Buy forett or penrose?

Ohw123

Reaction score
Smart, ok Propertyinvestor40 And onlycleanerinvest, the choice is clear Forret ftw! If u compare Forrett to another new launch FH urban treasures- the choice is clearer.

It’s Forett btw :)
The 2 ‘T’s at the back stands for Toh Tuck :s22:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently I was also comparing two projects, one is tapestry and one is Parc komo. I understand my colleague paid for a 2 + 1 bedder unit at tapestry for 857k for 603sqft which works out to be 14xxpsf.

On the other hand, Parc komo 2 +1 bedder unit at 877k for 614sqft which also works out to be 14xxpsf.

Hmm, one is FH With commercial and one is LH. Both equally ulu. How come Parc komo only 46% sold whereas tapestry 94% sold?

Is it FH lost its shine Liao?

Not exactly though bro. I have a friend w a $2m budget wanting a CCR project earlier I intro her to buy The M/Kopar but immediately she rejected as both are LH, and wanted only to buy a FH project, and she is looking at Forrett amongst others that includes Glentrees too. I think older generation still have this desire to purchase FH.

One more thing- I think ppl are willing to consider older FH than new 99yLH as they are cheaper w infinite holding in a sense.

Ohw123

Reaction score
Recently I was also comparing two projects, one is tapestry and one is Parc komo. I understand my colleague paid for a 2 + 1 bedder unit at tapestry for 857k for 603sqft which works out to be 14xxpsf.

On the other hand, Parc komo 2 +1 bedder unit at 877k for 614sqft which also works out to be 14xxpsf.

Hmm, one is FH With commercial and one is LH. Both equally ulu. How come Parc komo only 46% sold whereas tapestry 94% sold?

Is it FH lost its shine Liao?

I thought you told us avoid D17 condos (Flora drive, Changi Prison area) at all cost? :D

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Not exactly though bro. I have a friend w a $2m budget wanting a CCR project earlier I intro her to buy The M/Kopar but immediately she rejected as both are LH, and wanted only to buy a FH project, and she is looking at Forrett amongst others that includes Glentrees too. I think older generation still have this desire to purchase FH.

One more thing- I think ppl are willing to consider older FH than new 99yLH as they are cheaper w infinite holding in a sense.

The case u brought up is due to the M/kopar being at superior location than other FHs condos.

But for both tapestry and Parc komo case, why both equally ulu, equal pricing, how come Parc komo FH with commercial only sold 46% whereas tapestry can hit 94% sales?

Is Parc komo undervalued? :D

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
I thought you told us avoid D17 condos (Flora drive, Changi Prison area) at all cost? :D

Yap avoid flora. Of coz I’m not a supporter of both projects. Just wondering why the great disparity in sales betw both.
Tapestry at Tampines ave 10 is no better either. Basically nothing much there.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The case u brought up is due to the M/kopar being at superior location than other FHs condos.

But for both tapestry and Parc komo case, why both equally ulu, equal pricing, how come Parc komo FH with commercial only sold 46% whereas tapestry can hit 94% sales?

Is Parc komo undervalued? :D

Honestly I cannot tell haha but I think both are fairly valued, jus like how Forrett would be too. So it depends on buyer preference.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Yap avoid flora. Of coz I’m not a supporter of both projects. Just wondering why the great disparity in sales betw both.
Tapestry at Tampines ave 10 is no better either. Basically nothing much there.

Boss, Tapestry launched more than 1 year earlier than Komo! Before and after ABSD increase!

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly I cannot tell haha but I think both are fairly valued, jus like how Forrett would be too. So it depends on buyer preference.

Forett buyers got to be careful because D21 is really facing oversupply at current.
Many case studies on D21 FH condos R already not seeing much price appreciation. Was wondering what makes forett potential buyers so optimistic about this project?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Boss, Tapestry launched more than 1 year earlier than Komo! Before and after ABSD increase!

Hi bro,
Based on July done deal and caveat lodged, tapestry saw 36 units sold whereas Parc komo July sales only show 3 units transacted.

It’s not about which one launch first. Even now, tapestry is leading by a huge number based on just July alone.

Last edited:

Ohw123

Reaction score
Hi bro,
Based on July done deal Records and caveat lodged, tapestry saw 36 units sold whereas Parc komo July sales only show 4 units transacted.

It’s not about which one launch first. Even now, tapestry is leading by a huge number based on just July alone.

Uncle Ni, Tapestry average psf is 1361psf while Parc Komo is 1518psf :D

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Uncle Ni, Tapestry average psf is 1361psf while Parc Komo is 1518psf :D

I’m looking at July average psf betw both.
You go see Parc komo, all around 14xxpsf. On the contrary, some units in tapestry is transacting at 15xxpsf :D

Clazav

Reaction score
Whoa Clavon penrose forett all have good share of supporters. Tough competition.

Tool18

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought PE . Originally wanted penrose I used to grow up there at 53 sims drive with my grand parents , but chose PE as my stack
Literally is a stone throw away from the MRT (throw stone should be able to hit the car park in front of eunos mrt )

The average walk is about 10mins as u have to cross a road and an overhead bridge unless u walk by the major junction from penrose

Never considered Forrett cos quite out of the way

lucario1806

Reaction score
Forett buyers got to be careful because D21 is really facing oversupply at current.
Many case studies on D21 FH condos R already not seeing much price appreciation. Was wondering what makes forett potential buyers so optimistic about this project?

Future beauty world transformation. By 2027, transport hub, community hub, new shopping mall and rail corridor should be completed. Cross island line either at beauty world or KAP.

Since the downtown line was up, there has not been any more developments to the area. That’s why I feel the area only appreciate by a bit. But the upcoming transformation might promote more capital appreciation.

Agree on the oversupply of condo. But I feel forett stands out. Being the only new FH among all the other D21 new launches, and also a medium size development 600+ units. The rest < 300+ or boutique.

Last edited:

Ohw123

Reaction score
Future beauty world transformation. By 2027, transport hub, community hub, new shopping mall and rail corridor should be completed. Cross island line either at beauty world or KAP.

Since the downtown line was up, there has not been any more developments to the area. That’s why I feel the area only appreciate by a bit. But the upcoming transformation might promote more capital appreciation.

Agree on the oversupply of condo. But I feel forett stands out. Being the only new FH among all the other D21 new launches, and also a medium size development 600+ units. The rest < 300+ or boutique.

Hi Lucario, you sub to Jim Tay’s channel too right? :)

Ohw123

Reaction score

Me was using the gmail ‘jjchen’ (my mother’s gmail). Now I created me own gmail :)

lucario1806

Reaction score
I bought PE . Originally wanted penrose I used to grow up there at 53 sims drive with my grand parents , but chose PE as my stack
Literally is a stone throw away from the MRT (throw stone should be able to hit the car park in front of eunos mrt )

The average walk is about 10mins as u have to cross a road and an overhead bridge unless u walk by the major junction from penrose

Never considered Forrett cos quite out of the way

Comparing to PE, hands down PE wins all three. Sad to have missed that opportunity.

The neighbourhood surrounding Penrose isn’t very ideal imo. B1 industrial area, very old HDBs, kinda near Geylang. Right next to PIE. Closest to town tho in terms of MRT. If $1500 psf it’s decent deal. $1700 psf wayyy out.

Clavon nothing special leh. If I wanted a condo in Clementi, I rather Parc Clematis. Not many plus points other than rental (which seems solid), but I looking for own stay and for capital appreciation. A lot of competition too like Forett.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.