided not to exercise, he would be forfeited 1.25%.
I don’t see the point wasting such money if one is not sincere in buying.

robydjrsg

Reaction score
Tapestry is about 90 % plus sold already.
Two of my colleagues bought there.

Normally after booking a unit, if one decided not to exercise, he would be forfeited 1.25%.
I don’t see the point wasting such money if one is not sincere in buying.

Thats right ... But imagine if developers have tie-ups, one developers can help to have the trxns to others and but actually no physical buys so no money loss, but trxn numbers in URA :) These are the ways builders fooling customers

again 90 % sold is advertised by them. .... they can again come back next month with 30 units left :)

Ohw123

Reaction score
the caveat is that Forett MUST launch @ around 1.7k psf la (1750-1790)... not sure if this is close to the price for Clavon/Penrose.. but anything more like 1.9 to 2k psf then forget it...

Ahaha... Forett psf starts from 18xxpsf... that’s what I heard. Average psf imo will be around 1900 - 2000psf :D

Last edited:

Ohw123

Reaction score
What is the breakeven price of FORRET?

The land psf if I’m not wrong is around 1100psf. If add approx 500-550psf (construction, marketing, legal, admin, taxes, design, etc) will be around 16xxpsf breakeven. If Forett launch at 1700psf, Daintree, View At Kismis etc will be in deep trouble liao. :s13:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quantum wise. For $8xxk, only can get 1+study in Forett but can get 2 bedder in View @ Kismis. Can’t get anything in Daintree.

Which will be better rental? Disregard FH/LH.
A 2 bedder or a 1+Study will fetch better rental? Hmmm
The land psf if I’m not wrong is around 1100psf. If add approx 500-550psf (construction, marketing, legal, admin, taxes, design, etc) will be around 16xxpsf breakeven. If Forett launch at 1700psf, Daintree, View At Kismis etc will be in deep trouble liao. :s13:

Ohw123

Reaction score
Quantum wise. For $8xxk, only can get 1+study in Forett but can get 2 bedder in View @ Kismis. Can’t get anything in Daintree.

Which will be better rental? Disregard FH/LH.
A 2 bedder or a 1+Study will fetch better rental? Hmmm

Definitely the LH one bro, leasehold usually gives a better rental yield compared to their FH counterpart. What I meant abt “Daintree, V at Kismis, etc in trouble” is that they are selling at 1650 - 1700psf average. If Forett sells at 1700psf (which is impossible) they will definitely have a hard time selling. Daintree, V at Kismis got their land at a high psf, anymore decrease in price will definitely result to them eating into their already quite small profit margin. Cause which would you get? Forett at 1700psf or Daintree at 1700psf? That’s what I meant :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.