Huawei mate 20 X discussion thread

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
bought twice p30 Pro used set and not satisfied with the battery as it dropped every 6-8mins

Stylebit

Reaction score
Anyone tried using the pen given together with mate 20X? If yes how's the experience?

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

xXxJavierxXx

Reaction score
Anyone tried using the pen given together with mate 20X? If yes how's the experience?

I use the mpen with zoom. It's good. Perhaps the better experience is with note spen. Mpen need to charge once every 2 days.

micgoh

Reaction score
i managed to get a p30 pro off carousell with warranty till dec 2021 for $480, damn good deal.

so far i think p30 pro is sufficient enough to tempt me out of my mate 20x, tried s20+ which is a no go but surprisingly p30 pro is able to tempt me out.

gonna use p30 pro for a while and see if i can get used to it but so far so good! :s12:

Your entire response, didn't even mention specifically why the p30 Pro tempt you.

Machiam the chicken rice stall at this place is good. Very good. Super good.

Alamak bro.... Give more details la

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im still v happy with my 20x

but have been eyeing a lg v50 or v60

similar to 20x, android, earphone jack, good cameras, but lighter and smaller. ordered a v50 from qoo10. will tryout n update

benqdell

Reaction score
Your entire response, didn't even mention specifically why the p30 Pro tempt you.

Machiam the chicken rice stall at this place is good. Very good. Super good.

Alamak bro.... Give more details la

Camera is ireally good and overall ui seems smoother than mate 20x though same processor but I guess the additional 2gb of ram does help a little somewhat.

Then again, mate 20x screen estate is in a league of its own and i think the closest competitor will be the S20 Ultra but gotta get the Snapdragon version.

Last edited:

heughoghap

Banned
Reaction score
I've just updated with latest Emui. Now there's only 1 self-timer for both rear and front cam where previously, there's separate self-timers. Very frustrating !

Shib

Reaction score
Camera is ireally good and overall ui seems smoother than mate 20x though same processor but I guess the additional 2gb of ram does help a little somewhat.

Then again, mate 20x screen estate is in a league of its own and i think the closest competitor will be the S20 Ultra but gotta get the Snapdragon version.
Sometimes i think about this leica camera thing, is actually nothing fantastic nowadays. P9 was the most original to Leica colors. After that it becomes normal stream like the rest.

SibehHL

Reaction score
Last edited:

benqdell

Reaction score
Looks like used sets from the shopee photos....

Taobao (Chinese ROM) new sets are selling at $400 (RMB1999) for the old version 6G Ram sets and $800 for the latest 5G sets. OK prices if one doesn't mind the no-warranty part.

Guess it's still worth it for 500+ if it's 8gb ram version. Touch wood, Huawei phones are quite robust.

My mate 9 is still going strong after so many years.

ExlamerZ

Reaction score
Anyone found the volume to be softer after the latest software update?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone found the volume to be softer after the latest software update?

Confirmed it is as I have mentioned earlier when the updates was rolled out.

So, just have to up the volume level all the way to the top for the time being for the media volume. It is just like the early day of EMUI 10 updates. The volume was being soften too but Huawei brought the loudness of media volume back after a few updates. :)

Last edited:

Shib

Reaction score
Confirmed it is as I have mentioned earlier when the updates was rolled out.

So, just have to up the volume level all the way to the top for the time being for the media volume. It is just like the early day of EMUI 10 updates. The volume was being soften too but Huawei brought the loudness of media volume back after a few updates. :)
I would say they changed from linear scale to some sort of exponential scale. It is still loud when you max it.

PinkGlory

Reaction score
Whao... I saw a couple few day back now carouhell don't have lol. Is usually going from 500-650. Really depend on condition and most importantly the warranty. Going to send my for battery replacement soon . First time I use a phone for almost 2 years and still can't find a replacement . Sigh.

Sent from Huawei Mate 20x using GAGT

Will service centre give battery replacement if phone not faulty? Do we need to back up our phone before that? The whole phone will be factory reset after that?

benqdell

Reaction score
Will service centre give battery replacement if phone not faulty? Do we need to back up our phone before that? The whole phone will be factory reset after that?

There is a service/maintenance mode in the support app, not sure what it does though.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
interesting.

I'd chatted with the agent twice, both times they mentioned that I need to factory reset the phone before sending in.

never did they mention about maintenance mode.

There is a service/maintenance mode in the support app, not sure what it does though.

benqdell

Reaction score
interesting.

I'd chatted with the agent twice, both times they mentioned that I need to factory reset the phone before sending in.

never did they mention about maintenance mode.

Go to support app, services, quick services, more, maintenance mode

heughoghap

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone knws how to get around setting different self timers for front and rear cam ?

The latest update unified self timers into one for both cams.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just chatted with the online support today.

as proper procedure, they will recommened.

but ultimately, it will depend on the service centre itself.

Go to support app, services, quick services, more, maintenance mode

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.