"GodZyla – Thoughts, Guides And Etc"

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gryphon VIII

Finally I have completed this build which I name is Gryphon VIII (Since it's of a generation 8 processor)
before I start all the custom crimping and such. I have tested all components to make sure it's all running and windows 10 is booting properly.

now where I have stop previously.

everyone hate to hide cables and such. I am of no exceptional. Especially well build fans that comes with thick braided black tubings.

I first remove those tubing.. due to the fact that that I dislike how they bend.
xkREkdZ.jpg

Screwed on the 140mm fans to the AIO radiator and trim short the fan cables to the length I wanted.
sBl9IYG.jpg

Crimping the fan wires together to tidy up the messy length and to prevent using extra connectors (the Y Split Fan connectors. I hate using them.. as it give more cable clutter for cable management)
hLpAyhF.jpg

The motherboard comes with a RGB Header that support 12VDC/ 3A 36Watts. instead of getting it from deepcool / Phantek / Cosair / NZXT, I got this for $17.90. A 5meter 12vdc RGB 5050 5A IP65 LED strip.
52u26wY.jpg

Am too lazy to show you the custom LED strip that I have measured to Length, Ampere and wattage. reason to do this, I hate to do lots of connectors, I prefer to have one point connection. anyway below is the extension cable that i have done for this RGB LED strip.
NUwNbpo.jpg

jUjG8rB.jpg

After I have done all these, it's time to fix all the components and to do some cable management. well not very fantastic but will do for now. I will tidy up further before returning to it's rightful owner.
YdNQbk6.jpg

Honestly if I have more time, I will do up the Phantek Halo Fan Frames connections. The daisy chain connection is really messy. oh well.

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clean look, thats what I like.. not so much blinking factor.. drives me crazy
DDL97kk.jpg

I must say, I really like the paracord sleeves more than PET sleeves. Paracord sleeve make the 24pin power cables bend to shape easily due to their flexibility.
YAP0Tu0.jpg

kIR1kgF.jpg

1f3Yjvq.jpg

This is upon request from my friends wife.. can it do pink lol
xZOaWRK.jpg

FpITzvc.jpg

Overall am really happy work with this project... infact this is my first time working on a SECC casing (phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE) that is so well build and it cost me only 75 dollars 2nd hand.. I wonder why did the owner dislike this case and went for an inwin303. maybe he is going full on water cooling as what I know that case is pretty bad for just air cooling.

Anyway there are a few flaws about this casing. 1st there are no Power LED. the power LED on the case will only show if you turn on the RGB Fan contoller to light up the Halo Fan Frames. 2nd there are no reset button. Well my friend and I can compromise that when we discuss about getting this case.

the biggest flaw it had is the lack of Gen 2 Type C connector at the front IO panel.

besides these 3 factors. The case is prefect for this build and now just have to wait for the Graphic Card prices to drop as it's too crazy to get one even for low end cards. We rather wait till it drop to get a decent GTX 1060 or GTX 1070. oh well, lets see how.

Last edited:

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thought I've stop PC building hmm, two weeks ago, my trusty GodZyla 7 died after 10 years of service.

WxcUyH0.jpg

1) Intel i7 Core 875K + Asus P7P55D-E Pro
2) 2 x 2GB G.Skill RipJaw 1600mhz DDR3 rams
3) 1 x Asus ENGTX460 DirectCU 1G DDR5
4) 2 x 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon (waiting to be delivered)
5) 1 x Lian Li PC-7FNWX Aluminum Mid Tower Casing (waiting to be delivered)
6) 1 x Cosair H70 Water Cooling Compact Kit (SGD $175 w/Gift, thanks to Cobell for the gift and pa9797 for the mass order)

zuGdKOw.jpg
cyGDypo.jpg

oh well.. scrap these out.. going to rebuild another.
some old Intel 512GB of SSDs MLC mainly and some new spares m.2 MP510 480GB which are actually for my laptops.
9sYXlx0.jpg

Don't ask me why not EVO 860 or 970, I don't find them practical and plus these MP510 does do a decent job.

Anyway I had my eye on Lian Li Lancool 2 as I don't fancy the Lian Li OL11. though pack with features but it's too big for me.

cont......

Last edited:

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, since the day my old com died and while looking around of what's good, I was thinking of getting the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE which I did for a friend.

After viewing the reviews on Youtube (2nd day after this case was launched)
I have already set my mind on this. :s13:

just got this an hour ago lol.

INtl2A5.jpg

V5SiHXc.jpg

mee9Yiy.jpg

SLK8RhL.jpg

jp0gVrM.jpg

6NLK8aB.jpg

My honest opinion, I am always a fan of Lian Li's casing, features like
Removable motherboard tray, fast expansion slots clip ons, Q-connectors and lots more.

as for this case.. yes it does pack with lots of features, the only thing I dislike about it is.. ITS SUPER HEAVY lol.. maybe all these years using lian li, it's always full aluminium.. oh well, shall wait for the rest of my parts to arrive and will be doing up another PC during Christmas season :)

to be continue....

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since this will be my last build before retiring, I've decided to do up videos instead. just for remembrance.

Full video build Journal of GodZyla 9

Hardware Introduction

Preparation

DIY Projects

Tips & Tricks

UserBenchmarks: Game 105%, Desk 121%, Work 96%
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K - 99%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti - 104.6%
SSD: Corsair Force NVMe PCIe M.2 480GB - 194.3%
SSD: Corsair Force NVMe PCIe M.2 480GB - 214.9%
SSD: Corsair Force NVMe PCIe M.2 480GB - 211.6%
SSD: Corsair Force NVMe PCIe M.2 480GB - 209.3%
RAM: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 104.8%
MBD: Asrock Z390 Taichi

Last edited:

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am impress of this case Akoncore C650 Mid towel. I believe is a Korean case build. Just like to share, it might not be as good quality as the Fractual Design Mestify C or the Phanteks P400A, but it does come with some thoughtful features and accessories.

Last edited:

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to update on what's done. I've completed the build on this case Abkoncore Cronos 650 :p

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updated two more vids related to Lanli Lancool II

those who work from home only.. Gamers this vid is not for you.

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personal sharing on PC build and how to decide on case and to plan for airflow

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Experimenting this as opportunity with case airflow and to do some mods on a Zotac RTX 2080 Super. Surprising result.

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share how to maintain your PC components. mainly anything with PCB,
in this vid I will share with you by using electronic cleaner, you will be able to preserve your card which will looks brand new. (tip, easy to sell with a brand new looking card)
This include how I bring the heatsink back to shine.

Last edited:

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to reply my viewers on Youtube about RTX 3000 series card with my current rig setup. I do not intend to get the RTX 3000 series but still able to share what I know based on numerous RTX 3000 series card dimension.

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got this SL120 Lian Li UNI Fans and to share my thoughts about these ARGB fans.

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you reckon the mounting holes will allow it to be mounted onto any kind of radiator ?

they are the precise holes to any 120mm fan layouts. it's 100 percent mountable on any 120mm fans location. Even if you want to mount on a 360 Rad, not an issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.