Antares vs Penrose

PSP1_Geek

Master Member
Reaction score
I am considering between Antares and Penrose

I like Antares because it is
- 3 mins to MRT
- less than 30mins to central (Chinatown MRT)
- Taxi stand right outside the development
- Bus stop direct opposite development
- 3mins walk to food Centre across the canal
- few min buy ride to Paya Lebar
- with above, the surrounding is still serene
- there are also no other condos around to compete for rental

I have no idea about Penrose but I didn’t like because it’s too near to Geylang redlight district.

Seek inputs for the 2 projects. Thanks,

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Congratulations you are now the new owner of The Antares.

Many pros for Antares
1 main con for Penrose

Congratulations.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Taxi can enter your condo while u wait at drop off area, no need head out to taxi stand just to take taxi.

2. Penrose is far away frm redlight district.

Ayamini

Reaction score
Antares

Along the road there is a Church and Mosque that is a no-no sign for me already

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't really like the area, the area has a very run down feel, plus the roads if you're coming in from Upper Paya Lebar has too many turns to get to the site. The road it's on is also a narrow 2 lane with the school at the end, and cars are parked along one side during schooling hours.

propertyinvestor40

Master Member
Reaction score
The property area of Antares is depressed. Also the reason why the sales is not good. Although it is a leasehold (corrected), u will have a hard time selling back to market in the future.

I will choose Penrose at aljunied mrt between these 2.
Sims urban oasis sold out 100%, TRE residences sold out 100%, park place residences sold out 100%, parc esta sold 90%, the m first day 70% sold.
The sales already explain everything quite clearly here. Demand stronger than supply in this area. It means a greater chance on capital appreciation. Not to mention the rental in D14 is really good.
The Bugis transformation, kallang development, bidadari/woodleigh together with paya lebar quarter business hub, geylang rezoning. It is happening right now and it is where u wanna position yourself in to have a better edge.
U are at the right path choosing property in this area. :)
Cheers. Good luck in finding your desired new home. 😬

Last edited:

Ohw123

Reaction score
The property area of Antares is depressed. Also the reason why the sales is not good. Although it is a free hold, u will have a hard time selling back to market in the future.

Sims urban oasis sold out 100%, TRE residences sold out 100%, park place residences sold out 100%, parc esta sold 90%, the m first day 70% sold.
The sales already explain everything quite clearly here. Demand stronger than supply in this area. It means a greater chance on capital appreciation. Not to mention the rental in D14 is really good.
The Bugis transformation, kallang development, bidadari/woodleigh together with paya lebar quarter business hub, geylang rezoning. It is happening right now and it is where u wanna position yourself in to have a better edge.

Bro, Antares is a 99 yr leasehold. If it were a freehold, I think at 1750psf~ it would be fully sold out immediately.

Ohw123

Reaction score
The property area of Antares is depressed. Also the reason why the sales is not good. Although it is a free hold, u will have a hard time selling back to market in the future.

Come, I support you in your quest of spreading influence that Penrose is da best new launch in 2020
Just make sure you get a unit there on launch day itself. No excuses ;)

jimtaysg

Reaction score
Come, I support you in your quest of spreading influence that Penrose is da best new launch in 2020
Just make sure you get a unit there on launch day itself. No excuses ;)

Really the best New Launch in 2020? The results seem to say so!

I Am humbled to have spotted my name appearing in the forums. Thank you for watching my videos!

Belated, but I just posted something on Penrose. Thought the audience here might find it interesting.

normoh

Reaction score
Antares and Penrose both had the same feeling. Walk out to shops and eatery. Now only depends on the mrt u take more frequently and the layout you want. Definitely for self stay.

heroking

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
antares circuit road there nearby all the rental flat and industrial area
u sure u want to buy?
the nearby rental flat the people there at night dont like to sleep
sure many problem

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
antares have all the good stuff mention as i grew up there. but the issue is tat it is too expensive, i was looking at level 9 and the price was crazy during cny and at the start of the china virus...... for those to say too much turns, well, the road will be relight soon, and the rest of the land will be sold as residential

Querenzboy

Reaction score
[what’s the sales now in antares? Price is too close to paya lebar PLQ. Bit too expensive. Reckon need more discounts from developer :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.