Remove air freshener stain on car dashboard

Kpo8585

Reaction score
Hi guys, any idea how or what product that is effective in removing the unsightly streak of stain caused by a leaked air freshener on the car dashboard?

lovemuffins

Reaction score
Maybe try those white sponge cleaner from daiso? I'm not a professional but i use it for things around the house and it cleans but maybe your dashboard is leather or plastic..maybe do a spot test at the side see see first?

Kpo8585

Reaction score
Okie, will try. Thank you! :)

Maybe try those white sponge cleaner from daiso? I'm not a professional but i use it for things around the house and it cleans but maybe your dashboard is leather or plastic..maybe do a spot test at the side see see first?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, any idea how or what product that is effective in removing the unsightly streak of stain caused by a leaked air freshener on the car dashboard?
Nothing will help except a full dashboard replacement.

SuperSprint

Reaction score
try meguair dashboard protector, been using it can remove any stains and dirts.
give a matt finish and car look like showroom condition

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, hopefully it works on this kinda stain too. Thanks!

It won’t. The discoloring is due to reaction of the alcohol. You can’t re-color something already discolored.

It happened to my friend’s Civic. Groomer put the scent upside down. Leaked out. Groomer can’t even fix it, offered to replace the entire dashboard ($1K++).

Kpo8585

Reaction score
Omggg. Sighhh 😭😭😥

It won’t. The discoloring is due to reaction of the alcohol. You can’t re-color something already discolored.

It happened to my friend’s Civic. Groomer put the scent upside down. Leaked out. Groomer can’t even fix it, offered to replace the entire dashboard ($1K++).

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well another extreme way is to dye dashboard.
Probably not just that part which make is look awful. The whole thing.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only use the gel type one, or the yankee candle aircon vent type.

Last time I tried the liquid one it toppled and leak onto my floormat. So heng no stain. Then I stopped using it.

This kind u need to replace the entire dash one. Cheaper one maybe can try to source from scrapyard.

Sent from 雪花飘飘北风啸啸, 天地一片苍茫
一剪寒梅, 傲立雪中, 只为伊人飘香 using GAGT

Kpo8585

Reaction score
Yes you are totally right on that. Thanks for responding! :)

I only use the gel type one, or the yankee candle aircon vent type.

Last time I tried the liquid one it toppled and leak onto my floormat. So heng no stain. Then I stopped using it.

This kind u need to replace the entire dash one. Cheaper one maybe can try to source from scrapyard.

Sent from 雪花飘飘北风啸啸, 天地一片苍茫
一剪寒梅, 傲立雪中, 只为伊人飘香 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.