Should I Stage 1 Tune my car?

Ashton

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mk 6 is custom tuned, sort of between stage 1 and 2.
I only change air intake and decat my exhaust.

Personally i feel got difference especially the pickup, but i'm thinking of going to do dsg tune as well, this will shorten the gap between gear shifts and less "tua" during low gears.
But that's low priority as i'm already enjoying the drive now.

Have fun TS!

Fast

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mk 6 is custom tuned, sort of between stage 1 and 2.
I only change air intake and decat my exhaust.

Personally i feel got difference especially the pickup, but i'm thinking of going to do dsg tune as well, this will shorten the gap between gear shifts and less "tua" during low gears.
But that's low priority as i'm already enjoying the drive now.

Have fun TS!

Exhaust knock through?

Dropmat

Reaction score
I’m looking at BMS Andrew and Eurosports Calvin. Any experience with either?
Calvin seems a bit conservative whereas Andrew seems to deal more jap ride although has done up considerable contis.
Also spoke to monster but decided not to proceed.

Dropmat

Reaction score
Want to tune better go reliable tuners. Don’t later tune Liao ECU up Lorry.

Tune stage 1 liao then add all this to feel stage 1 at least 150-160 BHP if your is 120bhp.
DV+ diverter
Aftermarket air filter
Add pedal box for faster response to acc pedal.
The pickup from low to mid will improve. But don’t expect much high end.

Tuning is to make the output graph as linear as possible but there is this compression point at the high end which will cut off high end.

Stage 1 is good enough, anything above that can buy better performance car

Who is reputable for contis? I’ve seen people recommend happy dyno tuners. I’ve seen people recommend tuners who toad tune without any dyno result.

Ashton

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exhaust knock through?

Ya i did at racetech.
Did downpipe 1st, then like not very shiok, few days later went back to decat the entire thing.

Now feels and sounds good, heng still can pass inspection. :)

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya i did at racetech.
Did downpipe 1st, then like not very shiok, few days later went back to decat the entire thing.

Remove catalytic converter and still can pass inspection?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya i did at racetech.

+ Remap the ECU. :s13::s13:

geekroute

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at BMS Andrew and Eurosports Calvin. Any experience with either?
Calvin seems a bit conservative whereas Andrew seems to deal more jap ride although has done up considerable contis.
Also spoke to monster but decided not to proceed.

i would recommend Eurosports. I have used him for 2 of my rides - both conti and never had problems. another popular choice will be Monster Tune, both are very experience in tuning VAG rides.

Ashton

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i would recommend Eurosports. I have used him for 2 of my rides - both conti and never had problems. another popular choice will be Monster Tune, both are very experience in tuning VAG rides.

Ya.. the names normally recommended are Eurosports, Monster Tune and ETuners

Dropmat

Reaction score

Thanks. How custom is his stage 1? Is he willing to push beyond what he previously done up for other same models?

I thought his Mercedes tunes look a bit conservative but nonetheless I understand he is highly recommended in Mercedes community.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your Golf's gearbox (DQ200) is rated for only 250nm. Dont exceed this limit when tuning or you can start replacing MU/clutch every couple years

YouHappyCanLiao

Reaction score
Stage 1 you get slight better drive over stock so long dont race it often wear n tear is about the same as stock

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some shops claim their work with exhaust is bao pass, my friend intro to me and i was skeptical at first, end up really pass.

Please don't bao toh me :s13:
Last time i somemore borrow stock exo from wkshp to pass. Haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.