2010 Audi S4

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on getting a well-maintained renewed 2010 Audi S4?
can a well-maintained unit with many wear and tear changed last for another 10 years?
would parts be an issue in the future?
Depreciation around 8-9k

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Define well maintained?
Izzit changed all parts and recorded for last 10 years? Before renewed COE, changed all the W&T parts?
Getting a pre-owned ride is always luck not forgetting a renewed unit.

Get your trusted workshop to check it or at least speak to them about this model. Every model comes with a problem.

All the best of luck!!

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Define well maintained?
Izzit changed all parts and recorded for last 10 years? Before renewed COE, changed all the W&T parts?
Getting a pre-owned ride is always luck not forgetting a renewed unit.

Get your trusted workshop to check it or at least speak to them about this model. Every model comes with a problem.

All the best of luck!!

thanks. it is a one owner ride, claimed to be well maintained, everything changed bla bla...

my last 3 rides have been pre-owned (2.5, 3 and 8.5 year old) but none a renewed unit...so im abit wary...will def send it for pre-purchase inspection.

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u want to get a sporty of such old age and Audi, just prepare to spend. Don't ask too much. Since you ask, I guess you have reservations, the u probably shouldn't consider.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks. it is a one owner ride, claimed to be well maintained, everything changed bla bla...

my last 3 rides have been pre-owned (2.5, 3 and 8.5 year old) but none a renewed unit...so im abit wary...will def send it for pre-purchase inspection.
Take those claims with a pinch of salt. Unless previous owner can prove it with service records.

My first ride I bought a one owner ride from a dealer. Claimed owned by a female driver, sold becos wanted to upgrade etc. End up I found it was owned by a contractor firm (previous owner left some receipts in the car).

Sent from 雪花飘飘北风啸啸, 天地一片苍茫
一剪寒梅, 傲立雪中, 只为伊人飘香 using GAGT

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take those claims with a pinch of salt. Unless previous owner can prove it with service records.

My first ride I bought a one owner ride from a dealer. Claimed owned by a female driver, sold becos wanted to upgrade etc. End up I found it was owned by a contractor firm (previous owner left some receipts in the car).

Sent from 雪花飘飘北风啸啸, 天地一片苍茫
一剪寒梅, 傲立雪中, 只为伊人飘香 using GAGT

yes...owner have all the receipts to prove.

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes...owner have all the receipts to prove.
I think u know it could be wayang. I also go back AD do normal servicing but elsewhere to zhng. Why? Just to have that so called records to sell car at higher price. U could bring to yr own designated wkshp to check but they can only do so much, at least basics are covered. 2nd hand always a roll of the dice be it conti or not. Ultimate, if u done ur own level of checks and u are satisfied, just wack. U only live once. :)

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Unless i knew that driver, i won't touch renewed rides, especially conti!

I only trust receipts and records by AD.

Last edited:

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
funny things like female driver, low mileage, even if it is true, what does it prove?
"low mileage" can be bad. e.g. idling most of the time, short trips with start and stop most of the time. these are worse than high mileage mainly highway trips.
what does female driver mean? a "good" driver, not female driver, takes care of the car. if you believe female driver = good driver, then you believe it.

bboyirving

Reaction score
guess the best is to bring the car to ur usual mech / workshop to see the condition of the car, once bonnet pop. they can tell whether front got accident before anot etc etc. what parts changed or not also can tell.

not to mention renewed coe car every year must go inspection and the road tax increases 10% yearly for a 3L car is quite a sum.

do ur math first.

uniquely_ad

Reaction score
funny things like female driver, low mileage, even if it is true, what does it prove?
"low mileage" can be bad. e.g. idling most of the time, short trips with start and stop most of the time. these are worse than high mileage mainly highway trips.
what does female driver mean? a "good" driver, not female driver, takes care of the car. if you believe female driver = good driver, then you believe it.

For me I will feel that those whom claim its a woman driver is trying to tell buyer to focus that shes a careful driver while masking something bad.

uniquely_ad

Reaction score
guess the best is to bring the car to ur usual mech / workshop to see the condition of the car, once bonnet pop. they can tell whether front got accident before anot etc etc. what parts changed or not also can tell.

not to mention renewed coe car every year must go inspection and the road tax increases 10% yearly for a 3L car is quite a sum.

do ur math first.

youre right. Must let mechanic check..wear n tear of a coe car is problematic..

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Female driver
Teacher driver
Owner’s second/third car
Always parked sheltered
Retiree driver only drive to golf course

All these i dun trust

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Replacing with new spare parts will be a challenge or very expensive in terms of parts cost and labour cost. You just have to be prepared when things break down in future no matter how well-maintained it is now.

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Replacing with new spare parts will be a challenge or very expensive in terms of parts cost and labour cost. You just have to be prepared when things break down in future no matter how well-maintained it is now.
Esp true if change at AD. Thats why most will change at outside workshops after warranty which are cheaper. AD charge premium on products & services which are basically same as what outside wkshp does.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Esp true if change at AD. Thats why most will change at outside workshops after warranty which are cheaper. AD charge premium on products & services which are basically same as what outside wkshp does.

Outside workshops will use reconditioned parts as new parts can be very hard to find for old COE cars.

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Outside workshops will use reconditioned parts as new parts can be very hard to find for old COE cars.
Older coe cars probably. But those just turn 10 or just after no issue. There are still companies producing or have stocks even after run ends.

Infinite

Reaction score
any thoughts on getting a well-maintained renewed 2010 Audi S4?
can a well-maintained unit with many wear and tear changed last for another 10 years?
would parts be an issue in the future?
Depreciation around 8-9k

Monthly depreciation of 8 to 9k for an S4 is indeed tempting. But the road tax 4 years later will be ~$3.5k, that's like ~$12k per annum then:eek:

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Monthly depreciation of 8 to 9k for an S4 is indeed tempting. But the road tax 4 years later will be ~$3.5k, that's like ~$12k per annum then:eek:

yep...at 12k its still tempting for this segment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.