China Tablets to recommend

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shag.. so which would you recommend to buy?

You decide... do you use Netflix at all? I don't, so no issue to me... but if I were to view videos, I must watch them at HD (720p) or full HD (1080p)... I like very sharp images when viewing pictures or videos... and data usage not important cos you're on wifi...

Anyway, today tried using the iPlay20 with Zoom... about 50 people in the meeting... cannot make it... videos don't play properly, and audio not very clear - come on and off like that... according to my mum... so maybe the processor not powerful enough for large online meetings... if online meetings not important, then moot lar...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Except for more established tiong brands like Huawei and xiaomi don't expect the smaller players to have widevine lv1

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT

From the YouTube video posted above, apparently having L1 DRM isn't a cost issue... there's no fee to pay... so it is either the company missed out on it, or users of the tablets don't bother with HD content cos of data issues... but it's good to have and if you don't want the data penalty of HD, can always select SD leh...

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From the YouTube video posted above, apparently having L1 DRM isn't a cost issue... there's no fee to pay... so it is either the company missed out on it, or users of the tablets don't bother with HD content cos of data issues... but it's good to have and if you don't want the data penalty of HD, can always select SD leh...

If you talk about Netflix, then it is more a Netflix issue. Netflix does not want to work with small vendors.

It is the same situation for Android TV OS based boxes, among Chinese vendors, only Xiaomi gets the certificate to have Netflix HD/4k. Vendors like Minix and Mecool get Android TV OS certification and Google Widevine DRM Level 1, but still no Netflix HD/4K.

Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah will try to wait patiently and see how big the price difference is. :s12:
So far bestgreen is still the cheapest for the 4/64 + shop coupon

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually it looks ok with SD on my mipad 4.

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow! From where? That's cheap!
I just need a simple one for e-reading/light surfing/occasional videos.
Can try waiting for Amazon sales, the new 2020 Fire HD 8 is quite ok, I bought for 60 USD, use a PC program remove almost everything become stock Android, don't even have Calender. :s13:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try waiting for Amazon sales, the new 2020 Fire HD 8 is quite ok, I bought for 60 USD, use a PC program remove almost everything become stock Android, don't even have Calender. :s13:
Don't really fancy the fire OS. Too heavily customized and certain apps just don't work properly with it and my previous gen of the fire hd 8 touchscreen just abruptly stopped working. When I tried a factory reset it worked fine for a while and died again so I can't even pinpoint the exact fault

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you talk about Netflix, then it is more a Netflix issue. Netflix does not want to work with small vendors.

It is the same situation for Android TV OS based boxes, among Chinese vendors, only Xiaomi gets the certificate to have Netflix HD/4k. Vendors like Minix and Mecool get Android TV OS certification and Google Widevine DRM Level 1, but still no Netflix HD/4K.

I see... Netflix is annoying like that...

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't really fancy the fire OS. Too heavily customized and certain apps just don't work properly with it and my previous gen of the fire hd 8 touchscreen just abruptly stopped working. When I tried a factory reset it worked fine for a while and died again so I can't even pinpoint the exact fault

I dun like fire os force feed you ads drain battery to flat on standby. Irritating, dead when you try to use it.

Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dun like fire os force feed you ads drain battery to flat on standby. Irritating, dead when you try to use it.
Did you try the toolbox app? It can disable lock screen ads

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8-hd10/development/official-amazon-fire-toolbox-v1-0-t3889604

gong318

Reaction score
hmm now I'm contemplating between iPlay20 and galaxy tab a 10.1 3gb ram... I value HD vids quite a bit but the price difference is quite huge...

how's social network surfing on both? e. g. Facebook, Instagram, tik tok

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm now I'm contemplating between iPlay20 and galaxy tab a 10.1 3gb ram... I value HD vids quite a bit but the price difference is quite huge...

how's social network surfing on both? e. g. Facebook, Instagram, tik tok

if you have your own videos then iplay is enough. if you stream netflix then you need galaxy tab

Kunkka

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend drawing tablet

Posted from PCWX using LYA-L29

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you have your own videos then iplay is enough. if you stream netflix then you need galaxy tab

Agree... just bite the bullet and buy the Tab A... it's cheap enough already...

As for YouTube not playing at 1080p, seems like xiaofan is right... it's a region lock thing due to COVID-19... otherwise I can't think of a reason why full HD videos won't playback for some streams...

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If wanna watch Youtube can always install YouTube Vanced manager, no need root, no ads, can control quality and swipe controls for brightness/volume.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If wanna watch Youtube can always install YouTube Vanced manager, no need root, no ads, can control quality and swipe controls for brightness/volume.

Ok thank you!

On second thoughts, possible to watch Netflix off browser version and circumvent the HD/SD issue?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.