ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apex

Reaction score
Well again, if we don't isolate the problem, you ask him change ISP and the problem will still persist (given that ISP also don't give him a proper router).

So far we can determine highly likely hardware restrain is causing the problem.

Yah option 1 and 2 is used to determine the router issue. If VQ configure the Zhone to bridge or he got a better router wifi and still having issue on both LAN and wifi than it left with

ISP issue or equipment issue (laptop,phone).

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm very dangerous proposition if again, I’m being paranoid: zhone being configured as bridged device, letting the router do the heavy lifting

From my limited know how and assistance, most family don’t even know how to enable the basic firewall

This is from a sample of helping my cousin, reset his Asus ax and it wasn’t on for for firewall when I checked the settings :s22:

Are the default issued routers from VQ configured to have those security settings on by default ?

Posted from PCWX using iPhone12,5

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, I use zhone as router and use an asus router configured as wireless AP. Streaming video improves a lot. Zhone's wifi is disabled through zhone's configuration page.
Con is all traffic goes through that one ethernet port on zhone.

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm very dangerous proposition if again, I’m being paranoid: zhone being configured as bridged device, letting the router do the heavy lifting

From my limited know how and assistance, most family don’t even know how to enable the basic firewall

This is from a sample of helping my cousin, reset his Asus ax and it wasn’t on for for firewall when I checked the settings :s22:

Are the default issued routers from VQ configured to have those security settings on by default ?

Posted from PCWX using iPhone12,5

As far as I can tell, these are the facts:
1. admin and user password remains default
2. Firewall is enabled but DOS elements are all unchecked. This is as good as not having firewall enabled
3. eth0 WAN facing services are mostly enabled

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, these are the facts:
1. admin and user password remains default
2. Firewall is enabled but DOS elements are all unchecked. This is as good as not having firewall enabled
3. eth0 WAN facing services are mostly enabled

:s22::s22::spin: ah man

CRViper

Reaction score
any VQ users here playing current season of Diablo 3 and experiencing massive lag? Strange it only happens on D3 and not other games. Is there something like routing that VQ able to rectify on their end?

dethangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any VQ users here playing current season of Diablo 3 and experiencing massive lag? Strange it only happens on D3 and not other games. Is there something like routing that VQ able to rectify on their end?

Not sure if anything was done to VQ's end.

Blizzard's connection of late - especially to the US server (WoW) seeing crazy high latency till i had to re-route to my other ISP to resolve it.

You can try to look up the IP address of your world/realm/server end - https://us-looking-glass.battle.net/

Of course - you could try bugging tech support...

CRViper

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Other frens from ST and StarHub didn’t experience any issue when we are all in the same game. Likely something on VQ’s end since those on other ISP didn’t have issues

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score

VQ is too premium thus they implemented some premium lag for you.

Serious note please just drop them. Go m1 for gaming it's half the price and stable.

TonyStark

Master Member
Reaction score
is it true viewqwest is the worst isp? thinking of porting from singtel since contract is up soon. saw the promo for zenwifi xt8 not bad

giraffey

Reaction score
is it true viewqwest is the worst isp? thinking of porting from singtel since contract is up soon. saw the promo for zenwifi xt8 not bad

Perhaps, the best way to find out, is to try it?

On my list, VQ is not the worst. :)

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, the best way to find out, is to try it?

On my list, VQ is not the worst. :)

true they're not the worst, but they are definitely not worth their price.

just curious who is the worst for you?

Perhaps Whizcomms as they are the cheapest? but u don't see as many complaints there.

I think the big 3 are ok, if u wanna use own router M1 allows you to.

DriftKing

Reaction score

Perhaps Whizcomms as they are the cheapest? but u don't see as many complaints there.

Ya lor, VQ mostly the same complaint comes from the usual few, maybe the other thread doesn't have the same type that keeps repeating the same story. And again comparing price, I don't see the stark difference still. Remember whoever considering to sign with VQ, please speak with their sales, you'll most likely get a better deal than just signing off existing promo. Then do homework and compare with other ISP.

Never try never know. Some tried and is still ok. And for those want to switch ISP, ask yourself is there really big issues and not related to hardware /user fault?

If I experience VQ problem I'll also complain here no worries. We are not working for any ISP so we should be in the same ship here. Consumer, assembled!

giraffey

Reaction score

hmm.. have not used whizzcomms before though. But, in my experiences with ST, they are is the worst overall. They have the best for network reliability and consistency. But, I'm not satisfied with their sales, support/service, arrogance/inflexibility, equipment "lock"..

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Reaction score
Down in AMK since morning. Zhone keeps rebooting. Tech support takes forever to get through. zzz I am burning through my mobile data.

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Reaction score
Down :| they're going to change out my zhone again (it was already replaced once with the same issue two weeks ago). What a waste of my time.

physistry

Reaction score
Any of you have speed issues on devices through the wired connection? I am able to max out my 1gbps plan on my laptop. But when I wired connection to both Apple tv 4k and nvidia shield, I am only getting like 250-300mbps download and 600-800mbps upload. All three devices I use same cable direct from netgear to test. Weird that my laptop can max out but not the other two devices.

Thinking it's a device issue, I tried bringing the device to my friend's house using diff isp. I'm able to get 1gbps for both Apple tv 4k and nvidia shield at his house. I am quite lost on what else can I troubleshoot or isolate the issue at home. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.