fitness first

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think might be harder to get slot since those that froze membership prior to August will also be fighting for the slot. unless, majority got pissed off with FF that all really mass quit.

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think might be harder to get slot since those that froze membership prior to August will also be fighting for the slot. unless, majority got pissed off with FF that all really mass quit.

Lol 1030pm also failed.
Jialat lah

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i noticed quite a few times around 10-15mins before the start time some slots opened up (probably people that booked cancelled) i was thinking not sufficient time to get ready and travel down even when i wanted to :( very disappointed

roborovsky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i noticed quite a few times around 10-15mins before the start time some slots opened up (probably people that booked cancelled) i was thinking not sufficient time to get ready and travel down even when i wanted to :( very disappointed

The app doesn't allow booking at last minute, all bookings closed at 20 min before slots start.
So even if someone cancels 10-15 mins before start time, you are unable to book. The slots will be wasted.

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They should start this penalty thing for no show or last min cancel.

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I finally booked, Tuesday 10am lol.

Trying to see if can book the peak hrs

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
baseline value is that athletes should not be denied the chance to maximize their fullest potential to train regularly in an optimized environment and frequency to at least maintain their physic during these unprecedented times :(

crlsberg

Reaction score
Yup agree. Guess ff can’t fully be blamed also as they just complying to regulations

baseline value is that athletes should not be denied the chance to maximize their fullest potential to train regularly in an optimized environment and frequency to at least maintain their physic during these unprecedented times :(

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yup agree. Guess ff can’t fully be blamed also as they just complying to regulations

they had extended operating hours from as early as 7am! the issue is we anticipated phase 3 to start in Aug where regulations will loosen but it didn’t happen! once regulations loosen and able to revert to pre-2020 capacity (which the current facilities, staff and equipment are fully capable of supporting) then shouldn’t be such a pressing issue anymore right?

ch11ane

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I just want to hear some of your opinions regarding my issue.

We've been contemplating since the start of the COVID19 outbreak to terminate our FF membership as we do not want to put ourselves in too much risk. Just some background, I just recovered from a Pneumonia not long ago and my wife also has a history of poor health (frequent fainting and chest issues). So with this, we don't want to take any risk until the situation gets much better.

So we decided to terminate our membership 2 weeks ago and ask this month's payment to be waived. In case some of you do not know, FF needs a 1-month notice for termination. Else, you still have to pay a month due. I might be wrong on this one but another criteria is that the account has to be active and not frozen, otherwise, you still need to pay 1 month before you can terminate even when you give a month notice. Our account has been frozen since the circuit breaker. Anyway, with the current climate, I think it's not unreasonable to take some time to make some decisions. We have been a member of the gym for 7 years. We do not want to give it up but due to the circumstance, we have to.

We have been given an option to freeze for 12 months but that will cost us $720 ($30 admin fee x 2 (i and my wife) x 12 (months)) or pay our final dues which is about 300+++. Both are a waste of money option as we really will not use the gym. Anyway, we opt to terminate and ask for a waiver of the month due. I think it's not unreasonable to ask for a waiver due to the current climate. Are we reasonable to ask for a waiver?

Anyway, FF insist on paying our dues. We have already paid anyway since its charge to our CC. I am disappointed that after being a member for 7 years, this is still too much to ask. We understand its a business but I believe if you take good care of your customer, they will also take care of your business too. We did just that for 7 years and it's disappointing to be treated in such a way in return.

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
wow 7 years is a long time! the instructors are ok, some are good, the staff are alright, I believe is the out of touch management that sets poor misaligned company policies and implements subpar procedures which is partially the cause of much of the broad based members unhappiness

they should really listen to members and take care of their clients, then their business will grow with more people joining instead of more people leaving

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the thing is FF is an operating company and not charity company. So I dun think it wrong for them to follow very rigidly based on the terms and condition stated in the contract.

As stated in the contract, member has/have to pay advance 1 month or paid some fees if any he/she wanna cancel the membership or freeze the membership respectively. there is no clause in the contract stating that they will waive off the 1 month advance payment or freeze membership in the contract in any circumstances. it just a scenario no one encounter before.

I think they have already out of goodwill to waive off the charge for the waival for July period. So, I dun think it wrong even if they insist on the abovementione payment.

dunno if filing a complaint case to CASE will work since contract stated all the terms and conditions.

oh well. It a scenario where obvisouly member will want to be not charge but the company need to earn money to substain the business.

While I'm irritated by the fact that I will still be charge despite not able to fully utilise the gym, nonetheless, I also understand the situation that member and the company are trap in. But, probably, the management could have come up better ways to meet in mid point with member such as compensate the members during this downtime (I.e. half the membership and such during this period).

Last edited:

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the thing is FF is an operating company and not charity company.

oh well. It a scenario where obvisouly member will want to be not charge but the company need to earn money to substain the business.

While I'm irritated by the fact that I will still be charge despite not able to fully utilise the gym, nonetheless, I also understand the situation that member and the company are trap in. But, probably, the management could have come up better ways to meet in mid point with member such as compensate the members during this downtime (I.e. half the membership and such during this period).

members are alright to be charged, so long as we are able to obtain the service that we paid for :) go ahead take our monies sure! the issue is members are unable to obtain the services that they paid for, example imagine subscribing to a telco with monthly fees and was asked to bid for 5 time slots to use the phone internet service, otherwise you’re paying for nothing :(

in this post covid world companies have to rethink their operations to better cater to their clients, cannot be business as usual as an outsider I can see that facilitates, staff and equipments are severely underutilized and idle even in the peak periods evenings and weekends

management has to think out of the box to better utilise their investment for ROI and enable members to access the gym to do their usual routine their favorite classes and everyone’s happy!

problem is members were paying the full membership price for workout at home? these services are available at a much lower fee elsewhere, their core business is fitness where members come physically to their outlets to workout and better improve themselves (remember your roots and core business)

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I just want to hear some of your opinions regarding my issue.

We've been contemplating since the start of the COVID19 outbreak to terminate our FF membership as we do not want to put ourselves in too much risk. Just some background, I just recovered from a Pneumonia not long ago and my wife also has a history of poor health (frequent fainting and chest issues). So with this, we don't want to take any risk until the situation gets much better.

So we decided to terminate our membership 2 weeks ago and ask this month's payment to be waived. In case some of you do not know, FF needs a 1-month notice for termination. Else, you still have to pay a month due. I might be wrong on this one but another criteria is that the account has to be active and not frozen, otherwise, you still need to pay 1 month before you can terminate even when you give a month notice. Our account has been frozen since the circuit breaker. Anyway, with the current climate, I think it's not unreasonable to take some time to make some decisions. We have been a member of the gym for 7 years. We do not want to give it up but due to the circumstance, we have to.

We have been given an option to freeze for 12 months but that will cost us $720 ($30 admin fee x 2 (i and my wife) x 12 (months)) or pay our final dues which is about 300+++. Both are a waste of money option as we really will not use the gym. Anyway, we opt to terminate and ask for a waiver of the month due. I think it's not unreasonable to ask for a waiver due to the current climate. Are we reasonable to ask for a waiver?

Anyway, FF insist on paying our dues. We have already paid anyway since its charge to our CC. I am disappointed that after being a member for 7 years, this is still too much to ask. We understand its a business but I believe if you take good care of your customer, they will also take care of your business too. We did just that for 7 years and it's disappointing to be treated in such a way in return.

Don't do that yet.

How much are you all paying per month? There are many keen buyers on carousell who are interested in taking over the old memberships due to lower rates they are paying.

Considering that you have been a member for 7 years, I think your rates are around $150 p/m whilst new members are paying for $180++ p/m.

Go carousell and sell your memberships, you only need to pay a transfer fee.

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
how come 150++ per month? isn’t there an fee increase in 2019 to 180++ per month?

yamashita

Reaction score
how come 150++ per month? isn’t there an fee increase in 2019 to 180++ per month?

It think what Gambler meant is that for members who had signed up earlier and even with fee increase, it is still significantly lower than new sign-up.

Those on corporate rate are paying even less. For myself, I am paying less than $150.

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
members are alright to be charged, so long as we are able to obtain the service that we paid for :) go ahead take our monies sure! the issue is members are unable to obtain the services that they paid for, example imagine subscribing to a telco with monthly fees and was asked to bid for 5 time slots to use the phone internet service, otherwise you’re paying for nothing :(

in this post covid world companies have to rethink their operations to better cater to their clients, cannot be business as usual as an outsider I can see that facilitates, staff and equipments are severely underutilized and idle even in the peak periods evenings and weekends

management has to think out of the box to better utilise their investment for ROI and enable members to access the gym to do their usual routine their favorite classes and everyone’s happy!

problem is members were paying the full membership price for workout at home? these services are available at a much lower fee elsewhere, their core business is fitness where members come physically to their outlets to workout and better improve themselves (remember your roots and core business)
unfortunately from a business perspective, and from their response so far on their social media. is strictly based on contract. whatever they wanna do is purely out of goodwill now. Hopefully the management will wake up lor.

anyway the measures they doing now is follow the government directive also. if they breach then government ask them close the gym. member will jjww again.

Benefit of doubts given. I choose to believe that they are stuck inbetween of government orders and members request.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.