Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah I know the pro controller is ex lah, but I think it's alot more convenient to use when playing on TV heh

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4X using GAGT

It's because now I mainly play on my TV, that's why I bought it. Previously using the Joy-Con controller grip but a dedicated controller is much better to use.

p0is0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'm able to share the links here as some people will report and it's infractable I think, even though I'm not affiliated with the seller.
I PMed you the seller I usually buy from.

The price usually varies but now it's 62 sgd for $50 credits. You can use singtel dash on mondays to get 5 off 50 to make it $57.

Can PM me too? Thanks!

strikefreedom_83

Reaction score
Anyone able to buy from South Africa eshop recently? It used to work on my DBS creditcard then it stop working, and I changed it to Singtel Dash virtual creditcard and it stopped working now after a while..

AshleyRiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Days ago I accidentally dropped my right side joycon and after that it got a little wonky :s22:

When I try to detach it from the console and play in vertical/horizontal mode, it fails to detect my right side joycon. I tried to charge (oddly enough it always shows 100% fully charged) and retried. It doesn't work. I tried to resync, same thing it doesn't work. There are just no green lights at the side of the joycon

BUT the funny thing is, in handheld mode the right joycon works absolutely fine... :spin:

I want to understand what is exactly going on here? Is there any places/reputable shops I can get someone to examine it and try to fix it? I bought my Switch 2 years back so warranty is not valid anymore.

Or will it be cheaper to just buy 1 x Right Joycon?

Thanks

strikefreedom_83

Reaction score
Hi all,

Days ago I accidentally dropped my right side joycon and after that it got a little wonky :s22:

When I try to detach it from the console and play in vertical/horizontal mode, it fails to detect my right side joycon. I tried to charge (oddly enough it always shows 100% fully charged) and retried. It doesn't work. I tried to resync, same thing it doesn't work. There are just no green lights at the side of the joycon

BUT the funny thing is, in handheld mode the right joycon works absolutely fine... :spin:

I want to understand what is exactly going on here? Is there any places/reputable shops I can get someone to examine it and try to fix it? I bought my Switch 2 years back so warranty is not valid anymore.

Or will it be cheaper to just buy 1 x Right Joycon?

Thanks

Sounds like a problem with the SL SR ribbon. It's a common problem, and I had it and I didn't drop my joycon. It works when it is attached but not detected when unattached and no lights on the 4 led.

Search for the replacement parts on Shopee, Lazada, Aliexpress etc and get the screwdriver too. I fixed it myself for around $6 to $8. If you want external help then you can search on Nintendo Switch Singapore Facebook group but it is much more expensive.

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys
planning get a powerbank for my switch. i now Anker is the official endorse switch powerbank but any issue if using other third party powerbanks ?
Most powerbanks that can do 2.4A on 5V is able to charge a switch in portable mode. PD powerbanks on the other hand can charge while you are playing. Can go challenger flagship at bugis to try the more branded powerbanks.

For me im using an iwalk powerbank with no issues for my switch lite.

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also bought mine recently at GameXtreme with CapitalMall vouchers, in the end only paid $64.

Nothing beats the Pro Controller for Switch. Not only have HD rumble and wake features, the batt life is also around 40hrs, though a full charge could take up to 6hrs. Most 3rd party ones usually do not have that kind of batt life.
And has the sensor for amiibo as well. 3rd party often doesnt include this.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And has the sensor for amiibo as well. 3rd party often doesnt include this.

True. So the original Pro Controller’s price have some justification to it, albeit the $99 price tag.

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pokémon Center @ Jewel has been selling the Gen 2 Neon and Grey sets for $469 for a while already.

Am quite tempted to get the Gen 2 Korean set from Qoo10 at $388. Less than $400 no need pay GST. I'm still leaning towards the Lite though.

Last edited:

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pokémon Center @ Jewel has been selling the Gen 2 Neon and Grey sets for $469 for a while already.

Am quite tempted to get the Gen 2 Korean set from Qoo10 at $388. Less than $400 no need pay GST. I'm still leaning towards the Lite though.

where to get the 388 deal? the cheapest i see is 419 no coupons allowed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.