Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

koifishclown

Reaction score
Yup checked out their white series. ASET have perfect symmetry, like all JP standard to their SIC. What I can’t gather my head around is how they managed to get it brighter and brilliant. I took it outside under the sun and under the LED light and their white light.. it all looks unique and mad sparkly. Oval is lit.

From my understanding there’s proportions, ASET, optical symmetry. But all 3 visually is like 50- 60% on the spot brighter and more brilliant. So what else is there to look out for besides the ASET? I thought ASET will show all the light return?

tyrensky

Reaction score
Yup checked out their white series. ASET have perfect symmetry, like all JP standard to their SIC. What I can’t gather my head around is how they managed to get it brighter and brilliant. I took it outside under the sun and under the LED light and their white light.. it all looks unique and mad sparkly. Oval is lit.

From my understanding there’s proportions, ASET, optical symmetry. But all 3 visually is like 50- 60% on the spot brighter and more brilliant. So what else is there to look out for besides the ASET? I thought ASET will show all the light return?

but oval looks... 'oldish' to me. i like the decagon shape thou..

koifishclown

Reaction score
but oval looks... 'oldish' to me. i like the decagon shape thou..

Yeah, Decagon shape is nice. It's not too different.
I thought the oval was not bad too. It has a wider spread than the round so it looks bigger for the same carat weight. And the price is cheaper than the SIC too and summore with better brightness. I guess for those that want a bigger size but have a budget, can consider the oval.

nbsswap

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm lookig to sell my engagement ring from Jann Paul but understand that they do not do buyback due to the lack of certification. I understand from them that there's a trade in policy where you get to keep 100% value of the diamond and trade up for a bigger one. I have a 0.42c diamond bought from them 2 years back at SGD3,200. Trying my luck here to see if anyone wants to take it from me (at both our agreed price of course) and use it to buy a bigger ring than mine. I'm in no rush to sell; pls PM me for info, thanks!

Last edited:

koifishclown

Reaction score
Brought my gf down to JP for 2nd visit and she directly told me she wants the white series. lol. We narrowed down either the decagon or oval. Initially, I was quite set on the decagon and I do prefer the decagon. She said no point getting the white series round since its going to be different. Might as well go for the more special shape, which I agree.

Then she saw the oval. At first we're not too sure about it, but after they put it on top of her hand to see. The more we see it, the nicer it looks. Eugene told us that oval shape goes better on longer fingers like my gf and suitable for her hand shape. Also, the oval has wider spread than the round so it will look bigger for the same carat. Plus the oval is priced cheaper than the SIC too. So tempting.....

We need to place an order for them to custom cut either one. But can't decide on which. I was ready to go ahead with the decagon but the more me and my gf see the oval, the more we're leaning towards it. The fire and sparkle of it is also very intense and already outshines the round. Just can't decide which shape to go for. What do you guys think?

This is the decagon
wvFcwrc.jpg

the oval
YNfXYKE.jpg

P.S. the oval is hearts and arrows (8) too.

uniquely_ad

Reaction score
Brought my gf down to JP for 2nd visit and she directly told me she wants the white series. lol. We narrowed down either the decagon or oval. Initially, I was quite set on the decagon and I do prefer the decagon. She said no point getting the white series round since its going to be different. Might as well go for the more special shape, which I agree.

Then she saw the oval. At first we're not too sure about it, but after they put it on top of her hand to see. The more we see it, the nicer it looks. Eugene told us that oval shape goes better on longer fingers like my gf and suitable for her hand shape. Also, the oval has wider spread than the round so it will look bigger for the same carat. Plus the oval is priced cheaper than the SIC too. So tempting.....

We need to place an order for them to custom cut either one. But can't decide on which. I was ready to go ahead with the decagon but the more me and my gf see the oval, the more we're leaning towards it. The fire and sparkle of it is also very intense and already outshines the round. Just can't decide which shape to go for. What do you guys think?

This is the decagon
wvFcwrc.jpg

the oval
YNfXYKE.jpg

Havent seen the oval in person but darn it looks good..if you're both interested in it go for it! Its unique, what size is that?

koifishclown

Reaction score
Havent seen the oval in person but darn it looks good..if you're both interested in it go for it! Its unique, what size is that?

The oval in the pic is 0.7ct. I'm looking at 0.7ct also but they're not selling that piece right now cos they only have that 1 piece available that they need to show around. So I'll have to pre-order another a new one.

The oval looks even better in real life man. They also showed it to me outside the shop. Even though there wasn't much sun, it was still damn sparkly. I'm like 80% committed to it already. lol. Just getting more feedbacks from friends and family.

mardybum

Reaction score
The oval in the pic is 0.7ct. I'm looking at 0.7ct also but they're not selling that piece right now cos they only have that 1 piece available that they need to show around. So I'll have to pre-order another a new one.

The oval looks even better in real life man. They also showed it to me outside the shop. Even though there wasn't much sun, it was still damn sparkly. I'm like 80% committed to it already. lol. Just getting more feedbacks from friends and family.

I would say go for the oval one. It really looks good on ur gf’s finger btw what’s her finger size?

ahhjiee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to jannpaul to look see, in the end placed a deposit for decagon 0.71-0.72 carat quoted around 7k for G-F VVS1-VVS2. Ok price? Specs not confirmed as still cutting

nbsswap

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm lookig to sell my engagement ring from Jann Paul but understand that they do not do buyback due to the lack of certification. I understand from them that there's a trade in policy where you get to keep 100% value of the diamond and trade up for a bigger one. I have a 0.42c diamond bought from them 2 years back at SGD3,200. Trying my luck here to see if anyone wants to take it from me (at both our agreed price of course) and use it to buy a bigger ring than mine. I'm in no rush to sell; pls PM me for info, thanks!

Reaction score

This is the decagon
wvFcwrc.jpg

the oval
YNfXYKE.jpg

The Oval does look pretty on her hand. I would pick it too given the choice :)

Reaction score
Went to jannpaul to look see, in the end placed a deposit for decagon 0.71-0.72 carat quoted around 7k for G-F VVS1-VVS2. Ok price? Specs not confirmed as still cutting

I recall their SIC rounds 0.7ct F-G being about 6k range. Yours is their new decagon thats suppose to be 5-10% more and its VVS1-VVS2. $7k is really worth it for that better cut also. I think for those that have time to wait for them to cut, its very worthwhile to get their white series range instead.

koifishclown

Reaction score
The Oval does look pretty on her hand. I would pick it too given the choice :)

Thanks guys! I just placed a deposit for the oval today :D
Can't wait to see the finished ring.. Though they need afew months to custom cut the diamond out. I guess good things have to wait. Haha.

I compared the oval and their SIC round again. The oval does look more firey and brighter. Summore its cheaper for the same specs.

ZacharyA

Reaction score
If your current gf still keeps her ex boyfriend proposal ring (no feelings for him anymore) but just because the ring he used to proposed costed $50k and he is not taking it back, how do you feel?

In all likelihood, 90% of the guys will not have the budget to get a $50k rock. How to deal with such situation?

1) You only have budget to get something between $3-5k
2) You don't like the idea that she is still keeping a gift from her ex, and it's not a handbag / rolex. It's a proposal ring.

Thanks in advance for senpai advice

uniquely_ad

Reaction score
If your current gf still keeps her ex boyfriend proposal ring (no feelings for him anymore) but just because the ring he used to proposed costed $50k and he is not taking it back, how do you feel?

In all likelihood, 90% of the guys will not have the budget to get a $50k rock. How to deal with such situation?

2) You don't like the idea that she is still keeping a gift from her ex, and it's not a handbag / rolex. It's a proposal ring.

Proposal Ring is a Nono for me, because its a personal item even though your gf has no more feelings for ther ex..then again if she still insist on keeping that ring means she's a very materialistic person. And as a couple she should understand how the other partner would feel.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

she should just sell it, same as the guy who posted twice earlier about his JP diamond.

I wouldn't feel right if she were my gf.

SushiBoy888

Reaction score
Oh wow! That's a statement piece. Very pretty! Is that the ring design you doing? Iirc, if you do full eternity like that, you might not be able to resize your ring in the future.

No la, I collected my ring from JP long time ago already. Just lurking and itchy fingers. haha.

I'm waiting for their Decagon melee diamonds to come in for my wedding bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.