The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, a bit OT but can I know what's the average CPU temp on idle/light load for Ryzen 7 2700? I'm currently getting about 55 degrees Celcius on average, not sure if its a problem with the thermal paste/CPU cooler (I'm using Cyrorig C7) or it's like supposed to be like that?

Good thing is that when gaming it doesn't heat up that badly (hits 82 deg C) since it adheres strictly to 65W TDP, apparently. My settings are all on default, AMD chipset driver and power plan installed, etc. except that I'm using XMP profile for RAM.

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, a bit OT but can I know what's the average CPU temp on idle/light load for Ryzen 7 2700? I'm currently getting about 55 degrees Celcius on average, not sure if its a problem with the thermal paste/CPU cooler (I'm using Cyrorig C7) or it's like supposed to be like that?

Good thing is that when gaming it doesn't heat up that badly (hits 82 deg C) since it adheres strictly to 65W TDP, apparently. My settings are all on default, AMD chipset driver and power plan installed, etc. except that I'm using XMP profile for RAM.

C7 is a low profile CPU cooler, so the high temp is to be expected. The supposed TDP that it can support, I am not sure how they derived at it. I've tried using a low profile cooler (supposedly supports up to 130W TDP) to cool my Ryzen 2700 previously, and it did not work well. So in the end, I replaced the cooler with a 30 bucks Cooler Master Hyper 212 Led and that did the trick. Idle was in the low 40s I believe.

bryanho

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently I’ve purchased a 3950X and Asus Strix X570-E Gaming set on behalf of a friend. Using NZXT Kraken Z73 as a cooler, the idle temperature seems to be sitting around 50+ degrees. My friend isn’t a Super enthusiast.

Is there anything I need to pay attention of on the BIOS to lower the temperature?

Hi CeSaRiO; did you manage to to find out if this was normal? In ambient temperature of ~28 Celcius, getting about the same.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's normal.

jess_sy

Reaction score
I ordered 3700x. Ships from and sold by Amazon US. But they used ECMS express from HK. Don't know why.

My order estimated was suppose to be longer but suddenly updated at shipped thru this Apex logistic. Tried searching the tracking number and it's in HKG too.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Any updates on the 3700X + MSI X570 for S$3XX in amazon one??? :s13:

Amazon removed that combo liao. :s13:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the 3700X + MSI X570 for S$3XX in amazon one??? :s13:

Amazon removed that combo liao. :s13:
UPJzLOvl.jpg

As expected, only mobo :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

d3fc0n

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian.. i hesitated on the $249 1TB 970 Evo Plus.. now it went back up to $272 :sad:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even processor like 3600 n 3700x prices went up
Ahh yes. Bought it for $221 and increased to $242 the next day lol

BTW, is it logical to pair 3600 with a X570 board? Or is B550 good enough? Price diff is around $50. Doubt I will be overclocking. More worried about whether I can run the rams at full 3600mhz.
Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.