Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Handsome_guy

Banned
Reaction score
If i am not mistaken, the eatigo 50% time slots are for their ala carte menu n not the ala carte buffet. The ala carte buffet timing can only get 10% nia.

Btw, did you end up trying kiseki?

Yes I tried kiseki recently.

Variety is a lot but nth really stand out. But if you got limited budget and still want to try a variety then go. But dun compare it to those more expensive ala carte Jap buffet like Shin Minori etc.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I tried kiseki recently.

Variety is a lot but nth really stand out. But if you got limited budget and still want to try a variety then go. But dun compare it to those more expensive ala carte Jap buffet like Shin Minori etc.

You tried kiseki b4? For their ala carte buffet style, did the variety drop a lot compared to b4? Waiting time? TIA!

Handsome_guy

Banned
Reaction score
You tried kiseki b4? For their ala carte buffet style, did the variety drop a lot compared to b4? Waiting time? TIA!

Not many people there.

You key into the ipad. One time can only submit 8 items then they serve quite fast, not much waiting time.

AceKingSuited

Reaction score
$19.90++ ala carte buffet @ Square Furama Riverfront

https://www.furama.com/riverfront/promotions/Eat-All-You-Can

Menu - https://gofile.io/d/Wrz818

Warning - Food is mostly mediocre except for the laksa which is decent. The grilled items machiam like lucky draw, some nicely cooked, some too cooked :o

For 19.90++ w beef, lamb n salmon sashimi etc, can't complain value wise, but whether you enjoy the meal taste wise is another matter :s13:

If you still wanna try, just some things to take note of. They will serve you a 'complimentary' dish of steamed dory in soy sauce. Quite a large portion of 3-4 fillets. Once served, even if you immediately decline it, they said they will throw it away as they cannot serve it to others. The soy sauce is okay, but the fish is just frozen dory fillet (yucks), so i suggest you tell them right at the start to skip the dish. The bbq stuff also comes w baked n mashed potatos. So same thing, just tell them in advance not to serve the potatos. Btw, the buffet comes w coffee n tea (coffee is quite robust!) n some juice too.

Does this hotel buffet have any dress code? Slippers allowed?

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hows the taste n waiting time? If have to wait 30 mins between orders also sian 1/2.

I will mention this again so people know what I am referring to:
Buffet from The Garden Kitchen
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=182031626677348&id=100464578167387

The price of this buffet is 19.90 nett.

Food wise choice is pretty complete. It’s basically like the Tze Char stall into buffet style. Just the soup, steamed sea bass, honey pork ribs, herbal soup prawns were already totally worth the price. The ingredients were pretty fresh too.

The portions are generous, so having more people means you can try more dishes. The only thing is their duck and chicken, abit tough and doesn’t taste fresh, so just avoid that.

Waiting time from our first order think was probably 15-20mins and they come together, so you must eat fast otherwise all the dishes will get cold.

For the price tag and selection of dishes, I think I would go again.

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was given a whole fish and not dory fillet and i must say the fish is good. (pic below taken after i finished half the fish and turn over to the other side)

only problem is the wait time, so better go on weekday

NCEZfhS.jpg

Nice fish. :s12:

Handsome_guy

Banned
Reaction score
Went for the Tunglok seafood buffet at Orchard Central at 8pm. Need to make reservation, if walk in maybe can't get a table. Very crowded.

So first round, whack the sashimi, prawn, fish...all the expensive one. Skip most of the veg and the carbs. Why waste stomach space on fried rice? The sashimi standard is acceptable. This one whack many times. First round food come instantly so I guess they already prepare beforehand.

Second hand really takes really slow. Dunno is on purpose or the restaurants too busy. The one time item - Chilli crab, fish maw soup and the scallop with brocoli takes ***** long to arrive. Crab is fresh but the sauce a bit not suited to Singapore taste.

3,4 round almost time's up. Whack whatever is available.

Cost per person is $48 after GST. Dun bother eat that appetizer which is $4. Can order chinese tea free flow, only $2 each. The desserts dun wait till the end then order. By that timing, they may tell you no more already so just order early. 10.30pm they start chasing ppl away cos need to close or tio fined.

Overall, I think very worth it cos eat a lot of the expensive stuffs.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$19.90++ ala carte buffet @ Square Furama Riverfront

https://www.furama.com/riverfront/promotions/Eat-All-You-Can

Menu - https://gofile.io/d/Wrz818

Warning - Food is mostly mediocre except for the laksa which is decent. The grilled items machiam like lucky draw, some nicely cooked, some too cooked :o

For 19.90++ w beef, lamb n salmon sashimi etc, can't complain value wise, but whether you enjoy the meal taste wise is another matter :s13:

If you still wanna try, just some things to take note of. They will serve you a 'complimentary' dish of steamed dory in soy sauce. Quite a large portion of 3-4 fillets. Once served, even if you immediately decline it, they said they will throw it away as they cannot serve it to others. The soy sauce is okay, but the fish is just frozen dory fillet (yucks), so i suggest you tell them right at the start to skip the dish. The bbq stuff also comes w baked n mashed potatos. So same thing, just tell them in advance not to serve the potatos. Btw, the buffet comes w coffee n tea (coffee is quite robust!) n some juice too.

I went yesterday. Crowded. Service is sloooooow. They missed many orders. My salmon sashimi didn’t come despite making numerous orders. Until I told the waitress specifically then she brought them out herself. Lamb didn’t come. Steak and salmon nicely done, laksa and char kway tiao not bad. Skip the bak kut teh. It’s not hot, so it’s fail. Oh the whole, it’s a decent buffet.
Just that they don’t have enough staff to do table service if restaurant is full.

Handsome_guy

Banned
Reaction score
I went yesterday. Crowded. Service is sloooooow. They missed many orders. My salmon sashimi didn’t come despite making numerous orders. Until I told the waitress specifically then she brought them out herself. Lamb didn’t come. Steak and salmon nicely done, laksa and char kway tiao not bad. Skip the bak kut teh. It’s not hot, so it’s fail. Oh the whole, it’s a decent buffet.
Just that they don’t have enough staff to do table service if restaurant is full.

Thanks for your review.

So this buffet can skip liao.

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
Any reviews on Rise MBS ala-carte buffet? Or suggestions for good buffet that serves fresh oyster? TIA!

yup, would love to know too with any buffet that serves fresh oyster. i know melt is not yet doing buffet and 333 is fully booked for the month.

Spidie

Reaction score
Anyone interested to join us for ala carte lunch buffet @ Santa Fe, on Sun 16 Aug 12pm? $21++, tex mex food. Food is good although the waiting time can be quite long at times.

Promo-21st-Anniversary-Order-Form-Web-1.png
Wah order the ribeye must add extra $$ per serving.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested to join us for ala carte lunch buffet @ Santa Fe, on Sun 16 Aug 12pm? $21++, tex mex food. Food is good although the waiting time can be quite long at times.

i don't understand why they like to put non AYCE items in there.

Handsome_guy

Banned
Reaction score

Just nice I miss your post.

This one quite affordable. Like to go there one day!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.