Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

p0is0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eshop is not cheaper in most cases, unless there are sales. You can get cheap games via shopee or Qoo10 korean set using coupons. There's no region restriction so feel free to buy which ever is the cheapest.

For eshop I'd recommend buying the eshop credits off shopee with coupons.
Some games are much cheaper on the eshop during sales like Overcooked or Mario x rabbids.
Others like fire emblem, physical copy is defo cheaper.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

I see the eshop credit cards from qoo10 but not from Shopee at all. I have downloaded app to inform me of sales for the games. Dun really know what are the nice and must play games for Nintendo since I’m more of a ps guy..

zheyan

Reaction score
If ur case can’t b used with the original dock, most likely can’t use with 3rd party dock..
I’ve a slim casing which I can use with original dock but I can’t use with the 2 3rd party docks. One cos d front case will block even though it’s thin, d other (which is that u r referring to, but I dun need to transfer over the internals) the bottom doesn’t cater for any case at all. So dun think abt getting 3rd party if u consider using case. I had to take out my case when I wan to use on 3rd party docks

Anyone gotten the kit for dock charging without using the original dock?

Need to transfer PCB from original dock to 3rd party, seems quite easy, since it’s using original transfer over so no bricking.

Reason being I got this casing which provides more protection + damn nice to hold but it doesn’t fit the original dock. And usually find the switch gets quite warm + scratches my screen protector.

chameleon20

Reaction score
How do I know if the local switch I bought from someone else still have warranty? The seller just provided me with Amazon sg receipt and serial number is not in the receipt...

kaya14

Reaction score
Any idea where to buy pro controller? Do the 3rd party controllers work?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4X using GAGT

termperm11

Reaction score

Pro controller expensive sia. I bought the 8bitdo SN30pro+ for like 55 bucks. It's a 3rd party controller but it's got a lot of positive reviews and is generally considered the best 3rd party controller. I have been using it and it's really solid and has extra functions like being able to remap buttons and turbo and more. You can check it out if you want

LegendZenify

Reaction score

3rd party knockoff Nintendo controllers can be gotten for ard $30.

Same shape and size, but without HD rumble and wake from sleep capability. The buttons seem lower quality but it's so much better than using the joycons ergonomically tbh.

I personally purchased the Pro controller. Wanted it for the full experience of HD rumble plus convenience of sleep to wake. Is it worth the extra $50? Maybe not

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score
PmTaua6.png

bot in 2018

no regrets

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also bought mine recently at GameXtreme with CapitalMall vouchers, in the end only paid $64.

Nothing beats the Pro Controller for Switch. Not only have HD rumble and wake features, the batt life is also around 40hrs, though a full charge could take up to 6hrs. Most 3rd party ones usually do not have that kind of batt life.

kaya14

Reaction score
Yah I know the pro controller is ex lah, but I think it's alot more convenient to use when playing on TV heh

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, can I check the $499 Amazon SG price is a promotional price or standard price?

Thanks

LegendZenify

Reaction score
Bro can share some links on eshop credit seller in shopee?
Those i used to bought ones a few sellers, no longer selling liao

Sent from Samsung SM-G985F using GAGT

I don't think I'm able to share the links here as some people will report and it's infractable I think, even though I'm not affiliated with the seller.
I PMed you the seller I usually buy from.

The price usually varies but now it's 62 sgd for $50 credits. You can use singtel dash on mondays to get 5 off 50 to make it $57.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys
planning get a powerbank for my switch. i now Anker is the official endorse switch powerbank but any issue if using other third party powerbanks ?

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'm able to share the links here as some people will report and it's infractable I think, even though I'm not affiliated with the seller.
I PMed you the seller I usually buy from.

The price usually varies but now it's 62 sgd for $50 credits. You can use singtel dash on mondays to get 5 off 50 to make it $57.
Thanks bro

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys
planning get a powerbank for my switch. i now Anker is the official endorse switch powerbank but any issue if using other third party powerbanks ?
Just a PD powerbank, i had used xiaomi and ravpower since 2017 no issue

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys

I'm using that Anker 20100 mAh Switch powerbank and usage wise is good. Only problem I have is that the powerbank does not hold charge as long as others. I can fully charge it and after a week or so of inactivity, it drains to low or even completely drained out.

I brought it to Anker and left it there for a few days but weirdly they told me no issue (not sure if they do not want to honour an exchange) so I just left it as it is. Overall still a very good powerbank and the PD is awesome.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.